Trade = Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remix 6

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
Raiders | Moss will not be traded
Sun, 15 Oct 2006 08:15:17 -0700

ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports Oakland Raiders WR Randy Moss will not be traded during the season.

Raiders | Porter will not be traded
Sun, 15 Oct 2006 08:13:26 -0700

ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports Oakland Raiders WR Jerry Porter will not be traded during the season.

kffl ^

doesnt have to mean its the truth but why hide a trade really? your 0-5. oh well. i knew Moss would be extremely hard to get b.c his contract backload but JP..well Raiders suck

While the Raiders aren't known for good moves, keeping Moss for now is a good move.

If they are going to deal him, they don't want to do it when his value is at its lowest and the market is limited. In the offseason there will be more competition for his services and that would mean better compensation.

how can a trade which never existed anywhere but in the imaginations of bored people be dead? it wasn't alive in the first place, and official word from Mortensen won't be enough to quash the crazies

Trade = Yes for good value

There is a football game both on and off the field.
Getting Gabriel for a 5th was a win.
Trading Branch for a 1st round pick was a win.
Trading Gorin for a pick was a win.
Getting 4 CPs in 07 was 4 wins.
Resigning Seymour and Koppen were 2 wins.

Basically the Pats will continue making winning moves off the field.
Frankly it looks more likely for us to pick up a DB before the trade deadline,
but I have confidence that any move by our front office will likely be very good. The way I see it we have tons of ammunition to bring in new talent if the value is good.

Ok, now i am officially "nervous" about us getting Moss. With all the rumors circulating, nothing would happen--but now????

Remix 6 said:
kffl ^

doesnt have to mean its the truth but why hide a trade really? your 0-5. oh well. i knew Moss would be extremely hard to get b.c his contract backload but JP..well Raiders suck

English please?

pats1 said:
English please?

whats hard to understand? The JP part is the only thing that might be hard to read because i stopped without insight.

Remix 6 said:
whats hard to understand? The JP part is the only thing that might be hard to read because i stopped without insight.

A clearer way to post, version 2:

KFFL:

Raiders | Moss will not be traded
Sun, 15 Oct 2006 08:15:17 -0700

ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports Oakland Raiders WR Randy Moss will not be traded during the season.

Raiders | Porter will not be traded
Sun, 15 Oct 2006 08:13:26 -0700

ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports Oakland Raiders WR Jerry Porter will not be traded during the season.

Obviously this won't put the trade aspirations to bed, but what do the Raiders have to gain in hiding the trade? They're 0-5.

Moss would be tough to trade anyway because of his backloaded contract.

Last edited:
oh..im so sorry that i didnt waste my time thinking about a Raiders move..i just found it..posted it and gave a quick 5 second thought

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back