PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Toucher and Rich: Sources said the League approved under-inflated balls BEFORE GAME

I'm pretty sure I heard Bill Belichick...and correct me if I am wrong...say when they turned the balls in they requested they be pumped to 12.5 PSI in his presser??

I did a double take but then I never heard the media make a big deal out of that...which I would assume they would...so thought I had misheard something.

Did anyone else hear that?

If they did send them in and asked for that to happen, and the refs didn't do it, then they have majorly ****ed this up.

See post #28

Oh no doubt, I do want to add that I think they're the best am option by a mile and they keep it light with some good entertaining bits. I just really feel like Toucher is an anchor for them. I know Rich has said in the past that no one knows just how much Fred does for the show, etc, I'm sure he's a creative guy and he clearly has a mind like a sponge which I'm sure helps immensely. I just think he's a complete jackass and a legitimately mean person.

He should be fired for this.

End of story.

The rest of the world heard BB clearly on Saturday. That idiot is trying to rewrite that.

I'm pretty sure I heard Bill Belichick...and correct me if I am wrong...say when they turned the balls in they requested they be pumped to 12.5 PSI in his presser??

I did a double take but then I never heard the media make a big deal out of that...which I would assume they would...so thought I had misheard something.

Did anyone else hear that?

If they did send them in and asked for that to happen, and the refs didn't do it, then they have majorly ****ed this up.

The haters would like to cling to the story of what happened to the balls AFTER the refs released them back to the team, 10 minutes before the game. This whole ongoing investigation (from the mediots standpoint) is what happened to the balls within that 10 minute time frame.

Why screw the Pats?

The Pats didn't call for an investigation.

Here's the guy who did:

Putting the spotlight on the refs with regards to
just heard that. says it obvious with their well timed and frequent leaks....says we're in a no win situation. If we loose its "see, can't win without cheating" If we win, it's "couldn't get there without cheating" If we don't get punished, it will be " Goodell's got Kraft's back"
I just have an awful feeling that all of our energy is just being wasted here...that know matter what the Pats are going to be punished. The NFL has invested too much effort for them to admit they were wrong. What a shame.
I bet the NFL tries to save face and say that the PATS shouldn't have submitted under inflated balls pre-game and rely on the refs to inflate them to 12.5. They'll say that the PATS were required to submit them in the appropriate range and will therefore be fined $25,ooo. It's crap, but I guessing this is how it plays out.

B8WzbA0CUAISIFM.jpg

https://twitter.com/slashgamer/status/560051011864506368/photo/1

See post #28

Then I am astounded this isn't be focused on more. Then again, it's not that surprising; so many mediots came out after that presser saying 'well that doesn't explain why the Colts balls were different'...when he had clearly stated that balls would vary depending on the different QB's preparation methods.

How did some of these guys get a legit degree =in journalism when their attention to detail is so shockingly poor?

I bet the NFL tries to save face and say that the PATS shouldn't have submitted under inflated balls pre-game and rely on the refs to inflate them to 12.5. They'll say that the PATS were required to submit them in the appropriate range and will therefore be fined $25,ooo. It's crap, but I guessing this is how it plays out.

Fine.

Then simultaneously fine Aaron Rodgers $25,000.

I am sure they will spin it that way, but I just posted an image of the rules and it doesn't matter. It is 100% on the refs' to make sure the balls are properly inflated before the game. The Pats could deliver the ball completely deflated and it wouldn't matter. It is still on the refs.

This concerns me that if true the refs/league are going to be pissed they got exposed and will look to screw us in the Super Bowl. I think he's an idiot, but Kornheiser was just on Dennis and Callahan saying the league doesn't want the PATS to win.

It shouldn't concern you at all.

As was pointed out earlier - shmessy beat me to it! - the only way they could KNOW that the Pats turned in under-inflated footballs is if they measured the balls BEFORE the game.

If they did that and the balls they played with were below 12.5...think about it.

Then I am astounded this isn't be focused on more. Then again, it's not that surprising; so many mediots came out after that presser saying 'well that doesn't explain why the Colts balls were different'...when he had clearly stated that balls would vary depending on the different QB's preparation methods.

How did some of these guys get a legit degree =in journalism when their attention to detail is so shockingly poor?

This Toucher guy works in Boston, no?

It's not like anyone who lives there cannot inform him of this.

the media is fueled by hate to NE rather than on logic and facts. Didn't they ever learn that you never make a decision in life based on your emotions? Do what your brain tells you to do, not your heart.

"Sources" say "Sources" say "Sources" say "Sources" say "Sources" say "Sources" say "Sources" say "Sources" say "Sources" say "Sources" say "Sources" say "Sources" say "Sources" say "Sources" say "Sources" say "Sources" say "Sources" say "Sources" say ...

Geez.

What a bunch of cowards.

Toucher just admitted he's a jets fan to boomer esiason during his interview.

Of course these did...... Everyone with half a brain figured this out last Tuesday or Wednesday. Of course, it will take the league 5 more weeks to figure it out. :rolleyes:

Didn't the NFL just say in a statement that the balls were inspected and approved and were within limits at pre-game?

The plot thickens.

Didn't the NFL just say in a statement that the balls were inspected and approved and were within limits at pre-game?

The plot thickens.

They said inspected pre-game but didn't say how, they did however say how they were tested at half time.

Toucher is still clinging to the "they checked it at half time and they weren't filled correctly" as reason the Pats were guilty. So even though they missed it prior to the game, the fact they caught it at half time it is still on the Pats? Huh?!?

And now he is arguing the sources that he said were ok shouldn't be trusted because they have an agenda. Rich ran these sources by Toucher before he gave the information on the air and Toucher said the sources are good and now he is questioning their motives?

Toucher's Jets' fan side wants the Pats to get punished.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back