Welcome to PatsFans.com

Top Kill Effort Fails...

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by DarrylS, May 30, 2010.

1. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

Guess that 70% chance of success were not good enough odds, and the most recent effort has failed... sad day for america and our balance with nature...

FOXNews.com - BP Announces Failure of 'Top Kill' Procedure to Stop Oil Gusher

2. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

3. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

And the President of the United States is vacationing in ChiTown. Maybe he'll take in a hockey game!
  4. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

He is home for the weekend, once again what do you want him to be doing???
  5. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

How many times do I have to answer this question before you stop asking it? Are you really this clueless? Do you, like, even watch the news? Or follow the news in any way? I guess your nose is so far up Obama's arse that you refuse to see him as anything but perfection defined.

Well, those of us who do follow the news know that we can add Colin Powell to the list of people frustrated at Obama's complete inaction. When your political opponents criticize you, that's one thing. But when your own allies (like Carville and Powell) start criticizing you, then you have to take a long hard look at what you're doing wrong.

But hey, it's Memorial Day weekend in ChiTown for the President! Nothing like a little R&R while the Gulf is destroyed!
  6. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

Nope! Nothing to see here folks!
    Last edited: May 30, 2010
  7. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

You rely on hyperbole and half truths, what do you want him to do??.. he has an admiral on scene and a whole group of assets there.. you spout your pious platitudes and all you come out to be is a lemming because of the continual "drudgification" of American Society..

You say the same shyt daily, and have yet to accept the basic challenge as to what do you want him to be doing right now...

Was listening to some talk shows this AM, the US does not have the legal right to take over BP.. so if I am missing something let me know.. and stop with the bs of this person said this or that person said that.. it is all a bunch of empty rhetoric, and no one can say what you want him to do.. until then go your merry way and go read red state or one of the lemming blogs.. they have the truth..

If you want a person who knows nothing about pumping mud to pump mud, or if you want a person who knows nothing about how to stop leaks to try to stop it, so be it.. but until someone tells me what he should be doing let me know, until then it is all idle rhetoric that means absolutely nothing..

This is not a defense of Obama, it is the way the world works.. pretty confident that the Pres of BP, Transoceana and Haliburton are all home this weekend.. but you will not find that info in the right wing blogs..

The most disheartening thing that Powell had to say that the oil spill is beyond the capacity of BP..
  8. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

It's tough to understand what you are saying with your nose lodged so far up Obama's sphincter. Could you please try to speak/write more clearly? TIA.
  9. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -4

My Jersey:

Obama himself should be on TV daily reporting the news on this oil spill, if he isn't that concerned with it he should at least "make believe" he is and let his people know he is trying to do something, Obama is an in your face arrogant friggin clown, his dislike for his own country is more evident each day.

Obama 2012 over there>>>>>>>>>:bricks:
  10. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

Guess did not dumb it down enough for you, surprise.. will revert to first grade reading level next time..
  11. MrSparkle

MrSparkle Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

He's frustrated by the lack of action, there is no need for personal insults.

I too agree that I don't think by him being down there would help things. I do like Harry's thought though, it would seem more proactive if he gave daily (or even semi-weekly) updates to what's going on there. I think that, in and of itself, would go a long way to quell many concerns that not enough is happening fast enough. At least it would seem like he is more involved and on top of it.

:confused2:
  12. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

You conveniently missed the comments made by him.. thanks for the reminder though.

He had a press conference on Thursday and made comments on Friday.. there has been a lot of info available, seems every day there has been news from the folks on the ground..
  13. Boston Boxer

Boston Boxer U.S. Air Force Retired PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

#75 Jersey
    i would not be eating any seafood from the gulf coast anytime soon...or anytime, ever.
  14. MrSparkle

MrSparkle Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

Yeah, thanks. I must have missed those but I think I remember the sound bites.

We are all frustrated man, it's understandable. Even though we are all *****ing back and forth, all we really want is a solution. We are witness to a historic disaster and frustrated by our lack of being able to do anything to help.

If it helps you out at all, try and picture every thing being the same, but with Bush in change. That might help you understand WP's and other's outrage.
  15. chicowalker

chicowalker Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

fair or not, Bush would have been more under attack, im sure, given his oil connections
  16. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -2

My Jersey:

Obama got more from BP than any other candidate. BP got waivers from safety requirements........;)
  17. chicowalker

chicowalker Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

Yes, $75k -- a small fraction of their political donations, more of which wentto Republicans than Dems, if you really want to play that game...

