Welcome to PatsFans.com

TOTALLY OT for the Political posters: Season predictions

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by gomezcat, Aug 26, 2006.

1. gomezcat

gomezcat It's SIR Moderator to you Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Just so that we get our priorities straight, and remember why most of us visit this board, how do you political forumistas think we will do this year? I'm going for 13-3. I see the banana skins as Chicago, Cincinatti (sp) and Miami away.
    Harry, you can join in if you want. I can assure you that are are no less likely than the rest of us to be correct (hint: there are only 16 games in the regular season, so any number between 0 and 16 is good). :D
    GO PATS and F*CK DEION BRANCH!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 13, 2005
  2. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +346 / 12 / -11

Good post.

I think we'll get into the playoffs, but I am concerned about our secondary, both its lack of depth and lack of a top notch corner. In addition, our safety situation is still not great. Even if Harrison returns, it's hard to believe he'll be as good as he was. Without Deion, I think Brady will be weaker, Dillon is good but no longer great, and Maroney looks promising, but he's still a rookie. We also have to worry a little about Gostkowski. Though he is good, it's unlikely that he's already a Viniateri, and remember a lot of our crucial games were won by a FG or less.

I think we'll win our division, but will have trouble going much further. I think we'll have at 11-5 record, with losses to the Broncos, Colts, Dolphins (away), Jaguars, and one fluke loss.

3. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +515 / 14 / -28

Wins and losses are hard to predict for me, but all I have felt strongly that this team will win 11 or 12 games and make it deep into the playoffs. With a few strategic moves; resolving Deion Branch sitz and possibly getting Donny Edwards, we could go all the way. We could go all the way without them, but I like the path of least resistance.

4. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +303 / 9 / -12

Depends to an extent on the Branch situation. Presume the Deion situation works out, 17-2 with a SB win. LB and WR are the only areas on the team that are a concern.

5. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

They need Branch to compete for the title this year. 10-6 or 11-5.

6. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +303 / 9 / -12

Gezz NEM I may have a heart attack you are absolutly correct!:eek:

7. Blue Collar

Blue Collar 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

That may happen, I believe the offense is strong and with the added maroney to the backfield with dillon and faulk, they have good recievers if needed on screens and out in the flats..

Watson is a huge and fast target that if healthy could be a great recieving weapon..

I am somewhat worried about the secondary and linebacker positions..

12 and 4 in the playoffs we defeat the ravens and broncos and go to the superbowl and have a close battle with the panthers? but come away with the win.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2006
  8. gomezcat

gomezcat It's SIR Moderator to you Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

The question marks, for me, are the same as everyone else's. Will they get over the loss of Branch? I think they will. Watson may have the breakout year we are all hoping for and that would really compensate. I think that the starting secondary is pretty good. I like Hobbs and his physical play. The running game will improve by default. Also, for the first time since the 2004 season, we have Seymour, Harrison and Bruschi back. I agree with NEM that the Panthers will be there at the end. They are a damn good team, very well coached and owned, who have built the team the "proper way", unlike some teams in DC that I could mention. :D

9. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +654 / 7 / -2

Well, I was at the Game Saturday night. My first time at Gillette, incredible stadium I must say, EXPENSIVE as heck though. $6 for a water, $7.50 for a Coors Light, and $8 for a cheese steak. Oh, not to mention the seats were $89 apiece. Thankfully my bud got them for nothing, and I only spent $10 for my share of the parking ($40 to park). Being there, I was reminded of how much I like watching the game at home. Also, I can't understand how a working man could go to the game, bring his kids, and buy concessions accordingly. Has to be a $500 night. F-that!

Predictions & observations from Sat night:

Watching it live, Brady is unreal. Saw him step up in the pocket to avoid a blind side rusher, never taking his eyes off the downfield recievers, then firing a strike to Ben Watson for 20 yards. If he isn't the best in the league I don't know who is. Also, Ben Watson is awesome.

I think the PAts are solid all over, except for WR. Caldwell is AWEFUL! They need Branch or teams will squeeze the Box and take away the short stuff. They need a deep threat. No Branch, 10-6 or 11-5. With Branch, 12-4 or 13-3.

Of injuries being considered.

10. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +654 / 7 / -2

Section 140, Row 35. It was in one of the corners where the end zone wraps around into the sideline. Nice seats as they were in the lower bowl, and not high up in the nose bleeds.