PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Torry Holt: "I still have enough game speed to play"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Torry Holt: " I still have enough game speed to play"

Add me to the group that is positive on this signing. I have always liked Torry Holt, and preferred him to his team mate Isaac Bruce. OK its not a marquee event because he is on the older side and no longer a #1 or #2, but the guy can play, think and most of all seems to be totally committed to football (isn't that the Belichick formula?). Locker Room gold.

From Christopher Price's article he knows how to compensate for loss of speed and how to counter before the defense knows he is countering. If can teach that to our youngsters this is more than just a solid pick up.

Last edited:
I still honestly think that dez bryant is too talented not to take at 22. He will now have 2 all time wr's to learn from. But in saying that i can make that decision with no consequences... I still think a WR corps of Moss, Holt,Bryant,Edleman,Tate isn't something to be sneezed at. and could turn a perceived pre draft weakness into a strength

Troy Brown

Bledsoe used to rave about the way TB ran his routes and the way he used his experience and smarts to never run a route the same way twice.

This is the well from which "game speed" is drawn.

The funny thing is that Holt was someone who, by and large, was not even considered as someone to sign to bring in and play WR3 for us. I know I didn't even remember that he was a free agent.

The funny thing is that Holt was someone who, by and large, was not even considered as someone to sign to bring in and play WR3 for us. I know I didn't even remember that he was a free agent.

Very typical of a BB signing. We usually don't really hear anything about them until a day or so before they happen. It makes for some frustrating dead space between moves, but also means that any given day some big news could drop. You just never know.

I really have always liked Holt and thought him to be a strong reciever, but I fear he might be a little too old to really help the Pats. I am hoping I am wrong, but the Patriots are a team in need of some youth...Holt could be a good stopgap for a year, I guess, but he could also be the second coming of Joey Galloway.

On another note, I am finding myself going gah-gah over Dez Bryant! God, I want this kid with a flying elvis on his head!

i agree. if dez is available at 22 then you got to take him.

defense first with 22 imo. they need to upgrade that pass rush.

defense first with 22 imo. they need to upgrade that pass rush.

The spot on the defense that most needs to be upgraded is DE. After that is OLB (pass rush).

What were we expecting Holt to say? "I have slowed down considerably over the years and I feel my libido decreasing by the minute. Expect a repeat of Joey Galloway" ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Back