... and as I started my post, "fair or not..."
  18. JackBauer

JackBauer Rookie

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

Horrible news.

I'm glad to see Wolfpack's priorities are in order.
  19. cupofjoe1962

cupofjoe1962 Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

Time to put patison politics aside & find a solution to this problem.

I have heard that other nations have offered help. What about other
    companies.... Exxon...... Some other oil company..... Boone Pickens...
    General Dynamics.... MIT.... Somebody must have a good idea.

BP has not done enough & if they do not have a immediate plan-B to the
    Top Kill failed effort, we should seek additional help & stick BP with the bill.

I want this problem fixed asap !

I don't care if they don't get another drop from the gulf, as long as they
    stop this problem.
  20. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

"There is no need for personal attacks, but when all else fails some need to resort to this." - DarrylS
  21. Ilikehappyppl

Ilikehappyppl Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

Drill Baby Drill:p

Now that we all have made this nice bed, its time to lay in it!

I hope it turns the gulf into oil soup, only way humans will learn........

Its alot like the last few years, we bailed out all these ppl and none of them learned a thing. Since 1970's we have known about our problem and all we have done it pass it down to the next gen instead of being leaders we where cowards.

NOW is the time for CHANGE! STOP being COWARDS! BE LEADERS!!!

Wind,Solar,Nuke......use them!
    Last edited: May 31, 2010
  22. pherein

pherein Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

I’m not a very good political debater , but I am human, and so are most us in the golf, New Orleans. Most of us don't decide what happens to us or our children, we found that out before.
    We built allot from nothing, with the help of the people of America, and it was really hard to do. Most of what you see in New Orleans is built from the hearts of the American people. Its taken a long time, but I hope we have done right by the people of this country that helped us, and we are still trying.

Most will not lay in it, we will, and our way of life that you all helped to build back is going to be dyeing in this “soup” as you call it.

Im not putting you down. I think you have a right to be angry, and find who is responsible, and your opinion is respected by me.

But we don't enjoy your luxury of blame. If they do not cap this spill, with this next and final try, it will run until august, yes 3 months until a permanent solution BP has said. It will destroy our economy again. This spill has done this much damage in 30-40 days imagine 90 more.

Blaming someone is not much in our nature and will not stop what is going to happen.
    MIT is not in New Orleans and we fully understand we are not the best or the brightest in America. Maybe we dont deserve to survive, but we will try, and we will again ask for help.

But I do not believe a city and people, that so many helped to build back, should be made an example of how corrupt governments and corporations are. we would much rather have our way of life back, and when we learn to stand on our own feet again, help others who have helped us.

When Obama was here there were 810 employes of BP cleaning the beach, when he left we could hardly find anyone working, we see these things. We are just out of time, we need this fixed, or it will hurt allot of humans, as you say. Big and small. I don't want that.

All respect to you, I just thought you might like to know

http://www.nola.com/news/gulf-oil-spill/index.ssf/2010/05/offshore_drilling_ban_would_be.html

http://www.nola.com/news/gulf-oil-spill/index.ssf/2010/05/noaa_gulf_of_mexico_oil_spill_7.html

http://www.nola.com/news/gulf-oil-spill/index.ssf/2010/05/anger_rises_over_bp_failures_t.html
  23. 363839

363839 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

The irony here is so rich. :p
  24. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ~~~Out of Order~~~ PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

#87 Jersey
    I think we need to bring Al Qaeda in on this. I mean they found a way to bring down the gigantic buildings ... surly they could help with this ... they are after all the bomb experts.
  25. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -1

My Jersey:

Thanks for that Pherein, a little perspective.

It looks to me so much like BP has no damn clue what to do in the situation, that I just assume failure of the latest, non-cute-named attempt. Little as any of us are in the mood to pray for the success of a BP venture, they've got my prayers on this one. But my rational mind says they're throwing a prop into the ocean and they know it. They've just been caught in too much malfeasance and too many lies already.

August means tripling to quadrupling what's out there already, but I don't trust the August date. At this point, from all I've seen from BP, my gut says everything down there is coming up here - meaning however extensive that pocket of oil is, it goes in the gulf.

CuppaJoe's right on this one... it's going to be a fleet of skimmers sooner or later, better sooner than later. Who's got 'em? Get 'em down to the gulf. And don't worry about looking pathetic for taking other countries' help... we'll look more pathetic cutting off a whole gulf to spite our face.

