PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Top Ten Playoff Chokes in the past 25 years -- SNOW JOB

Status
Not open for further replies.

T-ShirtDynasty

Reaction score
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/2006/01/13/gallery.chokes/index.1.html

Are you f'in kidding me? ........

--The MVP of the League
--leads the league's TOP offense
--sets the record with 1,184,142 Pro Bowl votes
--sets the record for Most Consecutive Games with Four or More Touchdown Passes (passing Marino's record of 4)
--sets the record for Highest Passer Rating in a season (blowing Steve Young's record away)
--sets the freakin' record for Touch Down passes in a single year!

....then comes to Gillette Stadium on January 16, 2005 in the AFC Divisional Playoffs, and fails to find the end-zone one single time. ZERO TDs. 1 Int.

The man who that very year set the Passer Rating record with a rating of 121.1 came out of the Razor with a rating of 69.3!

And that game doesn't even get a mention the Top 10? REALLY?

Wow.

it's becuse the media love the Dolts becuse they were so close and Marvin runs the perfect routes just over the first down marker and every throw Manning makes is perfect do you guys remember wht the two announcers were like when the Colts played the chargers god they pissed me off but they didn't do it :D

T-ShirtDynasty said:
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/2006/01/13/gallery.chokes/index.1.html

--The MVP of the League
--sets the record for Most Consecutive Games with Four or More Touchdown Passes (passing Marino's record of 4)
--sets the record for Highest Passer Rating in a season (blowing Steve Young's record away)

....then comes to Gillette Stadium on January 16, 2005 in the AFC Divisional Playoffs, and fails to find the end-zone one single time. ZERO TDs. 1 Int.

The man who that very year set the Passer Rating record with a rating of 121.1 came out of the Razor with a rating of 69.3!

Wow.

Well that wasn't a choke. That was a beating by a superior team with a superior quarterback.

Michael said:
Well that wasn't a choke. That was a beating by a superior team with a superior quarterback.

Brady is the best QB in the leauge period

If they're going to mention the Falcon-Viking game they should mention the Patriot-Steeler game a year ago. 14-2 at 15-1 and we blew them out.

A field goal game doesn't even compare to the choke Pittsburgh showed their hometown fans last year. Say thanks to Ben.

OhExaulted1 said:
If they're going to mention the Falcon-Viking game they should mention the Patriot-Steeler game a year ago. 14-2 at 15-1 and we blew them out.

A field goal game doesn't even compare to the choke Pittsburgh showed their hometown fans last year. Say thanks to Ben.

i wouldn't call it a choke we were just a better team despite our record

T-ShirtDynasty said:

--The MVP of the League

Wow.

You are finding a reason to cry about this? Not everything in football is about the PATS. The SI survey was based on the last 25 years. Wipe your tears and move on.

Just because nobody outside of New England bows down to the PATS (because they are the most boring of all the dynasties), which I am not sure PATS are a dynasty. Campbell's Chunky soup would rather feature a non-playoff and injured QB's mother than a mother from this team. Diet Pepsi won't even acknowlege your players. They would rather substitute any PATS player for a Diet Pepsi machine ands then the PATS in a supporting role. What does that tell you? Even Jerome Bettis has a UPS commercial.

Face it.....the PATS are not that special, even as defending champs (not for long).

A field goal game doesn't even compare to the choke Pittsburgh showed their hometown fans last year. Say thanks to Ben.[/QUOTE]

Let's see in his very first AFCCG as a rookie, Ben goes the distance in a losing cause.

Brady on the other hand gets knocked out of his very first AFCCG and cannot survive the first half.

PATSummerallofthe80s said:
Campbell's Chunky soup would rather feature a non-playoff and injured QB's mother than a mother from this team.

That's 'cause she's Chunky... like the soup.

Duh.

Na_polian said:

Duh.

Do some research.......Kurt Warner's mother wasn't CHUNKY? Plus I will bet any amount of money there are some overweight PATS moms if Campbell's was interested in finding one. They just had no desire to feature a PATS mom.

Michael said:
No way man. The AFC Championship, Patriots 41 - Stillers 27... that was a beat down by a superior team with a superior quarterback.

The record-setting greatest single season passer coming in and throwing 1 int against his 0 touch downs and cutting his record single season QB rating IN HALF... THAT is a choke.

Requirements for a "Choke"

- High expectations for one team over another
- Higher rated team gets blown out

Most of the games they cite were decided by 3 points or less. By definition, a close game in the playoffs CANT be a choke.

The 2004 Colts ("Best offense in the history of the NFL") playoff exit has to be in the top 5 chokes of all time, easy.

R

PATSummerallofthe80s said:
Do some research.......Kurt Warner's mother wasn't CHUNKY? Plus I will bet any amount of money there are some overweight PATS moms if Campbell's was interested in finding one. They just had no desire to feature a PATS mom.

Besides, who in the heck is gonna take advice about "eating right" etc... from a abig fat woman?

Bottom line? Campbells made a mistake. Besides, this topic really isn't about that McNabb's ginormous mommy - it's about the fact that it's damned odd that Manning's performance in the above mentioned playoff game isn't considered one of the greatest chokes in the Playoffs. I mean, damn.

Take off your Pat-Hating Glasses for a moment and really look at it. Pats Homer, or Pats Hater, I think all can agree, if looked at honestly, that it WAS one of the greatest chokes of all time, considering who he is, the records, the MVP, etc...

T-ShirtDynasty said:
Please refrain from quoting people on my ignore list. ;)

Oops. So sorry about that. Maybe I should add him to my "Dead To Me" list, too, just to avoid this issue in the future :p

Na_polian said:

Duh.

I went through a lot of trouble to put people on my ignore ( dead to me) list. I'm taking great joy on seeing ther tiny little names and nothing else when they post.

Please do not quote these idiot, little pecker, trolls.

I noticed another poster said almost the same thing.

PATSNUTme said:
I went through a lot of trouble to put people on my ignore ( dead to me) list. I'm taking great joy on seeing ther tiny little names and nothing else when they post.

Please do not quote these idiot, little pecker, trolls.

I noticed another poster said almost the same thing.

Maybe we need a thread on who the people are we shouldn't quote :p

Now back to the subject.

Actually the Colts are in a class of their own. They choked two years in a row.

So, they should be on the top 10 double-super choke list.

njpatsfan said:
Most of the games they cite were decided by 3 points or less. By definition, a close game in the playoffs CANT be a choke.
Of course, I see now the error of my hasty ways! Those morons must mean last minute chokes or something, which would have to rule out Peymetons (cough) since he (gasp) decided to (sputter) spend the entire (wheeezzeee) game sucking wind.

Last edited:
Na_polian said:
Maybe we need a thread on who the people are we shouldn't quote :p

Good idea. We should have a thread for everyone to list their ignore list.

I'll probably be on a few.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back