PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Trade Bait

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which 3? I'll give you Koppen vs Mangold, but what were the other ones?

Also, you can't ignore the fact that most teams could stack 8 against the Jets without worrying too much about Sanchez.

Moore >>>>>>>>>>>>> Connolly
Ferguson >> Light

And I say that as someone who generally thinks D'Brick is somewhat overrated. He's a solid player, probably slightly better than Light at this point in their careers.

Moore over Connolly and Ferguson over Light.

And we're going to have to disagree on Moore. You are aware that he was so good, that he's lost his starting spot, right?

Ferguson is better than Light, but most of the difference is in pass blocking, IMO.

Mankins is DRASTICALLY better than ANY of the guards the NYJ have. Vollmer is better than the jets RT.

FootballOutsider's adjusted Line yards have the Patriots at #1, and the Jets at #3, so the idea that BJGE wasn't running behind a great line is pretty much absurd.

And we're going to have to disagree on Moore. You are aware that he was so good, that he's lost his starting spot, right?

LOST his starting spot? He had surgery and is recovering :p

... so the idea that BJGE wasn't running behind a great line is pretty much absurd.

No one is making the claim that the Patriots offensive line wasn't good. But it wasn't markedly better than the Jet's offensive line was, and thus your attempt to credit the Patriots OL for BJGE's success doesn't carry much water.

And seriously, I don't know what to tell you if you think Moore wasn't head-and-shoulders better than Connolly last year. The only reason Connolly wasn't replaced was because the Patriots had no one better to replace him beyond the guy who couldn't stay healthy if his life depended on it.

I don't have anything against BJGE. He's just a completely average player at the position that is easiest to replace, and at which rookies have the absolute easiest times adjusting to.

How is he average if he has the most consecutive carries without a fumble currently of any RB in the NFL? How is he average if he has never been injured in his career unlike so many injury prone RBs?

His ypc is right up there with most of the starting RBs in the league, whats the problem?

Last edited:
Do any of the members here know of a team with a surplus of talent in the secondary? Even some kids with potential.

You're talking about the Patriots secondary, correct?

Which 3? I'll give you Koppen vs Mangold, but what were the other ones?

Also, you can't ignore the fact that most teams could stack 8 against the Jets without worrying too much about Sanchez.

Brandon Moore>Connelly.
Furg >Light
Mankins>Slauseon
Mangold> Koppen
Vollmer>Woody.

So, Jets have LT, C, RG
Pats- LG, RT
That's my opinion.

Brandon Moore>Connelly.
Furg >Light
Mankins>Slauseon
Mangold> Koppen
Vollmer>Woody.

So, Jets have LT, C, RG
Pats- LG, RT
That's my opinion.

Woody is retired..

Woody is retired..

I know. I was comparing them from Last year.

If these are the starters of the Jets line in 2011,
Furg-Slausen-Mangold-Moore-Ducasse,

Vollmer >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Ducasse.

Same result.

I don't get this BJGE hatred :deadhorse:

The man ran for a 1000 yards just last year :rolleyes:

I think Ras-I Dowling, Shane Vereen, Brandon Spikes, and Jermaine Cunningham are all trade bait.

Ras-I and Shane are going to spend the next 3 seasons on IR, Brandon Spikes hates the Patriots and Jermaine Cunningham just sucks.

I think we can package them all together and get someones 1st round pick for the next 3 seasons. A conditional 7th if Ras-I plays a single game in each of the next 3 seasons. :rolleyes:

I think Ras-I Dowling, Shane Vereen, Brandon Spikes, and Jermaine Cunningham are all trade bait.

Ras-I and Shane are going to spend the next 3 seasons on IR, Brandon Spikes hates the Patriots and Jermaine Cunningham just sucks.

I think we can package them all together and get someones 1st round pick for the next 3 seasons. A conditional 7th if Ras-I plays a single game in each of the next 3 seasons. :rolleyes:

I don't think I agree with any word in this post. I'm not even saying that to be confrontational or even debate it, as it is your opinion, I just thought it was such a statistical anomaly (you'd think I'd agree with ONE word), that I had to point it out.

I don't think I agree with any word in this post.

Even the word "the"? :p

images

Even the word "the"? :p

images

I'm not even sure HOW to agree with the word "the"...

And if it was sarcasm, it was well played and I tip my cap. It went right over my head.

I'm not even sure HOW to agree with the word "the"...

And if it was sarcasm, it was well played and I tip my cap. It went right over my head.

Sorry, I thought the rolleyes would have been enough to show the sarcasm.

Sorry, I thought the rolleyes would have been enough to show the sarcasm.

In hindsight it should have been... I think I'm just too tired today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back