PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tough Loss

Status
Not open for further replies.
We won almost all games in 03 and 04, but the ones we lost were similar to the ones we lost this year.
Our 2 losses in 2003 looked very, very similar to our 2 so far this year.
Actually...no.none of those losses was a 31-0 loss...and these two have been close...The Redskins loss might be similar to the Jet loss...but...the Buffalo game..no... And from 04?? The Pittsburgh game..no as thatw as a Steeler team taking control early...OR the Miami game where they led and it fell apart...Just not similar..
I agree totally with what you have said about this game and season in general..but the only loss that was similar was the Skins in 03...They had chances and it was a Brady pass past Graham that sealed the loss...although there was no one play that sticks out as that one did..in teh Jets game MORE plays do...but..that was the closest comparison.
The Miami game of -04 they had the lead and it was a quick falling...unlike this past game where they had a bit of control and it took a half and more for teh Broncs to take control and go ahead

Last edited:
I don't think this is a epic loss but its pretty bad at the moment.

It's like wiping out your bike. The wound hurts a lot right now, but in a few months the scar is gonna look pretty frikkin' sweet.

Well Andy to put it simply the reasons for the panic are as follows,

Tom Brady has not been at his best since he came back, and all the regular punters have short memories and they remember the remarkable man of 2007 and they expect that every week now from him. There has only been one Brady to Moss td so far. On top of that Maroney who was also out for most of last year has not been getting the yardage he did in 07. Then there is the fact that our great OC for the last couple of years has left and then all the changes of personnel over the summer and its full scale panic.

The reason that last night made it all come out is that we lead that game by 10 points at halftime and had the ball at the start of the second half and tbh the game looked like it could be done and dusted right there but alas it didn't happen and we all feel gutted after they lost in overtime. On top of that it was Josh who beat our team.

It's like wiping out your bike. The wound hurts a lot right now, but in a few months the scar is gonna look pretty frikkin' sweet.

LOL, this is great. Thanks for the smile :)

Well Andy to put it simply the reasons for the panic are as follows,

Tom Brady has not been at his best since he came back, and all the regular punters have short memories and they remember the remarkable man of 2007 and they expect that every week now from him. There has only been one Brady to Moss td so far. On top of that Maroney who was also out for most of last year has not been getting the yardage he did in 07. Then there is the fact that our great OC for the last couple of years has left and then all the changes of personnel over the summer and its full scale panic.

The reason that last night made it all come out is that we lead that game by 10 points at halftime and had the ball at the start of the second half and tbh the game looked like it could be done and dusted right there but alas it didn't happen and we all feel gutted after they lost in overtime. On top of that it was Josh who beat our team.

You described how we lost IN OT to a 5-0 team on the road in one of the toughest stadiums in the NFL for a road team.
You didnt describe why that means I should panic.

People have to remember this: It isn't how you play in the beginning of the season that matters. It's how you play in the end.

We have the talent to go deep into the playoffs and come out on the other side with a nice, shiney Lombardi. The only thing that remains to be seen are two things: 1. Can Brady get back to being his old self? 2. Can this coaching staff make the necessary adjustments on offense and defense to mask some fatal flaws?

You described how we lost IN OT to a 5-0 team on the road in one of the toughest stadiums in the NFL for a road team.
You didnt describe why that means I should panic.

I don't think you should panic. I'm saying the regular punter panics, not a guy like you or the other all year round guys on here.

I had to listen to it yesterday, it was awful.

Comments like Brady doesn't have it anymore and Maroney is a bust, how could we lose to Denver. We should've drafted this guy, that guy.

Honestly I though my head would explode at one stage.

No more, no less. We went on the road against an undefeated team allowing 6.5 points a game, in a stadium with a big home field advantage, where we have struggled consistently, and we lost in OT, after having opportunities to put it away.
As losses go, and every team but the 1972 Dolphins have had some, I can't understand how this one is as damning as this board makes it out to be.
I think we are so totally spoiled that many fans expect a win every game no matter what, and losing under the most difficult circumstances, by the narrowest of margins is now considered a disaster. I don't get that.

Thank you for a refreshing dose of level-headedness that the board will desperately need this week. I may just not come on this site for a week otherwise, its going to be a long wait till Sunday.

We won those games back in 03 and 04. And made the plays we needed to make to win those games at the crucial moments.

THAT is the key. Your last sentence describes the best asset of our Championship teams. The overriding causes of having that asset were Bill Belichick and Tom Brady.
We didn't make those plays every game, all season long. Many times, for instance, we needed to score, failed, then the D got it back and we cashed in the second time, or we needed a stop, failed and the O socred again and we got the stop the second time.
Yesterday doesnt prove we don't have that characteristic in this team, because even the Champions had exceptions. Even if it did prove that, I am only concerned that we develop it by January and February.
We still have Brady and we still have Belichick.
Even if I concluded (which I do not) that both of them have sucked at their jobs so far, I would also conclude that both will be the best in the NFL at their job by late November or early December and on.
THAT is why I will always be optimistic about this team until one or both of them are no longer here. I don't understand how anyone could not be optimistic given that.

I don't think you should panic. I'm saying the regular punter panics, not a guy like you or the other all year round guys on here.

I had to listen to it yesterday, it was awful.

Comments like Brady doesn't have it anymore and Maroney is a bust, how could we lose to Denver. We should've drafted this guy, that guy.

Honestly I though my head would explode at one stage.

I think I saw a mob mentality gathering around the concept that its all Giselle's fault at one point yesterday.

correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Denver one of the few teams who Brady always has trouble with? he spends a year off and loses to a team with a new defense coached by a guy who knows all his techniques and suddenly the sky is falling. for all the talk about brady stinking it up in the second half, if gost makes that 40 yarder earlier in the game we're talking about how we're 4-1

I think I saw a mob mentality gathering around the concept that its all Giselle's fault at one point yesterday.

Yup...the Q we should ask the mob, then, is: does Giselle get credit for the 16-0 regular season and 50TD record in 07 then??

Last edited:
Yup...the Q we should ask the mob, then, is: does Giselle get credit for the 16-0 regular season and 50TD record in 07 then??

I'd love to do nothing more than to give her a lot of credit. All the credit I've got and then some. But if there's one thing I've said before and I'll say again, it is this...

Adriana Lima is hotter.

People have to remember this: It isn't how you play in the beginning of the season that matters. It's how you play in the end.

We have the talent to go deep into the playoffs and come out on the other side with a nice, shiney Lombardi. The only thing that remains to be seen are two things: 1. Can Brady get back to being his old self? 2. Can this coaching staff make the necessary adjustments on offense and defense to mask some fatal flaws?

My attitude is if I told you we had 2 issues between us and the SB and they were Tom Bradys play and Bill Belichicks coaching, would you take that?

My attitude is if I told you we had 2 issues between us and the SB and they were Tom Bradys play and Bill Belichicks coaching, would you take that?

Yes, I would. Easily, as a matter of fact because I think both can and will be corrected. We're entering a softer spot on our schedule. The time for any overhaul that we will see in those two areas is now.

Adriana Lima is hotter.

Hey, well, I'm not one for the model types anyway so I'll refrain from this debate. Too tall & too skinny for me. I will say Giselle is a very good model and good at her job. Watching all 38 million seasons of Next Top Model w/ my girlfriend has made me realize that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back