PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Torn ACL's around the league

Sean Lee is a very good player, shame he's always injured (missed 20 games in 4 seasons and is probably out for the entire forthcoming season), it's unfortunate how things go sometimes - it's a big loss for the Cowboys and a massive shame for Lee.

That really sucks. Sean Lee is such an important player for them. Cowboys fans may as well start looking forward to 2015.

Yes, big loss for the Cowboys

I feel bad for Cboys fans. I have to watch my wife and father in law go through this kind of intense pain year in and year out.

Dallas reminds me of the NFC's version of the Browns, but Cleveland may actually be more up and coming in the next couple/few years.

That's a shame. I've always enjoyed watching Sean Lee play because he's like a slightly faster Tedy Bruschi. I don't know what to say about his career at this point.

Rumor is that the MRI confirmed the tear, Gregg Rosenthal is citing an anonymous source.

1st round pick Zack Martin ran over Lee, what a way to start in NFL...

Sean Lee is snakebitten. Unlucky bugger.

Rumor is that the MRI confirmed the tear, Gregg Rosenthal is citing an anonymous source.

1st round pick Zack Martin ran over Lee, what a way to start in NFL...

Yeah, Lee had to be helped up from the ground by teammates, and had a barrage of obscenities to share with Martin. To say that he was unhappy with Martin would be putting it mildly.

Note to anyone who calls Gronk injury prone...this is an example of a real injury prone player! 2 of 3 of Gronks NFL injuries has come from a hit that would have injured every other single player the same way.

Note to anyone who calls Gronk injury prone...this is an example of a real injury prone player! 2 of 3 of Gronks NFL injuries has come from a hit that would have injured every other single player the same way.

Have to agree.

Tackling low on a big man is one thing, diving into the side of his knee only has one outcome.

And here is Pollard being suspicious about Brady trying to cause injury.
“When you slide . . . everything is on the ground. He knew what he was doing. It has to go both ways. Hopefully the NFL will do something about it.”

I think Pollard's statement answers my questions about whether Pollard knew what HE was doing.. yes he did.

But to the topic at hand, I have to say that as someone that only ever dreamed of playing in the NFL, I cant imagine the anguish of getting there and then watching it all disappear due to injury.

Here's hoping that its the last this guy has to overcome.

Last edited:
After last season as a Pats fan, I'm having a lot of trouble feeling sorry for some other team's injury problems.
While on that note, he just signed a 6 year/42 mil contract with 16 guaranteed. Not that I wish injury on anyone, but if I tore my acl my life would be considerably less comfortable than his. If it was a spine injury ala Singletary I would be alot more sympathetic. Acl's heal rather quickly and it's not going to effect his quality of life.

We were decimated last year, and besides local media not much sympathy was metered out. That, and I don't really care much about the plight of the Cowboys.

Hate to see injuries. And for a selfish reason, I hate to see summer camp injuries because then clubs don't cast off capable vets or promising rooks and the supply of available capable cut players for our pickup decreases. You KNOW that we will have to pick up a couple guys because (1) our worst players will have someone out there better than they and (2) some of our players will get injured this summer

Aaargh! Please don't scare me like that. When I saw the thread title I thought you meant one of our guys. In an offseason thing. IIRC it happened to the Pats several times with rookies over past summers.

Actually I'd rather not talk about acls around the league. I don't want to jinx us. Especially considering our 1st round pick has already had more than his share.

Oh there will be many more. Especially amongst the rookies. The Chargers GM was on NFL network on Sirius yesterday and said that he didn't know a single football person that liked the later draft (to which Polian agreed) simply because rookies haven't had an appropriate enough time to adjust and get into TC shape. Said he expected more season-ending injuries among rookies because of that. But the ratings were high, so it's all good right?

http://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/depthchart/DAL

1. Is that the worst defense (on paper) in NFL history?
2. Besides Melton, do the Patriots have better defensive starters at 10 out of 11 positions (including better backups)?

Romo would need to have an MVP type season for the Cowboys to even have a chance at 9-7/10-6. They are almost better off phantom-IRing him with a back injury and being in play for crab legs or Mariota.

I wonder if the rash of torn ACLs have something to do with over working out and/or PEDs. Your body can't handle all of that extra muscle mass

I wonder if the rash of torn ACLs have something to do with over working out and/or PEDs. Your body can't handle all of that extra muscle mass
Over working probably has more to do with it as do the rules changes with regard to the acceptable area for DB's to hit opposing receivers. They can't hit them high anymore without drawing a flag most of the time (even if the hit is legal, as we saw many times last season) so, instead, they're hitting them low which is leading to more knee and leg injuries.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back