PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Top position groups in the NFL

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...hawks-secondary-headlines-top-position-groups

1. Seahawks secondary
2. Cowboys O Line
3. Packers WRs
4. Bills Dline
5. Broncos Recieving corps
6. Lions Dline
7. Ravens O line
8. Rams D line
9. Pats Secondary
10.49ers LBs

Pats secondary is underrated. It's as good as Seattle's. I'd also put our LBs up with SFs, if you include an injured Mayo (they include Willis and Bowman, both injured) and Ayers. Mayo-Hightower-Collins-Ayers-Casillas is as versatile and talented a group as there is in the NFL.

what about the most important position, the QB?

I have just one question. Who the **** is Chris Wesseling?
Chris Wesseling is a guy who sits around thinking about stuff like this. In other words he's pretty much just like the rest of us, only the NFL network pays him well for the privilege, while Ian gets us to do it for "likes" ;)

BTW- Wesseling is part of of the group of staff writers at NFL.com that does the Around the League pod cast which is produced 3 times a week. I find it both entertaining and informative and don't miss it. Its a nice overview from a national prospective from 4 guys who readily admit to having favorite home teams, including one Jets fan and one Pats fan. I recommend it

Chris Wesseling is a guy who sits around thinking about stuff like this. In other words he's pretty much just like the rest of us, only the NFL network pays him well for the privilege, while Ian gets us to do it for "likes" ;)

BTW- Wesseling is part of of the group of staff writers at NFL.com that does the Around the League pod cast which is produced 3 times a week. I find it both entertaining and informative and don't miss it. Its a nice overview from a national prospective from 4 guys who readily admit to having favorite home teams, including one Jets fan and one Pats fan. I recommend it

Takeaway message: Ian is a cheapskate. Or Ian is smart. Or both. Come on, Ian ... time to ante up. If Darrelle Revis can get $1M/game then I should be worth $1/post. :D

Takeaway message: Ian is a cheapskate. Or Ian is smart. Or both. Come on, Ian ... time to ante up. If Darrelle Revis can get $1M/game then I should be worth $1/post. :D
I'd be cheaper Ian. You can own me for ten cents a post and a set of press credentials.

Damned, that's right. You already own me. Maybe you can throw in the press credentials for old times sake.

Love listening to ATL when I get a chance.

Patriot linebackers should be high on that list.

I don't think GB's receivers are that good. They are talented, definitely a strong unit, but I think Pittsburgh, Denver, Indianapolis, Chicago, and Detroit are all on their level. I was surprised they ranked third overall of all units in the league.

Why are they that high? Rodgers is that good.

Well, we're still waiting for the definitive list from...

Dikembe-Mutombo1370311542.jpg

YOU KNOW WHO. ;)

I don't think GB's receivers are that good. They are talented, definitely a strong unit, but I think Pittsburgh, Denver, Indianapolis, Chicago, and Detroit are all on their level. I was surprised they ranked third overall of all units in the league.

Why are they that high? Rodgers is that good.

They're that high because right now they are the "best" team in football. I do love Nelson and Cobb as players, but I don't know of they're a better group than Atlanta's.

Love how they but Broncos as receiving corps though. They even rank them ahead of our secondary, even though we shut them out a month ago..

Wonder if Wesseling got more twitter followers and facebook likes because of his effort?? Which is the standard of sports reporting in this day and age.. perhaps he was weak in the NW, Texas and the upper midwest..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing