PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Top 7 Draft Order

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjbaker

Rookie
Reaction score
Can Somebody please tell me the draft order now of the top 7 teams as new england will have the seventh pick.

Thanks!!

Hahahahahahahahahha. Atlanta had a better team then the JETS. :singing:

I love it.

From the draft board :

1. Miami 1-15, 138 opponent wins
2. St. Louis 3-13, 131
3 (tie). Kansas City 4-12, 132, 3-9 AFC
3 (tie). Oakland 4-12, 132, 4-8 AFC
3 (tie). Atlanta 4-12, 132
6. New York Jets 4-12, 134
7. San Francisco (held by New England) 5-11, 119
8. Baltimore 5-11, 132
9. Cincinnati 7-9, 118
10. New Orleans 7-9, 123

Based on that order looks like the chances of McFadden going into the AFC East are low. Whew.

Last edited:
From the draft board :

1. Miami 1-15, 138 opponent wins
2. St. Louis 3-13, 131
6. New York Jets 4-12, 134
7. San Francisco (held by New England) 5-11, 119
8. Baltimore 5-11, 132
9. Cincinnati 7-9, 118
10. New Orleans 7-9, 123

So the Pats winning last night (would have changed the SOS by 2 from 134 to 132) hurt the Jets..Sweet...............

My mock of top picks as of today:

1. Miami- Dorsey. Tuna will take this top DT.

2. St. Louis- Jake Long- to replace Pace at LT eventually

3 (tie). Kansas City- Chris Long- Edwards will want to build the D

3 (tie). Oakland- McFadden.. the RB to go with the QB

3 (tie). Atlanta- Matt Ryan, the best QB on the board

6. New York Jets- Lauranitis- Wo-Mangini will want the guy everyone has as a perfect Pat.. good for the Jets 3-4 as well

7. NE- I predict a trade down with a team wanting a QB (Carolina, Chicago, Detroit,Minny??) in front of the Ravens. If not, Vernon Gholston would be the quality pass rusher we need to further spark the front 7 as Colvin is likely a cap casualty if not reworked. Look for a MLB and cb help in rds. 2 and 3.

8. Baltimore- Brian Brohm or Andre Woodson- QB is a must

9. Cincinnati- Sedrick Ellis or Keith Rivers- front 7 help is a must

10. New Orleans- perhaps the top corner, either Jenkins, or whichever Trojans players that Cinci passes on

7. NE- I predict a trade down with a team wanting a QB (Carolina, Chicago, Detroit,Minny??) in front of the Ravens.

Do you have a rough idea of where they (Minn, Car, Chi ) pick or the second 20????

I have 8-20
8. Baltimore
9. Cincy
10. New Orleans
11. Buffalo
12. Denver
13. Carolina
14. Chicago
15. Detroit
16. Arizona
17. Minnesota
18. Houston
19. Philly
20. Cleveland or Tennessee

im thinkin hte jets will also take who we want...

also, i think KC will focus on O first round, or take a CB to replace law

From the draft board :

Just to be clear, this tie is currently unbreakable. I think it must go KC-OAK, but it could be ATL-KC-OAK, KC-ATL-OAK, or KC-OAK-ATL--and I could be wrong about that, too.

This also puts our #3 from Oakland in the 3, 4 or 5 spot of the 3rd round - just a few picks after our own #2.

6. New York Jets- Lauranitis- Wo-Mangini will want the guy everyone has as a perfect Pat.. good for the Jets 3-4 as well

7. NE- I predict a trade down with a team wanting a QB (Carolina, Chicago, Detroit,Minny??) in front of the Ravens. If not, Vernon Gholston would be the quality pass rusher we need to further spark the front 7 as Colvin is likely a cap casualty if not reworked. Look for a MLB and cb help in rds. 2 and 3.

10. New Orleans- perhaps the top corner, either Jenkins, or whichever Trojans players that Cinci passes on

Baltimore will not draft another QB!!

My thoughts exactly. The Jets will take whoever the Pats want even if the the need isn't there. It would be funny if the Pats traded up ahead of the Jets and have Mangina shat his pants

Is this determined by a coin flip? I thought that what it is but I could be wrong.

http://www.ajc.com/braves/content/sports/falcons/stories/2007/12/30/faldraft_1231.html

>>>>>The Falcons will select third in the 2008 NFL draft, getting the pick in the third tie-breaker between four teams. Miami (1-15) and St. Louis (3-13) will make the first two picks.

The Falcons, Oakland, Kansas City and the New York Jets all finished 4-12. The Falcons, Raiders and Chiefs had identical strengths of schedule, the first tie-breaker. The Raiders and Chiefs split their two meetings, the second tie-breaker, and neither played the Falcons. The Falcons won the third tie-breaker, division record, by going 1-5 in the NFC South as the Raiders and Chiefs were both 2-4 in the AFC West. The tie-breaker between the Raiders and Chiefs was broken by virtue of the Raiders having a worse record among common opponents, the fourth tie-breaker.<<<<<<<

Last edited:
http://www.ajc.com/braves/content/sports/falcons/stories/2007/12/30/faldraft_1231.html

>>>>>The Falcons will select third in the 2008 NFL draft, getting the pick in the third tie-breaker between four teams. Miami (1-15) and St. Louis (3-13) will make the first two picks.

The Falcons, Oakland, Kansas City and the New York Jets all finished 4-12. The Falcons, Raiders and Chiefs had identical strengths of schedule, the first tie-breaker. The Raiders and Chiefs split their two meetings, the second tie-breaker, and neither played the Falcons. The Falcons won the third tie-breaker, division record, by going 1-5 in the NFC South as the Raiders and Chiefs were both 2-4 in the AFC West. The tie-breaker between the Raiders and Chiefs was broken by virtue of the Raiders having a worse record among common opponents, the fourth tie-breaker.<<<<<<<

They have to do a coinflip on Monday, which is today, to determine who gets the #3 pick.

This story corrects an earlier version that inaccurately stated the Falcons had clinched the third pick in the 2008 draft.

Last edited:
1. Miami 1-15
2. St. Louis 3-13
3 (tie). Kansas City 4-12
3 (tie). Oakland 4-12
3 (tie). Atlanta 4-12
6. New York Jets 4-12
7. New England 16-0

One of these teams is not like the others; can you spot it?

And yes, a small part of me dies in wishing this.

gholston1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots