PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tough, intimidating Buffalo Bills players cry to the press about OBJ beating them up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ice_Ice_Brady

I heard 10,000 whispering and nobody listening
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
The worst part, though, is that Beckham does all this in front of the referee, the Bills players said.

“He’s the ‘golden boy’ of the league,” Brown continued. “He’s on the cover of ‘Madden.’ Sometimes, you get away with stuff like that.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-beckham-jr-of-throwing-punches-on-the-field/

The Buffalo Bills have been trying to "push the envelope" this season with personal fouls, late hits, etc. This was just reported recently, as Rex Ryan wishes to turn his team into an intimidating bully who strikes fear into opponents because they are willing to play past the whistle and presumably cause more injuries or pain with their reckless attitude.

So hilarious that after thumping his chest all week and losing his first game to the Patriots before crying to the press that the Patriots were trying to embarrass them, Rex is again setting the lead in how his players act like he did in New Jersey. His nasty, never-back-down, intimidating players are crying to the press about a few cheap shots by OBJ. Wow, what a bunch of nasty, mean bullies they are in Buffalo. Talking a huge game and establishing they are willing to hit after the whistle and win by all means necessary and then crying to mommy when they get punched in the mouth by their older brother after picking the fight.

I have a feeling Rex's tenure in Buffalo will be a short one. At some point it will become clear he is holding back a talented roster and is the problem and not the solution.

Rex is a bully. His tactics are played out and its a matter of time until Bill's players/fans are done buyin his BS. Then Rex will go to Dolphins so he can wreck every team in AFCE NOT named Patriots. I'm lookin forward to Gillette meeting.

He lost his second game to the Pats. He won his first game against the Colts.

He lost his second game to the Pats. He won his first game against the Colts.
You are correct, he did lose the 2nd game of the season to the Pats, but the OP could have meant one of 2 things
  1. His first loss of the season was to the Patriots
  2. He lost the first of 2 games against the Patriots this season.
:D

Rex is a bully. His tactics are played out and its a matter of time until Bill's players/fans are done buyin his BS. Then Rex will go to Dolphins so he can wreck every team in AFCE NOT named Patriots. I'm lookin forward to Gillette meeting.

Not sure if Rex going to the Dolphins could do anymore damage.

I have a feeling Rex's tenure in Buffalo will be a short one. At some point it will become clear he is holding back a talented roster and is the problem and not the solution.
I was thinking the same thing about his tenure in Buffalo. The Jets are 3-1 with Bowles-I wonder where they would be with Rex. He has so much talent to work with in Buffalo, but the undisciplined play and penalties are holding back the team.

Wrecks Ryan and the Toronto Jills of Ontario: passive-aggressive bullying shmucks.

Rex and his team are really good at the "war of words", but not very good when these guys try to use their talent on the field..

He prefers this type of team as it symbolized their willingness to fight... not play football.

When the Rex led Jets' players talked to the media, it was always a (many times false) sense of bravado. I will give them credit that even though they were loudmouth idiots, they weren't excuse makers. This Bills' team are a bunch of baby whiny excuse makers. They cry about the refs and other players.

I don't see the Rex Ryan experiment working in Buffalo. Rex had enough former Ravens early in his tenure to help let Rex have his loose disciplinarian style work without the wheels coming off.

I think this Bills team desperately needs discipline. Rex is not the guy to give it. They have taken the freedom that Rex has given them as excuse to act like undisciplined idiots.

Rex was lucky to find the perfect storm with the Jets and that only really lasted for a few years.

Bully's punch you in the face, take your lunch money and taunt you while doing it....until you punch them in the face and take your lunch money back...then they cry.

That is the cycle of life my friends.

The Bills will be 4-5 when they face us next and we will for all intents and purposes end their season.

@Ten - L
vs Cin - L
@ Jax - W
vs Mia - W
@ NYJ - L
@ NE - L (4-6)
@ KC - L
vs Hou - W
@ Phi - L
@ Was - W
vs Dal - L
vs NYJ - W

Bills go 7-9 IMO. And once again wish they had ate more Flutie flakes.

The best part of that column:

They were doing everything in the book they could to try to get a free 15,” Brown said. “They would say anything they thought would rile us up. Words usually don’t do anything, but when they start swinging at you — they did that a lot. They were throwing a lot of cheap shots.”

And you guys were doing everything you could to give it to them. :cool:

I mean, if OBJ actually acts like that, then that's something. But I've heard similar allegations against Brady, and Manning (more re: begging for calls than throwing punches on the low), and everyone else who's remotely good, as well as allegations that directly contradict such things.

Not sure if this was made sufficiently clear: they're whining *****es... and they lost the game.

Lot of talk from Buffalo about being disrespected by OBJ, and by Edelman too, but very little about where they went wrong, how they need to improve and how they are going to focus on the next opponent.

Seems like a shallow ploy to shift the media chatter from losing to something entirely out of their control?

We all remember that kid on the playground in elementary school who was like this. Put up a big tough act, he was bigger than everyone, and everyone was afraid of them at first. But the first punch you threw on that kid he would go screaming crying for his mom.

That's the Bills in a nutshell :D

Bully's punch you in the face, take your lunch money and taunt you while doing it....until you punch them in the face and take your lunch money back...then they cry.

That is the cycle of life my friends.

This is what I was thinking when Rex first said he wanted to build a bully. Bullies get punched in the face in this generation. Didn't you get the memo, Rex?

Not sure if Rex going to the Dolphins could do anymore damage.

Bills and dolphins in talk of a trade for Rex. Price is a real dolphin heading to buffalo aquarium. The snag is that bills are demanding a pink flamingo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back