Tough Night As Patriots' Chung Suffers Injury

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Tough Night As Patriots' Chung Suffers Injury
By: Ian Logue

Throughout most of training camp the Patriots had avoided getting banged up heading into the regular season, but unfortunately now their first two exhibition games have cost them....

I hope that's the case, Huntr. Along with Vollmer, Chung is becoming just one of those guys it's getting harder and harder to rely on when it comes to staying on the field.

I'm going to be honest. The way that Chung reacted and the way that Sterling Moore immediately guided Chung towards the trainers screamed "CONCUSSION" to me and not shoulder injury.

Hope that it is just a shoulder injury and that Chung will be ready for the start of the season.

I'm going to be honest. The way that Chung reacted and the way that Sterling Moore immediately guided Chung towards the trainers screamed "CONCUSSION" to me and not shoulder injury.

Hope that it is just a shoulder injury and that Chung will be ready for the start of the season.

My concern is that Chung appears injury prone. He plays with hard hitting vigor and that is what Rodney, Lynch, Lott and Polamalu do. But it appears that Chung is not physically structured in body type to stand up to the challenge. I like his style but he is not reliable and that has been proven.
DW Toys

It looked precautionary to me. Seemed like Chung wanted to stay in but then {I think} Sterling Moore urged him to the sidelines.

Have to agree. I was there and had a great view of Chung's reaction (actually better than the collision itself). He wasn't out of his feet, but he did seem disoriented. Medical staff appeared to be doing standard concussion tests on the sideline, but I saw no interest in his shoulder.

Chung looked dazed. His helmet was half off.

I'm really surprised he wasn't concussed.

He looked groggy and wobbly on his feet. Also did not seem to know where the bench was. Looked like a head injury to me as well.

That was definitely a concussion. he started kind of wandering toward the huddle before Moore correctly directed him to the sidelines. Not sure where the writer got 'shoulder' from.

Of course it was totally missed by that crack announcing staff although I'm sure Gruden would have thought that it was a damn good concussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes