Schilling:3.87
Dice: 4.40
Lester: 4.57

2009 ERAs
Beckett: 3.44
Lester: 3.79
Buckolz: 3.72
Penny:4.71 /Wake: 4.31/Masterson 4.63

Our 3rd starter this year, and possible our 4th are better than the 3rd starter in 07.

Buckolz? :D He's pitched 9 innings and you are going to use ERA to tell me how good he has been? Come on man. Too small of a sample size.

I love Wake but I sure as hell don't want him starting for them in the playoffs unless it's an emergency.

The only thing the Sox have going for them rotation wise if they make the playoffs is that they have 2 beasts going 1 and 2. After that it sucks.

The only thing the Sox have going for them rotation wise if they make the playoffs is that they have 2 beasts going 1 and 2. After that it sucks.

No, after that they have a handful of pitchers who are league average, and have the potential to be much better.

No, after that they have a handful of pitchers who are league average, and have the potential to be much better.

I can agree with that but if Lester or Beckett don't win all their starts in a series they are probly ****ed.

I can agree with that but if Lester or Beckett don't win all their starts in a series they are probly ****ed.

I'm curious where all these other teams have 3rd and 4th starters with sub-4 ERAs.

NYY,TB,CHW are all pretty close.

Congratulations, you have turned the Red Sox into the Yankees of the 90s. Strip the minors of talent and trade every top prospect for the flavor of the moment...

That's a brilliant attitude; hold onto the young talent that MAY make it to the show one day and don't trade for one of the three best pitchers in baseball right now.

This isn't Jeff Bagwell for Larry Anderson.

Who is going to beat the Sox in a series with Beckett/Lester/Halladay?

And stop for the love of Christ saying they can wait a year and a half and drop a dump truck full of money in front of Halladay and get him as a free agent.

The Red Sox won't be the only team after him, and at the age of 34, would you really want him and also, Beckett is a free agent at the end of the 2010 season.

It would help if you read what I wrote instead of babbling about us becoming the Yankees.

If they make this deal, they will become the Yankees; of the late 90's...............

I have no problem trading Clay, Justin and any position player not named Kelly, Westmoreland or Anderson for someone like Roy the boy. ;););)

I have no problem trading Clay, Justin and any position player not named Kelly, Westmoreland or Anderson for someone like Roy the boy. ;););)

I believe at least two of those three were talked about today on WEEI as being untouchables for a trade...and the original poster's story was "updated" removing Westmoreland from the trade proposal.

Last edited:
Lets face it, if we want a chance at winning this year we need either Halladay/Gonzalez/Martinez to compete. From what I here the Sox are pushing hard to get Adrian and their fall through plan is Victor. Only problem with Victor is that he is an average defensive catcher and our pitchers are used to Tek the computer

That's a brilliant attitude; hold onto the young talent that MAY make it to the show one day and don't trade for one of the three best pitchers in baseball right now.

This isn't Jeff Bagwell for Larry Anderson.

Its not trading A player. Its gutting their entire farm system of MLB ready talent. We're talking about trading 2 cost controlled starters, one with ace potential, and some other great prospects, for 45 starts.

Lets face it, if we want a chance at winning this year we need either Halladay/Gonzalez/Martinez to compete.

I'm curious as to what your definition of "compete" is. While getting absolutely NOTHING from the DH, C, and SS, and having a ton of injuries to the starting staff, we've managed to have the 4th best record in all of baseball, without Halladay/Gonzalez/Martinez.

I'm curious as to what your definition of "compete" is. While getting absolutely NOTHING from the DH, C, and SS, and having a ton of injuries to the starting staff, we've managed to have the 4th best record in all of baseball, without Halladay/Gonzalez/Martinez.

Compete was the wrong word to use, but we needed someone to come in and right the ship a little. The Sox had just gotten into a rut, and hopefully Martinez and Kotchman help

Nothing from the catcher position? Varitek has had an above average season compared to the rest of the catchers in the league this year. And that's taking his inability to throw runners out into account.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back