PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Trade down with the Lions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

carolinatony

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
The Lions will pick in the middle somewhere 12-18ish, would they be a good trade partner? What do they have for Extra picks? I future #1 from them may be good as we all know they will never win in our lifetime.
What other teams may be good partners do you think?

Who would the Lions be trading up for?

I cannot see a player who would take them to the next level. Millen cannot afford to trade up for a QB of the future, he needs his team to win now. They have three ok backs I guess you can make a case for McFadden but I don't see it.

I can't see them trading up that far for any of the linemen either.

Well aside from the obvious likelihood of Dallas there are a few other options. Some have mentioned Atlanta and that is a possibility but only if they are looking at McFadden. If they want a quaterback which seems more likely I think they will stand pat and get one of Brohm or Ryan if not having their choice between the two. Baltimore is another possibility as I think they are going to need to look quaterback. There is some speculation that Billick since he just signed a lucrative extension following last season that he will have a final opportunity to groom a quaterback. You are basically looking at any team that might want McFadden or any team beyond the top 8 that might want a quaterback. Chicago? Maybe Houston would like Jake Long? Some possibilities out there.

Sounds like you think we may have to draft at this pick.
Usually there are 4/5 great players at the top but it seems a bit weak this year.

Sounds like you think we may have to draft at this pick.
Usually there are 4/5 great players at the top but it seems a bit weak this year.

I'm hoping somebody falls in love with Mcfadden and we can trade down once from 2 to say 4 or 6.

Everlong is right, the Lions are in no position to trade picks away considering their OL and secondary needs a complete makeover.

Last edited:
I was thinking Maybe the Lions had 2/3 second rounders that they could trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back