Welcome to PatsFans.com

Torture

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Harry Boy, Nov 2, 2007.

1. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +672 / 2 / -9

I watched Pant Suit Hillary this morning with her eyes all bugged out and she was spitting and screaming about her f-cking health care sh!t and then I thought about Muslims.

My Thoughts:
    Put a Naked Muslim Terrorist in a broom closet with a speaker up in each corner then get a recording of Fat Ass Hillary giving a speech on Health Care, turn up the volume, play it over and over and lock the door, within an hour the Muslim will go insane and try to behead himself he will also tell you where all the WMD's are hidden.
    :bricks:

2. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +672 / 2 / -9

Great Post Harry, that's better than waterboarding, Uncle Teddy can show them a thing or two about "waterboarding"

3. FreeTedWilliams

FreeTedWilliams pfadmins PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +289 / 38 / -4

#75 Jersey

A judge once ordered a guy to watch every film that Whoppi Goldberg ever made as punishment, I believe he got it overturned under as "cruel and unusual".

4. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +672 / 2 / -9

He's probably still afraid to go out at night.

5. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

HB, you gotta be up to FIVE roses by now.

:eek:

//

6. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

here's a relevant question amid a love fest:

is waterboarding torture?

let's see if any of our Con men are braver than their hero in office, or his mouthpiece choice for Attorney General, and actually answer the question:

Last edited: Nov 2, 2007
  7. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

As long as it doesn't kill anybody or do permanent damage, and the waterboardee spills the beans on what he/she knows -- thus saving lives -- I see no harm in it. Who would??

//

8. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

you weren't asked if you 'see any harm in it'... you were asked if it meets the definition of torture... however, i'll assume you don't believe it's torture... anyone else?

9. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Then why don't you give us your definition of "torture". The word means different things to different people. Going to work is "torture" for some people, but for others it's liberation and joy. Wide range of opinion on the subject.

//

10. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

very well... i'll merely turn to the law for definition... unlike you...
    http://hrw.org/english/docs/2004/05/24/usint8614.htm

U.S. Law

The United States has incorporated international prohibitions against torture and mistreatment of persons in custody into its domestic law. The United States has reported to the Committee Against Torture that: “Every act of torture within the meaning of the Convention is illegal under existing federal and state law, and any individual who commits such an act is subject to penal sanctions as specified in criminal statutes. Such prosecutions do in fact occur in appropriate circumstances. Torture cannot be justified by exceptional circumstances, nor can it be excused on the basis of an order from a superior officer. “

Military personnel who mistreat prisoners can be prosecuted by a court-martial under various provisions of the Uniform Code of Military Justice (UCMJ, arts. 77-134).

The War Crimes Act of 1996 (18 U.S.C. § 2441) makes it a criminal offense for U.S. military personnel and U.S. nationals to commit war crimes as specified in the 1949 Geneva Conventions. War crimes under the act include grave breaches of the Geneva Conventions. It also includes violations of common Article 3 to the Geneva Conventions, which prohibits “violence to life and person, in particular murder of all kinds, mutilation, cruel treatment and torture; …outrages upon personal dignity, in particular humiliating and degrading treatment.

A federal anti-torture statute (18 U.S.C. § 2340A), enacted in 1994, provides for the prosecution of a U.S. national or anyone present in the United States who, while outside the U.S., commits or attempts to commit torture. Torture is defined as an “act committed by a person acting under the color of law specifically intended to inflict severe physical or mental pain or suffering (other than pain or suffering incidental to lawful sanctions) upon another person within his custody or physical control.” A person found guilty under the act can be incarcerated for up to 20 years or receive the death penalty if the torture results in the victim’s death.

