PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Trade Bait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frick

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
Do any of the members here know of a team with a surplus of talent in the secondary? Even some kids with potential.

We all know,we have alot of D-Linemen and some quality guys will get cut, a WR or two and maybe a TE and probably others that don't come to mind.

Do you think we could put an attractive package together to make it happen or do you think we'll just wait for the cuts? Thanks!

Do any of the members here know of a team with a surplus of talent in the secondary? Even some kids with potential.

We all know,we have alot of D-Linemen and some quality guys will get cut, a WR or two and maybe a TE and probably others that don't come to mind.

Do you think we could put an attractive package together to make it happen or do you think we'll just wait for the cuts? Thanks!

Hmmm - I like your thinking here.

Especially since teams aren't necessarilly talking draft picks. It could be about swapping players, avoiding a renegotiation of a reasonable contract - and picking and choosing not only who comes here - but where our cutable/tradeable players go

For example, I'd tend to think the Jets and other division rivals might be interested in some of the Patriot's cuts. Rather than let them fall into enemy hands, why not pick a non-division rival to trade them to?

Now who that would be? And whether its an "attractive package" for either side? We're talking backups at best probably so keep expectations down.

But there's precedent with this being done before trading, rather than cutting, Mike Vrabel

I like the idea.
put Tate in a package w/ a DL guy (if the other team needs both)

a lot of our top CUT players will be long gone before the Jets can claim.:)

TanenBUM isn't clever enough to do something like that.
- Thnx for Danny Woodhead you BUM GM:)

Butler or Wilhite.

Remember last season, there was a report about a failed trade between the Saints and the Pats-basically it was for Pierre Thomas for a undisclosed CB and an undisclosed draft pick. The trade didn't happen because BB wanted a mid range high draft pick. My guess -Butler.

These scenarios only happen in Madden for a reason. A guy with good trade value would be Hernandez. Butler does not have good trade value. Piling up your garbadge and shipping it off for a young safety isn't going to happen. If we pickup a good player in a P2P trade you better believe we'll be losing a good player ourselves.

Other things to consider:

1. Do our guys fit their scheme?
2. Is the player young? If the other team is giving up a promising young player they probably don't want a 30 year old in return.
3. Does the player we are trying to trade even have value? Probably not if he's suggested in this thread.

Last edited:
I like the idea.
put Tate in a package w/ a DL guy (if the other team needs both)

a lot of our top CUT players will be long gone before the Jets can claim.:)

TanenBUM isn't clever enough to do something like that.
- Thnx for Danny Woodhead you BUM GM:)

There a few potential cuts that will be immediate free agents, but most of the one that the Jets might target are waiver wire type of players. My biggest fear is that the Pats cut Brace and he gets healthy and turns into a monster for the Jets, but he is likely to end up on the regular season PUP and he would definitely be claimed before the Jets could get him.

Trade Myron Pryor to Arizona for a 2nd and Larry Fitzgerald

Suprise trade bait........ BJGE !

He will be a UFA after the season and he does not catch the ball
as well as our other backs.

Ridley runs with power like BJGE, and he has much better hands.

We play Detroit this week...... They would be a perfect destination
for Law Firm.....

It is easy to say trade a guy on the bubble.....

BJGE is my suprise trade bait.

If Vereen wasn't injured, i won't be surprised to see BJGE traded. If he comes back, then i think BjGE may actually be traded.

for Law Firm.....

Wake up and smell the coffee. BJGE will run for over 1000yds and 10 td's. Why the heck would you trade our new clock killer? If we were a 7-9 or 8-8 team, I might be able to see it. We're trying to win the damn Super Bowl. He's our best runner.

The Giants have 4 CBs on IR and Prince is done indefinitely, they are super thin there, and need a nickel CB.

They also seemed to lose Marvin Austin for the year, they could need DT depth.

Wake up and smell the coffee. BJGE will run for over 1000yds and 10 td's. Why the heck would you trade our new clock killer? If we were a 7-9 or 8-8 team, I might be able to see it. We're trying to win the damn Super Bowl. He's our best runner.

I have a feeling that although he had 13 touchdowns and 1008 yards
last year, his lack of talent in the passing game and the fact that he will
be a UFA (Unrestriced free agent) after the season, he may be trade bait.

Most of his touchdowns were short yardage scores.

If they were in love with BJGE, why did he only get 9 touches in the
playoff game?

I would never call BJGE a clock killer like Dillon or even Antowain Smith.....

