PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Trade Deadline: This Tuesday?

Status
Not open for further replies.

scout

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Haven't seen any posts or rumors lately. I guess the biggest news will be if Oakland dumps any players. Why Al would even say he's considering it is beyond logic. No matter who came in, wouldn't contribute this year, and he doesn't have his first pick for the next draft.

Haven't seen any posts or rumors lately. I guess the biggest news will be if Oakland dumps any players. Why Al would even say he's considering it is beyond logic. No matter who came in, wouldn't contribute this year, and he doesn't have his first pick for the next draft.
Outside of Asomugha what would be big news? Yes it is this Tuesday...correct draft picks cannot contribute this year :)

Last edited:
am I the only one that thinks a little excitement forhte trade deadline in the NFL would be great i know it's a tough thing to do maybe moving it to week 9 or 10 espcally if it goes to 18 games

Outside of Asomugha what would be big news? Yes it is this Tuesday...correct draft picks cannot contribute this year :)

Actually, there would be a number of players on Oakland's roster who would look good in a Patriots uniform. Despite it's horrific record the last few years, their are players with talent on that team.
Don't understand your draft pick comment. If Al traded a player for another player (no matter who that was) they would have a hard time contributing this year.

Twitter should be alive tomorrow morning and afternoon about a bunch of rumored trades.

Unfortunatley, most won't go anywhere. :( Anyone know why? Like, is it jsut for salary cap reasons, or is it more of getting a player to learn the new teams system? Or something else?

I am sure Asomugha would love to get out of oakland but the raiders wont trade him and they would ask for alot, alot.

Asomugha for Mankins. Make it so BB! :D (Restructure his crazy contract afterwards!)

Actually, there would be a number of players on Oakland's roster who would look good in a Patriots uniform. Despite it's horrific record the last few years, their are players with talent on that team.
Don't understand your draft pick comment. If Al traded a player for another player (no matter who that was) they would have a hard time contributing this year.
While that's true I can't imagine them trading away any young players but I'm pretty sure there's a number of players available through trade could contribute this year for them...

Al Davis will trade Asomugha when Hell gets icicles. Al is obsessed with CBs and I don't see him dumping his best guy and one of the best in the league. Maybe he would for the to get the Seymour pick back but even then I sort of doubt it.

Of course I used to say the same thing about Al and his big WRs :)...and that is just another reason he would not deal Asomugha to the Patriots. He does not want to see Asomugha with a Patriots SB ring because that could well happen if the Patriots got Asomugha (last piece of the puzzle).

Any chance Bill uses the draft picks to aquire a depth CB?Have to think both of them teams are calling for Mankins.

Think Mankins will be moved to the Bears or Cowboys tomorrow?

Have to think both of them teams are calling for Mankins.

Last edited:
I hope they get rid of Mankins for a player, a pretty decent one hopefully.

Give us Spencer for Mankins.The cowboys are going nowhere.I am sure they could use Mankins.

I think McFadden would look nice in Patriot blue. Turning into the runningback most thought he'd be.

Logan would have to sign a contract before he could be traded.

I think some people are confusing football with baseball. In-season trades of any type are not common in football. NFL teams don't unload players near the trading deadline the way MLB teams do.

As for Mankins, as Michael mentioned above he would have to sign his offer from the Pats first. For a trade to happen, he would have to agree to go to that new team, and have a long term deal in place with that new team. On top of that the two teams would have to have a deal in place that both sides could live with.

In other words, very doubtful all that will happen within the next 19 hours.

I think some people are confusing football with baseball. In-season trades of any type are not common in football. NFL teams don't unload players near the trading deadline the way MLB

This year is the exception to that rule.

While that's true I can't imagine them trading away any young players but I'm pretty sure there's a number of players available through trade could contribute this year for them...

Very true. Then again, what if I had said a few weeks ago, the Pats would trade Moss, wait a few days, then trade for Branch.
Don't think anything will happen, but its something to post about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes