Welcome to PatsFans.com

Trade Mallett, get AJ or Z-Mett at a bargain

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by English Patriot, May 8, 2014.

1. English Patriot

English Patriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +28 / 60 / -51

#87 Jersey

Those guys, especially McCarron are built to play for the Pats and sit behind Tom. They're not quite NFL polished but learning behind Tom they could end up being great in Pats blue.

Either that or trade Mallett and try use that pick to move up and get a stud wideout or TE.
  2. ctpatsfan77

ctpatsfan77 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +205 / 4 / -5

Methinks the Pats will not go into the season with Brady as the only QB on the roster. ;)
  3. Marinlik

Marinlik Rookie

Ratings:
    +32 / 0 / -1

Bring in a free agent and take a QB in with a 4th round pick or later. Then take Bradys replacement in a year or two.
  4. chasa

chasa Rookie

Ratings:
    +194 / 6 / -1

#87 Jersey

maybe we should start an official mallett trade thread for all the mallet trade threads
  5. Avenger

Avenger Rookie

Ratings:
    +77 / 4 / -1

#11 Jersey

Murray in the 5th or 6th or Shaw in the 7th
  6. CISGS

CISGS Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Anyone but Mettenberg.

I hate that kid.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. nabwong

nabwong PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Amen. I don't hate him but I feel as though he plays a little scared.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. sb1

sb1 Rookie

Ratings:
    +49 / 0 / -11

#12 Jersey

Maybe it's just me but it's amazing how eager a lot of people are to get Ryan Mallett off this roster.

I don't get it...
  9. CISGS

CISGS Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

I don't know if it is necessarily that. His contract is up next year and Mallet is going to want to actually play football. You can't really blame him if he signs somewhere else. Its not like we are going to offer him more to be a backup.
  10. CISGS

CISGS Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Hate might have been a little strong. I don't really "hate" people but I just don't see it with him. I really don't. I wouldn't mind McCarron or Carr, just not Mett.
  11. SalemPats

SalemPats Rookie

Ratings:
    +117 / 17 / -17

No Jersey Selected

If we're going to lose Mallett next year, i'm in favor of trading him and drafting Mettenberger, I think he's going to be a stud
  12. SalemPats

SalemPats Rookie

Ratings:
    +117 / 17 / -17

No Jersey Selected

It's not that we want to get rid of him, but with Brady he's 3-4 years away from starting and he's a FA next year. It seems like he's going to leave next year, so we might as well get value for him.
  13. Snake Eyes

Snake Eyes Rookie

Ratings:
    +111 / 12 / -8

Mallett is extremely inconsistent when throwing the ball, he throws a lot of crap balls into the ground behind the receiver and every now and then he’ll make an amazing throw right on the money. This isn’t surprising because his mechanics are so inconsistent, his body movement is all over the place which impacts where the ball goes. You’d think after being on the team for a few years he’d work day and night to smooth out his mechanics.

He’s got a million dollar arm but a 2 cent brain, he’s basically the anti-Brady, we hate him for the same reasons we love TFB.

Mallett is a poor man’s Bledsoe and Mettenberger is a poor man’s Mallett. I want Brett Smith as a backup to TFB, I also want Hoyer to keep Manziel on the bench!
  14. sb1

sb1 Rookie

Ratings:
    +49 / 0 / -11

#12 Jersey

Just seems like the talk was already going around that Mallett should be traded the moment after he was drafted, it's not just this year....

Sure he has work to do to improve but it's not like other teams don't know that too... so why would they give the Pats anything that would make a trade favorable vs keeping him and assessing whether he's worth keeping beyond 2014? Just getting rid of him for the sake of getting rid of him doesn't make a lot of sense...