Danny Woodhead touched the ball 20 times in that game.

If he is the future, why did they draft a running back in both the 2nd
and 3rd round this year?

They are not planning on re-signing BJGE... Because they feel that between Ridley, Woodhead and Verren, he is expendable.

Mike Anderson, Tatum Bell, Olindas Gary, and Reuben Droughns all got
1000+ yards with Denver...... they were all expendable.

Last edited:
Thanks CupofJoe 1962-Green-Ellis slipped my mind completely.If he was shipped out we'd still have 3 young RB'S with Morris and Faulk in reserve. Half thought Detroit might contact us about Green-Ellis.

I think the odds are that some of our D-LINE cuts would be young, but still wish I knew the other team rosters better. Wouldn't it be great if we could secure a wily veteran who's lost a step or even some UDFA's that show a lot of promise but can't break through?

CupofJoe 1962- If someone offered a draft pick for Green-Ellis, what neighborhood do you think it would be?

I think philly is shopping a corner.

Thanks CupofJoe 1962-Green-Ellis slipped my mind completely.If he was shipped out we'd still have 3 young RB'S with Morris and Faulk in reserve. Half thought Detroit might contact us about Green-Ellis.

I think the odds are that some of our D-LINE cuts would be young, but still wish I knew the other team rosters better. Wouldn't it be great if we could secure a wily veteran who's lost a step or even some UDFA's that show a lot of promise but can't break through?

CupofJoe 1962- If someone offered a draft pick for Green-Ellis, what neighborhood do you think it would be?

I don't think Belichick would take anything less than a 3rd for BJGE.
He got a 4th for Maroney, and BJGE has been a lot more productive
than Maroney.

I doubt, we would get a 2nd, or someone would have made him a RFA
offer (He was a 2nd round tender).

If he goes... My money would be on a 3rd round pick.....

You guys are idiots.

We trade BJGE. Ridley suffers at season ending injury in week 6. Who is carrying the ball? Woodhead? BJGE? Oh wait, we traded him. Sammy Morris is now our lead RB until he goes on IR two weeks later.

Green-Ellis isn't going to be traded.

for Law Firm.....

BJGE is kind of like Mayo, lots of subtle vitriol.. he does not catch the ball as well as Faulk, but who else does??? OTOH he has never fumbled and seldom loses yardage.. what is not to like about BJGE?? also predict that if he has a good year here again he will be brought back into the fold for years to come.

BJGE is kind of like Mayo, lots of subtle vitriol.. he does not catch the ball as well as Faulk, but who else does???.

Vereen has hands of a WR. They are equal or better than Faulks.
Woodhead, Ridley and even Sammy Morris hands are much better than BJGE.

OTOH he has never fumbled and seldom loses yardage.. what is not to like about BJGE?? also predict that if he has a good year here again he will be brought back into the fold for years to come.

They may resign him... but with Woodhead, Ridley and Vereen, they
are not going to overpay.

At this point... BJGE should test the market after this season.
He probably only going to get 1 chance at a good pay day.

If he gets a good offer from another team.... He is history.

I am only saying, he may be possible trade bait, because I feel he will
be gone after this year anyways.

Last edited:
You guys are idiots.

We trade BJGE. Ridley suffers at season ending injury in week 6. Who is carrying the ball? Woodhead? BJGE? Oh wait, we traded him. Sammy Morris is now our lead RB until he goes on IR two weeks later.

Green-Ellis isn't going to be traded.

Woodhead touched the ball more than double the amount of BJGE in
our most important game last year.

I expect Vereen back and if you have ever seen this kid play in college, you
will forget about BJGE real quick.

If they are so convince BJGE is the answer.... why did they draft 2 running
backs early and why did they have Clinton Portis in camp for a work out last week?

Let me gues... sbpatfan must have been one of those Pats fans who would never
admit that Maroney was a bust.

I am not saying that BJGE is a bust... He is not.... He is a solid (not great) back.
I am just picking him as possible trade bait because of his contract status.

Hey sbpatfan.... Let me ask you..... What do you think of Ron Brace?

Last edited:
If they are so convince BJGE is the answer.... why did they draft 2 running backs early

Because (A) they couldn't count on having just two RBs and having both stay healthy for an entire season, and (B) they only had one experienced RB under contract at the end of last season (Woodhead), and they decided they didn't want to depend on RBs who were running on fumes?

and why did they have Clinton Portis in camp for a work out last week?

Updating their Rolodex.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill