PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Toughness seems to be the focus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsRI

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
It would seem all signs lead to a return to the "smashmouth" philosophy this year. BB in every press conference seems to mention "toughness" at least once. On the field there seems to be a lot more hard hits than last year's TC. BB even stated that they were getting away from the "classroom" stuff and doing more "physical" work. I think that losing Harrison last year may have taken a little of the slobberknocker attitude from them that BB wants to get back. Does this mean a more run offense with the TE's more in focus? I think so and maybe that's why they haven't seemed to worry about WR. In '01 they had Brown and Patten as thier duo and did alright. Wiggins and the RB's got alot of catches that were crucial. While I don't think they'll go with the dink and dunk I think the methodical marching up the field attitude may be back. All of us FF Footbal players who have Brady may be disappointed but I think we won't have league leading yardage again this year. His TD/INT ratio may be good but I'm willing to bet that Dillon and Maroney have alot of the TDs this year. I'm always an optimist so take it for what it's worth but I think this philosophy will pay off on both offense and defense.

Last edited:
5 Rings for Brady!! said:
slobberknocker.

I figured a few would laugh at that one.

I noticed this 'toughness' theme when Brady was first interviewed in camp and talked about Belichick getting back to the crabby, unhappy guy we all know and love.

Bring it on, Doom!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back