Military contractors working for the Department of Defense might also be prosecuted under the Military Extraterritorial Jurisdiction Act of 2000 (Public Law 106-778), known as MEJA. MEJA permits the prosecution in federal court of U.S. civilians who, while employed by or accompanying U.S. forces abroad, commit certain crimes. Generally, the crimes covered are any federal criminal offense punishable by imprisonment for more than one year. The MEJA remains untested because the Defense Department has yet to issue necessary implementing regulations required by the law. ​

11. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

You've obviously never been on a battle-field, PC. If you can save even one life by beating the crap out of somebody who knows something that could save that life, you do it. Or you live with the fact that you contributed to somebody's death. And your definition skipped entirely the part about "mitigating circumstances", in your quest to appear holier-than-Bush. Trouble is, you ain't foolin' anybody.

//

12. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

oh? and have you been on the battlefield then?

too funny... and too typical... you, like all Con men, cant argue with the literal definition of the law, so you punt and deflect to an imagined scenario of what "might work," .... holier than bush? no... just more ethical...

but you're right about one thing... i'm not fooling anybody... mainly because i'm not trying to fool anyone about anything... YOU are...

13. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Tell you what, Mr. Know-it-all, you go and interview fifty guys who served in actual combat. Any war, any time, any where. And I don't mean the tossers who stayed back and banged on a type-writer; I mean guys who saw combat in the field. Then you report here what THEY say about "water-boarding".

Most of them will laugh in your face, if they don't slam the door on it.

You act like you have a handle on how things work in this world, but you don't know jack sh!t. You prove it every time you say something on these pages.

//

14. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +539 / 6 / -2

Hmmm....not knowing exactly what it is, I'll say that if it isn't "torture", then it's as close to crossing the line as is permittable. I've seen what different people say wterboarding is, but because it's one of those unwritten, niether confirm nor deny type deals, I don't know exactly. I do know that it was waterboarding that got Kalid Sheik Mohamed to wet himself. So whatever it is it must work. I'm not a supporter of torture, nor am I a supporter of permanent detentions at Gitmo, but, I'm not someone who thinks we should ask nicely and expect an honest exchange of information. I'm more a supporter of coercive measures of interogation, but not torture. PLaying loud music, or doding stupid stuff like showing Oprah & LArry King (for the full hour!), would be kinda what I'm talking about I guess.

15. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

how "Christ-like".... in other words, you ran your mouth about how much you supposedly "KNOW", forgetting that you've never been in combat either
    ... all while being certain of the reasons why torture is acceptable, and the Geneva Conventions negotiable... Seig Heil!!

16. Real World

Ratings:
    +539 / 6 / -2

Yeah but do terrorists fall under the provisions of the Geneva Convention PC? Isn't that a huge sticking point?

17. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

yes... but, what's a terrorist? isn't that also another huge, convenient smoke screen the Con men hide behind?

18. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Not at all. You asked this board if waterboarding is torture, but you don't really care if it is or not. You were trolling for reasons to attack people, as you have now done to me, accusing me of being Hitler.

Some day, some where, you're going to slip up and say that to somebody's face and he is going to knock the living sh!t out of you. And when they do, I will say: you've earned every bit of it, and more.

You are a cowardly troll. Nothing more.

//

19. Real World

Ratings:
    +539 / 6 / -2

Now look, I'm probably alot closer to your side, than the lock up anybody at Gitmo infinitly, and throw away the key side. I'm not entirely sure, in my mind, what/how contitutes, or determines somebody is a terrorist. I will say say Kalid Sheik Mohamed was a terrorist. I reluctantly support waterboarding KSM. I'd do it to any of the known players like OBL, and Zwahiri per say. I don't think it's something that should be openly available, but there are some techniques that I think should be allowed under the most specific of circumstances, and only through the ok of the CIC. It's a complicated issue, but we have to remember that we gain nothing by torturing people. If waterboarding is truly torture, then I'd be opposed to it's use.

20. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +157 / 4 / -0

#91 Jersey

Saw John McCain say after being tortured himself that he was against torture and water boarding. This haveing to do with the nomination of the new AG who won't answer if he's for or against waterboarding.
    But hes probably one of those phony soldiers,right.