Welcome to PatsFans.com

Top Kill Effort Fails...

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by DarrylS, May 30, 2010.

1. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +150 / 3 / -19

Guess that 70% chance of success were not good enough odds, and the most recent effort has failed... sad day for america and our balance with nature...

FOXNews.com - BP Announces Failure of 'Top Kill' Procedure to Stop Oil Gusher

2. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

3. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

And the President of the United States is vacationing in ChiTown. Maybe he'll take in a hockey game!
  4. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +150 / 3 / -19

He is home for the weekend, once again what do you want him to be doing???
  5. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

How many times do I have to answer this question before you stop asking it? Are you really this clueless? Do you, like, even watch the news? Or follow the news in any way? I guess your nose is so far up Obama's arse that you refuse to see him as anything but perfection defined.

Well, those of us who do follow the news know that we can add Colin Powell to the list of people frustrated at Obama's complete inaction. When your political opponents criticize you, that's one thing. But when your own allies (like Carville and Powell) start criticizing you, then you have to take a long hard look at what you're doing wrong.

But hey, it's Memorial Day weekend in ChiTown for the President! Nothing like a little R&R while the Gulf is destroyed!
  6. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Nope! Nothing to see here folks!
    Last edited: May 30, 2010
  7. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +150 / 3 / -19

You rely on hyperbole and half truths, what do you want him to do??.. he has an admiral on scene and a whole group of assets there.. you spout your pious platitudes and all you come out to be is a lemming because of the continual "drudgification" of American Society..

You say the same shyt daily, and have yet to accept the basic challenge as to what do you want him to be doing right now...

Was listening to some talk shows this AM, the US does not have the legal right to take over BP.. so if I am missing something let me know.. and stop with the bs of this person said this or that person said that.. it is all a bunch of empty rhetoric, and no one can say what you want him to do.. until then go your merry way and go read red state or one of the lemming blogs.. they have the truth..

If you want a person who knows nothing about pumping mud to pump mud, or if you want a person who knows nothing about how to stop leaks to try to stop it, so be it.. but until someone tells me what he should be doing let me know, until then it is all idle rhetoric that means absolutely nothing..

This is not a defense of Obama, it is the way the world works.. pretty confident that the Pres of BP, Transoceana and Haliburton are all home this weekend.. but you will not find that info in the right wing blogs..

The most disheartening thing that Powell had to say that the oil spill is beyond the capacity of BP..
  8. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

It's tough to understand what you are saying with your nose lodged so far up Obama's sphincter. Could you please try to speak/write more clearly? TIA.
  9. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +295 / 1 / -7

Obama himself should be on TV daily reporting the news on this oil spill, if he isn't that concerned with it he should at least "make believe" he is and let his people know he is trying to do something, Obama is an in your face arrogant friggin clown, his dislike for his own country is more evident each day.

Obama 2012 over there>>>>>>>>>:bricks:
  10. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +150 / 3 / -19

Guess did not dumb it down enough for you, surprise.. will revert to first grade reading level next time..
  11. MrSparkle

MrSparkle Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

He's frustrated by the lack of action, there is no need for personal insults.

I too agree that I don't think by him being down there would help things. I do like Harry's thought though, it would seem more proactive if he gave daily (or even semi-weekly) updates to what's going on there. I think that, in and of itself, would go a long way to quell many concerns that not enough is happening fast enough. At least it would seem like he is more involved and on top of it.

:confused2:
  12. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +150 / 3 / -19

You conveniently missed the comments made by him.. thanks for the reminder though.

He had a press conference on Thursday and made comments on Friday.. there has been a lot of info available, seems every day there has been news from the folks on the ground..
  13. Boston Boxer

Boston Boxer U.S. Air Force Retired PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +16 / 3 / -1

#75 Jersey

i would not be eating any seafood from the gulf coast anytime soon...or anytime, ever.
  14. MrSparkle

MrSparkle Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Yeah, thanks. I must have missed those but I think I remember the sound bites.

We are all frustrated man, it's understandable. Even though we are all *****ing back and forth, all we really want is a solution. We are witness to a historic disaster and frustrated by our lack of being able to do anything to help.

If it helps you out at all, try and picture every thing being the same, but with Bush in change. That might help you understand WP's and other's outrage.
  15. chicowalker

chicowalker Rookie

Ratings:
    +145 / 2 / -1

fair or not, Bush would have been more under attack, im sure, given his oil connections
  16. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +107 / 7 / -10

Obama got more from BP than any other candidate. BP got waivers from safety requirements........;)
  17. chicowalker

chicowalker Rookie

Ratings:
    +145 / 2 / -1

Yes, $75k -- a small fraction of their political donations, more of which wentto Republicans than Dems, if you really want to play that game...

... and as I started my post, "fair or not..."
  18. JackBauer

JackBauer On the Roster

Ratings:
    +283 / 6 / -4

Horrible news.

I'm glad to see Wolfpack's priorities are in order.
  19. cupofjoe1962

cupofjoe1962 Rookie

Ratings:
    +30 / 12 / -2

Time to put patison politics aside & find a solution to this problem.

I have heard that other nations have offered help. What about other
    companies.... Exxon...... Some other oil company..... Boone Pickens...
    General Dynamics.... MIT.... Somebody must have a good idea.

BP has not done enough & if they do not have a immediate plan-B to the
    Top Kill failed effort, we should seek additional help & stick BP with the bill.

I want this problem fixed asap !

I don't care if they don't get another drop from the gulf, as long as they
    stop this problem.
  20. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

"There is no need for personal attacks, but when all else fails some need to resort to this." - DarrylS