PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Top 5 qbs of all time

Status
Not open for further replies.
9. McNair (virtually flawless in his prime, anyway)
14. Flutie

The problem with McNair was his prime was too short (and I'm a guy who loved McNair in his prime). If his knees had held up, he'd have formed a Brady-Manning-McNair triumvirate for longer than the 2 years he actually did, and definitely would be considered in a top 5, let alone top 10 list. As it stands, I still see him as top 20, but he's along the lines of a Steve Young in my book. He was a better Steve Young, and possibly 10th or 11th. If McNair was to pull a Super Bowl ring out of his mid-30s body at this point, he'd definitely move into the top 10 for me, without a doubt.

Flutie, though? Come on. I wouldn't rate Flutie in the top 100 NFL QBs of all time. Note that I said NFL. Still, Flutie was a mediocre QB. Putting him over Troy Aikman or Ken Stabler? You have to be out of your mind.

Last edited:
1.) Peyton Manning
2.) Joe Montana
3.) John Elway
4.) Tom Brady
5.) Dan Marino

It pains me to say it, but by the time Manning calls it quits, I think he will be the consensus greatest quarterback in the NFL. He will own practically all of the passing records and will have at least one Super Bowl to go with it.

(Wasn't logged in so unfortunately Aqua's drivel didn't get ignored.)

Marino never embraced the film work/preparation aspect of the game and therefore often struggled against great defenses, particularly in the playoffs.

He just wasn't smart enough to understand film sessions. Dude barely broke double figures on the Wonderlic.

Most people don't actually contradict themselves in the same post. If it's a team game, with 53 players responsible for wins and losses, how is it that one player made "mediocre teams playoff teams"?

You can't compare Manning and Brady to the others people have listed (except for Favre), without projecting out for thier entire careers. If they both continue on thier current pace, they with both in all likelyhood eclipse Marino on the all time list.

Manning maybe, but how long do you expect Brady to play, 20years??? Of all the QB's in the NFL to be considered "great" Brady has bar far the weakest numbers. The Wins aren't aren't wins just because Brady is a smart QB. They're wins because the Pats have had a good FO, coaching, good scouting, good defense, good ST. You don't win SB with a great QB, you win SB's with a good QB and a Great teams! Kurt Warner was a much better QB then Brady could ever hope to be, his teams just weren't as good as long. Heck Trent Green has better numbers then Brady. Brady is a good QB on a very good team, that's about the long and short of it.

Manning maybe, but how long do you expect Brady to play, 20years??? Of all the QB's in the NFL to be considered "great" Brady has bar far the weakest numbers. The Wins aren't aren't wins just because Brady is a smart QB. They're wins because the Pats have had a good FO, coaching, good scouting, good defense, good ST. You don't win SB with a great QB, you win SB's with a good QB and a Great teams! Kurt Warner was a much better QB then Brady could ever hope to be, his teams just weren't as good as long. Heck Trent Green has better numbers then Brady. Brady is a good QB on a very good team, that's about the long and short of it.

Are you a liar in real life too, or do you just pretend to be one on the internet? This kind of garbage is an embarrasment to the Dolphin fan base. No legit Dolphin fan would write this garbage about a player Jason Taylor calls the best in the NFL.

BHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. thanks man that made my day.

1 joe montana

2 john elway

3 dan marino

4 terry bradshaw 4 rings

5 brett favre

brady and manning are not there yet when they are done playing they will be 1 and 2 but not yet now they are 6 and 7 wich is still vary good

yeah that fact that warner was a better qb than brady could ever hope to be. that fact. warner was only good because he had great talent around him, once that changed he sucked.

Of all the QB's in the NFL to be considered "great" Brady has bar far the weakest numbers.

John Elway...
regular season: 7250 att, 4123 comp, 56.9 %, 51475 yds, 300 TD, 226 INT, 79.9 rating, 7.1 yds/att, 4.1 TD%, 3.1 INT%
post season: 650 att, 355 comp, 54.6 %, 4964 yds, 27 TD, 21 INT, 79.8 rating, 7.6 yds/att, 4.1 TD%, 3.2 INT%

Tom Brady...
regular season: 3064 att, 1896 comp, 61.9 %, 21546 yds, 147 TD, 78 INT, 88.4 rating, 7.0 yds/att, 4.8 TD%, 2.5 INT%
post season: 295 att, 486 comp, 60.7 %, 3217 yds, 20 TD, 9 INT, 86.2 rating, 6.6 yds/att, 4.1 TD%, 1.9 INT%

So compared to Elway, there no way you could say he has "bar far the weakest numbers".

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey