PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Trade Done as per schefter (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's an absolute joke we couldn't get more than a 3rd for him. We've been fleeced.

Randy is one of my two favorite players on this team, but I also do think we'll win without him. Nevertheless, I'd be embarassed to only get a 3rd for the best WR to play the game / currently in the game. Shameful and humiliating from a front-office perspective.

Re: Trade official: Pats trade Moss to Vikes for a 3rd rounder

Hey dont worry we got 8 picks in the first 4 rounds of the 2011 draft... Who the heck cares about 2010, when we could draft players that may or may do squat .... :rolleyes:

Who really has the confidence that this (low 3rd round pick) won't be effin cut in 2 years, and what effin good are these picks going to do anyway for an aging Tom Brady........Garbage

Minny is desperate having placed all there eggs in the Bret basket and all we get for our top wr is a third rounder. Either Randy has been a bigger PITA then we are led to believe or BB has lost his friggin mind, so much for TE's running wide open down the middle.

Now I see the 2006 popgun offense and a defense that will struggle. 7-9?
I concur. But think positively, that 7-9 record will get us a higher draft pick spot each round :rolleyes:

A done deal time to move on. Moss has lost a step and it can't get open anymore, so it's a good trade

Bull****, more of this crap. Just like it was a good deal to get rid of Asante and now we can't cover anyone. Some *******s will do anything to justify everything BB does.

I'm gobsmacked by the trade in terms of what the perception of our offense is. That said, one can only assume this means Hernandez and Gronkowski's development made Moss expendable and we plan on using our tight ends more.

Hernandez is becoming a deep threat and leads me to the conclusion that BB sees it too.

Thanks for the memories Randy. That one handed catch over the middle against the Colts in 2007 will stick with me forever.

Goodbye Moss...goodbye Welker.

More then anything else I am just confused by the trade. As everyone has been saying, at face value it doesn't make sense to trade him away for a 3rd round pick. Obviously then it isn't about the pick. I wonder what it is about then but also realize we will never know the whole story unless it comes from Randy. This is surreal. I was so psyched when he came here in 07 and always defended the guy. Now I am a bit pissed because this is somewhat what he pushed for.

The expectations for this year were never really that high to begin with, but I still always held out hope that they could come together later in the year. Maybe the reality is that BB never felt they were that good to begin with. Who knows.

I've never had a problem with Belichick's draft strategy, but if he trades down in the 2011 draft, I'll lose my ****.

Felger's so vain, he probly thinks this song is about him :singing:

guess we can kiss superbowl dreams goodbye.

We weren't winning the Superbowl, with or without Randy Moss.

I have enough faith in Bill that he had his reasons for pulling off this trade. If he could have got more for Randy I'm sure he would have. Will we miss him? Of course but I think our offense will be fine without him. Only yesterday Bill was eulogising about how fantastic our offense is and how we can put the same personnel out on the field but have so many different formations with the versatility of Hernandez, Edelman, Woodhead, Tate, Gronkowski etc. That alone makes it so difficult to defend. You don't know whether it is run or pass.

More then anything else I am just confused by the trade. As everyone has been saying, at face value it doesn't make sense to trade him away for a 3rd round pick. Obviously then it isn't about the pick

Or, like the vast majority of inseason trades, we'll find out in two weeks that the terms announced were wrong, and its really a 3rd and a conditional whatever.

Minnesota is the winner here. Obviously, Patriots have done everything they could to accomodate Moss and send him out a happy man.

I have been feeling heavy hearted since last night when the trade talks became public, despite the fact that I believed for over two years that Randy Moss is not good for the Patriots. Brady had developed many bad habits looking for the instant gratification that comes with a long hook up to Moss.

Back to the basics, Patriots!!. Kudos to Bill B. for having the guts to doing what is best for the Patriots and also keeping Moss happy at the same time. Despite what everybody says, the season is not lost by any means.

I guess in BB land, value is value, regardless of the ame on the back of the jersey. Never thought I'd say this, but I'll miss Moss in a Pats uniform.

So you get Moss for a fourth rounder after a terrible performance in Oakland and now trade him for a third after one of most dominant stretches by a WR in NFL history.

Well, I guess that makes sense, right?

Bull****, more of this crap. Just like it was a good deal to get rid of Asante and now we can't cover anyone. Some *******s will do anything to justify everything BB does.

So you know for sure that Moss was giving you 100% this year. You and everyone in this thread who is mad simply don't understand how difficult it is toi coach with an unhappy veteran super star. They can hurt you as much as they help you. If Moss would have given 100% you are right to say boo. But if you had to question as a coach every play was he giving 100% then it's time to move on from that player because they may win you games but not championships. They take the team down with them and they know it which is why they act like spoiled brats.

You know nothing about cohesion.

We traded a 3rd & 4th last year for Burgess.

Raiders got more from that trade than we did for Randy Moss.

Never thought about that. Thanks for making us feel better. :(

With Moss, this team had a chance for the Super Bowl. The defense is talented but needs seasoning, just need to use their heads a bit. The DL is figuring things out with the 2 gap.

We should have predicted this now that I look back on it.

The only thing I don't understand is Randy not getting a new contract. If I'm Randy Moss, I can't say that I wouldn't raise a stink either. I mean, the guy is in the twilight of his great career, and there's a potential lockout next year. You can bet he didn't want to go on the market as a 35 year old. Jerry Rice lost it at 36.

It's about the money for Randy. I can't say I blame the guy. Anyone with a contract expiring this year is an unhappy camper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back