PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Torre tell-all book rips Yanks players/management

CMcCartney

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
Torre has a book coming out in February that rips the players and management (it mentions A-Rod and Jeter).. I'm sure all the Yankee fans will love it.. Torre doesn't seem the type to write something like that, so I'm sure the media has overblown the juicy parts.. I wouldn't waste my time or money reading something like that, but with any luck it will tear apart that fragile Yankee clubhouse before the season gets started.. Now if only Joe had waited until the beginning of spring training to release it..

Are the Yankees becoming the dysfunctional Dallas Cowboys of Baseball? :eek:

Becoming; no, I'd say they are there already. Bloated payroll, highest in MLB this century with zero (as in none, zippo, nada) WSC to show for it.

And if they do win it all this year, folks will say "Yeah, whatever, what did you expect", but if they don't, they will be the laughing stock of professional sports.

Right now they are backing themselves into a dark corner that they might not be able to get out of.

There was a good excerpt on cnnsi.com yesterday about his meeting with management after the 2007 season, and his thoughts on how he was treated especially by Cashman.

I might actually pick this one up, looks pretty good!

The two teams with the highest payroll, to ever win the World Series are.....Redsox teams.

At any rate, winning creates clubhouse chemistry. If the Yankees win, then they'll be fine, regardless of who like who, and who doesn't. If they struggle, then that's when babies & b!tches create problems. I think it goes "winnings cures all ills", or something like that.

As for Torre, I love & respect the guy, but he lost his fastball about 3-4 years ago. It was time to move on, and for some reason he feels like he deserved to be on the job until he decided not to be. I don't doubt that half of the stuff he says is true, but it's so sour grapes.

As much as Steinbrenner was a pain in the neck he at least was a fan of baseball and understood the game. Hank and Hal are not even fans ... we'll see but that orginization looks like it's taking a big step in foolish directions. Paying all that $$$ to CC BigAsseeya was a mistake ... he'll be down for at least 1/2 the year.

As much as Steinbrenner was a pain in the neck he at least was a fan of baseball and understood the game. Hank and Hal are not even fans ... we'll see but that orginization looks like it's taking a big step in foolish directions. Paying all that $$$ to CC BigAsseeya was a mistake ... he'll be down for at least 1/2 the year.

What? Why is CC going to be down for half the year? Paying anyone that money is ridiculous, but last year everyone wanted the Yankees to trade their farm for Santana, and then pay him the same money. The Yankees, in signing CC, only had to pay him the money, thus permitting them to keep their young players.

"The two teams with the highest payroll, to ever win the World Series are.....Redsox teams."

The two teams with the highest payroll, to ever lose the World Series are.....Yankee teams.

The 2001 and 2003 editions.

The one team with the higest payroll, to ever pull the biggest choke job in ALCS, no, sports history is........the 2004 Yankees.

Have a nice day Yankee ballwasher.

"The two teams with the highest payroll, to ever win the World Series are.....Redsox teams."

The two teams with the highest payroll, to ever lose the World Series are.....Yankee teams.

The 2001 and 2003 editions.

The one team with the higest payroll, to ever pull the biggest choke job in ALCS, no, sports history is........the 2004 Yankees.

Have a nice day Yankee ballwasher.

Typical yahoo. I'm having a great day , so thanks! ;)

Typical yahoo. I'm having a great day , so thanks! ;)

That stat you said about the Sox being the two highest payrolls ever to win is so misleading. Every year the payrolls get bigger, there are about 10 other teams that could have won in the past 4 years to claim that title.

Last edited:
I used to like Torre ... kind of lost respect for him now.
Managers should leave what happens in the clubhouse ... in the clubhouse.

"Typical yahoo. I'm having a great day , so thanks! ;)"

You pointed out the team that won the World Series with the highest payroll was the Red Sox and I pointed out the team that lost the World Series with the highest payroll was the Yankees.

It's ok for you to point it out, but when I do, I'm a yahoo?

You really are a moron.

A complete moron at that.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down