Welcome to PatsFans.com

"Torture is terrorism", ex-Guantanamo man tells US

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by weswelker#83, May 5, 2008.

1. weswelker#83

weswelker#83 Rookie

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

http://www.reuters.com/article/latestCrisis/idUSL02898954

Journalist released from Guantánamo details beatings, extreme temperature exposures, sexual assault, and denial of medical care for his cancer, kidney infections, and injuries.

Journalist released from Guantánamo details abuse
    http://wsws.org/articles/2008/may2008/guan-m05.shtml
  2. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +659 / 2 / -9

Al Jazeera------:singing::singing:

At least they didn't Behead Him.
  3. weswelker#83

weswelker#83 Rookie

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

Most of Aljazeera staff is British , i am sure you already know that . :rolleyes:

Cameramen , sound enginers , editing , journalists , Lighting , etc etc etc....
    Last edited: May 5, 2008
  4. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +172 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

They also interviewed most of the detainees held by their counterpart "freedom fighters" to see how there treatment had been under their rules but didn't get any responses........It seem they couldn't talk without their heads. Why doesn't Al Jazeera ever have a story about that?

And anyway Wes, how about some honest perspective with your "breaking news"?:

Haj said he and the other Guantanamo detainees had been subjected to all kinds of torture, but the worst had been when his jailers insulted Islam or desecrated the Koran in front of prisoners.
    How about the fact that his ailments were the result of his own self induced hunger strike, and that he had to be force fed to be kept alive? We saved his life. Not exactly the tone you wanted to portray, huh Wes?
  5. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Al jazeera. WW83.

What else needs be said?
  6. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +659 / 2 / -9

Could care less who their staff is but there is one thing the whole world knows and Aljazeera doesn't hide it "THEY HATE AMERICA".

:bricks:
  7. atomdomb

atomdomb Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

my favorite parts of the article....

Al-Hajj spent the last 16 months of his imprisonment as a hunger striker. Twice a day, soldiers strapped him into a restraint chair and shoved a feeding tube through his nose to his stomach. Human rights lawyers for al-Hajj—a survivor of throat cancer—have said that the force-feedings scraped his throat raw. Over the course of 480 days, the journalist lost 40 pounds.

maybe you should eat some food, nutjob.

Al-Hajj was detained by Pakistani forces on December 15, 2001, at a border crossing while heading, along with another Al Jazeera reporter, into Afghanistan. He was held in Pakistani custody for three weeks, then handed over to US forces stationed at Bagram Air Base in Afghanistan, a makeshift prison camp that was notorious for torture. He was held for 16 days at the base, which he told the press freedom group Committee to Protect Journalists were “the longest days of my life.” He was severely beaten by soldiers, who accused him of recording videos of Osama bin Laden. Al-Hajj was then shifted to another prison facility at Kandahar; in June 2002, he was delivered, bound and gagged, to Guantánamo.

he picked a great time to head into afghanistan. especially working for douche tv al jazeera which was still showing dancing ragheads celebrating the terrorist stike against the towers.

In a second statement that was reported by Reuters later on Friday, al-Hajj said, “Security and human rights are inseparable issues—you cannot have one without the other. Human rights are not only for times of peace—you need to hold onto them always, even during difficult times and times of war.” “My last message to the US administration,” he concluded, “is that torture will not stop terrorism—torture is terrorism.”

what a piece of dogsh!t. i wonder how many times he reported on muslims beheading women for being raped. i wish we had killed this maggot. a muslim talking about human rights is like miss jay talking about the heterosexual lifestyle. lies, lies, lies.

Similarly, another unnamed Pentagon official told Reuters that al-Hajj was “not being released,” but rather “being transferred to the Sudanese government.” Sudanese officials took pains to make it clear that al-Hajj was not in custody and did not face any charges.

what a fcking surprise! sudan would never keep this dirtbag in custody. they are to busy building rape camps and slaughtering hundreds of thousands in darfur.

i think i would appreciate this article more if i was an islamic terrorist. is this sh!t all you got? f'ck!
  8. Turk

Turk Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

We saved his life ???

Did you even click on the second link?

If you did, doesn't anything that you read there, bother you?
  9. atomdomb

atomdomb Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

not really.
  10. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

See? Right there, right in front of us all...we have evidence of why, if someone wants to starve himself to death, no one from the Unites States military should ever intervene and attempt to keep the silly bugger alive.
  11. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

This was a US soldier, captured by those animals. F-ck them.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  12. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +172 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

Which do you think makes a throat sorer, a sword carving back and forth on it until the head falls off or a life saving feeding tube?
  13. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +659 / 2 / -9

Praise Jesus
  14. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +659 / 2 / -9

Auntie Nancy Skank Pelosi said she Vomited when she saw the photo of the Muslim Murderer with Ladies Underwear on his head in the Abba Grabba Prison, the dirty old Shiny Toothed Grinning Bag was
    "dead silent" when these photos hit the news, both incidents happened at around the same time.

I truly believe that Pelosi and the rest of her slinky grinning weasel gang (Schumer, Reid, Lahey, Kennedy etc) support the f-cking Muslim Savages.

:bricks:
  15. Turk

Turk Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

How about the fact that this was an innocent man?

How about the fact that we are not animals?

How about the fact that we are better than the animals we are fighting?

We are better than them because we are morally superior, and this type of sub-human torturous treatment of fellow human beings is in direct contrast to what our country stands for.

It is perfectly normal for all of us to hate what these animals have done, and we should.

We also need to be careful and not misdirect our anger, because it would be just as wrong and ignorant to hate all Muslims.
    The fact is that these animals have killed more Muslims than anyone else.

What I find to be curious is that the hateful comments seem to be coming from the right, who supported Bush when he sold this concept of spreading democracy in the Muslim world. Now, they are expressing their racist, hateful feelings about the very same people they voted to help out. So, which one is it, do we hate them or are we literally dying to help them?
  16. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +172 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

Ironically these hateful comments you speak are directed towards the same animals you speak of. I'm confused. Folks on the right aren't part of your "all of us group"?
  17. Turk

Turk Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

When did I say that folks on the right were not part of us?

I said that the hateful comments directed at the Muslim World as a whole seem to be coming from folks who voted for Bush, so let's not confuse the issue here. I never did take issue with comments about the terrorist animals.

Here is the type of comment you should be offended by, and certainly any of mine:

"... what a piece of dogsh!t. i wonder how many times he reported on muslims beheading women for being raped. i wish we had killed this maggot..."

Here is the grand prize winner:
    "a muslim talking about human rights is like miss jay talking about the heterosexual lifestyle..."

I was brought up Muslim, so yes, I do find this comment as offensive as can be and as contradictory as can be, from the right, because it was the neo-con's selling point for this war that we were going there to help them.

Do you not see the contradiction here?
  18. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Okay, Turk, what's so offensive about the 'beheading women for being raped" comment, as we do see a fair number of news items where women are killed for being raped or for marrying the wrong person.

Not that long ago there was a girl hung in a town square in Iran because she'd been molested by an older man. Nothing happened to him.
  19. weswelker#83

weswelker#83 Rookie

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

Beheading is bad , all forms of torture are bad.

We bombed them , we invaded them , this is just a reminder my friend. We are at fault here ,sir . NOT THEM. We are the terrorists.

video soft of US torture:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rz7UNxnOI3M
  20. weswelker#83

weswelker#83 Rookie

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

[​IMG]

Who is the terrorist?