Anyway that's about it, hope for the best for you Pherein (and for the rest of us too.) Not ignoring that one of your links is about exactly the pain of cutting off drilling that I was advocating... I don't even know if you and me disagree on that, but your link and I disagree. That doesn't mean we can't all understand what this disaster means to your part of the country.

LMRP, is that newly rebranded top-hat? Okay, hoping for the best for LMRP.

PFnV
  26. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

I've heard that there is enough oil in this pocket that if it were left unchecked that most of us would be decomposing rather than composing by the time it ran out........not good.
  27. pherein

pherein Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

Thanks PatsFanInVa, I do appreciate your option and completely understand your view that alternative fuel is a better solution to a better way of life, and Im sure you are right. I am just not as well versed as you in the mass production of alternate fuel and the problems it may cause. I understand Yin and Yang thats about it on that subject.

I actually agree with you that oil is probably not the answer, but for now it is a important part of the LA economy, and their must be some transition in place for us to learn a new way of living. This can only be from the top down, because simple workers providing for their families, I don't think can start this. I may be wrong.

Thanks , we hope BP can contained , and I know most in LA would rather it effect our coast than anyone else's. Because if it does get into the North Pacific Current it will be pretty bad. I dont think thats been talked about yet. We wish that on no one.

Only 2 cases I know of this was it took 10 months to cap, still finding that link,and the link I provided below

I believe they took 9 months, but in deeper water
    Ixtoc I oil spill - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

We like you know BP and the government for what it is. But we all also know that this is about people.. men , women, and children. People with no choice. Today this is going to hurt us allot, but tomorrow .. Florida, texas,mexico,South Carolina, the Caribbean... I agree that they are doing what is cost efficient, instead of what is right, and could be done right now if these forces cared as much as the american people cared about us when we needed help, then it probably would have been solved or we would have more confidence that they were trying.

Well, we are going to be needing your help again shortly, hope we are not to much of a burden, it does not make us feel good that we can not fend for our families on our own and constantly need the american peoples help, its been humbling very very humbling, I just hope it's only us.

And yes we in New Orleans know with out a doubt that you and the American people will try to help us, and all in need , this is very proven, gives us hope. I hope no one else needs to feel your charity, but I think it may come to that.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/environment/2010-05-23-super-spill_N.htm
  28. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

When does BP get tossed out on its rear? When do we just start grabbing people from the US oil industry and I dunno guilting them or even possibly drafting them into a team that we know for a fact is working in the best interests of the USA and the world in general. I'm no longer sure that's the case with BP.
  29. pherein

pherein Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

I believe your anger is not understated, and correct, to us you are on the right track. We believe, and this is bias, that this could effect many more people and wildlife, and if it is not stopped NOW with the best of means, it will reach disaster. No matter what needs to be done, I would say again when Katrina hit, God just Please help us, do something we can believe in.

My opinion, if thats is ok, is that this should have already been gone over by the best of minds in our government, and as you say a team of the best people should have been brought together to stop this from happening, or work with BP. Instead of relaying on a company that cares more for margins than my sons well being.

I do apologize for my for my passion and love for my city, it leaves me dumb at times, do understand
  30. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -1

My Jersey:

We're supposed to be one country. Like probably a few others here I make my living in a "portable" way with no ties to reality, like I dunno, shellfish, or oil. But my car burns oil and I like shrimp. Anybody can find their way of life threatened like this and it's on the rest of us not to just say "ho hum, guess it's time to move 100 miles and stop doing what you've always done for a living, and start flipping burgers." Yeah my guess is you guys do have the sympathies of the country, I sure hope so. I can't imagine what comes ashore come hurricane seasons - but again, let's hope all the unknowns line up positively, hell it cannot hurt to hope.

I'm just passionate about getting "there", and my feeling is nobody on our political landscape is likely to move nearly fast enough to displace an oil economy so rapidly that no transition is possible... so I don't think we'll end up at odds there. I don't have all the answers. I know the economics say that it will no be easy or fast to get from "A" to "B", and as you've seen here, it sure isn't something everybody even thinks can happen.

a lot more wool-gathering I guess. Yeah you'll need a hand. I'm not an activist "out there," I'm a desk jockey. But as far as my personal interactions, on here, in conversation, whatever, I'll be fighting for you guys to get it... not because I think our resources are limitless, but because I believe when something screws one region or one bunch of people in our country a LOT, we can all give a (comparatively) LITTLE to help mitigate the effect.

At least this time I haven't heard that God was judging you guys for Mardi Gras this time.