PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Torry Holt can be had cheap...

Status
Not open for further replies.
ithink after the lewis trade i doubt the pats would be players for holt. getting younger seems to be the slogan this yr.

Yeah, because Greg Lewis is such as stud. :rolleyes:

We are talking about a 7th round pick people! How do you not take a chance on Torry Holt?

Last edited:
Yeah, because Greg Lewis is such as stud. :rolleyes:

We are talking about a 7th round pick people! How do you not take a chance on Torry Holt?

How do you propose we pay him, after giving up that 7th rd pick? Other teams will give him 3-4 mil a year. We can't, and wont pay him that.

Tory Holt remembers the Super Bowl Loss to the pats. Are we sure he'll want to come to the Pats knowing there is a good chance of getting a ring?

Tory Holt remembers the Super Bowl Loss to the pats. Are we sure he'll want to come to the Pats knowing there is a good chance of getting a ring?

wasnt he on the team that won the SB against the Titans?

for some reason i cant start a thread, not sure if someone mentioned this, i just was on another pats site and this is one of the main topics, has anyone heard this?? i dont know the source of this.

Hi again new news is funneling in that Roy Williams has been in contact with the patriots, however his agent, a Mr. Jordan Woi? Woy? seems to be asking for far too much money for as many people have pointed out, a below average coverage safety.
On the better news side, it seems that talks about Julius Peppers have continued to increase but Belicheck will be waiting to see what the draft board shapes up to be.
Apparently Bill is in love with USC linebacker Clay Matthews and the Patriots might package some picks seeing as it looks like he will not fall to them. If not they would love to grab Michael Johnson out of Georgia Tech should he fall to the second round.
On the more meaningless side the pick ups of Greg Lewis and Chris Baker seem to be creating some buzz in the locker room apparently the two did not think highly of eachother during their time in the Big 10. hopefully that grudge can be put aside.
thats all for now, stay tuned for more.

for some reason i cant start a thread, not sure if someone mentioned this, i just was on another pats site and this is one of the main topics, has anyone heard this?? i dont know the source of this.

Hi again new news is funneling in that Roy Williams has been in contact with the patriots, however his agent, a Mr. Jordan Woi? Woy? seems to be asking for far too much money for as many people have pointed out, a below average coverage safety.
On the better news side, it seems that talks about Julius Peppers have continued to increase but Belicheck will be waiting to see what the draft board shapes up to be.
Apparently Bill is in love with USC linebacker Clay Matthews and the Patriots might package some picks seeing as it looks like he will not fall to them. If not they would love to grab Michael Johnson out of Georgia Tech should he fall to the second round.
On the more meaningless side the pick ups of Greg Lewis and Chris Baker seem to be creating some buzz in the locker room apparently the two did not think highly of eachother during their time in the Big 10. hopefully that grudge can be put aside.
thats all for now, stay tuned for more.

Oh good, another NE INSIDER. :rolleyes:

Where are you getting this info about BB, and Clay, and Lewis, and Baker? What other board? Being that most of us go to the OTHER board as well, im just curious.

Oh, and you can't start a thread because of your post count. It's designed to prevent trolls from starting threads. You don't know any do you? :cool:

a 7th for Holt is a no-brainer... until you consider the salary cap implications. I'd love it if it could be worked out, however.

Per Rotoworld:

-
"ESPN's John Clayton anticipates the Jets and Titans showing interest in Torry Holt once he's released.

Clayton thinks "two or three more" clubs will join the bidding. The Rams likely would take a seventh-round pick for Holt at this point, so if some team gets serious they could get him for cheap. He might need a new contract, though. "

March 17th is his expected cut date, if we spent a 5th for Greg Lewis, I think T Holt, is atleast worth a phone call to see what the Rams would take prior to the 17th.

The NY press is already on them about Holt after passing up TO

The Jets Stream - NY Daily News

Here's the guy we want playing opposite Moss....

The reason that Holt can be had cheap is because he's got almost nothing left...

The reason that Holt can be had cheap is because he's got almost nothing left...

I don't know about all that. I think he still has a lot left, but played for a pathetic team

I think people are forgetting that we traded a 5th round pick this year for a WR..

so?

You know what the difference is between 5th/6th/7th round picks and UDFAs? UDFAs aren't salary controlled. Thats it.

Didn't we give up a a second and two 4ths for WRs two years ago? Trading seems to be working much better than drafting them.

Last edited:
Maybe he does, maybe he doesn't. For a 7th, who cares.

(assuming you can get him to negotiate a moss-like single year, incentive based, short money deal).

If he doesn't have it, you cut him in preseason.

7th round picks aren't worth anything.

Someone will give more to the rams than we will for holt

Im in favor of trading for Holt if he price is right. Bill just doesn't have the right track record when it comes to drafting WR remember C Jack, Bethel and PK Sam they did squat

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes