PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Top 5 games in the Brady/Belichick era, Non Super Bowls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean Pa Patriot

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
We all know that the super bowls are special, and they have there own special place in is history, But what is your top 5 games from the Belichick Brady era..

1 Snow Bowl- Oak/Pats- quite possibly the best ever Pats game ever

2 AFC Title 2004- Pats vs Steelers- Brady was great that day, and so was our D

3 Pats vs Giants - The game that made history, I know it just happened, but that night was a great night , and probably one of the best reg season games ever in Pats histroy..

4 Pats vs Miami 03 - Brady to Brown, might have started a trend that led to a winning streak.

5 Pats vs Colts Div playoff 20-3 , was a classic game when people were saying the Colts were unbeatable..

Runners up- Pats /Colts 07 Pats Ravens 07 Pats Eagles 03- Hate your coach game

I loved the intentional safety game in Denver. I think BB/TB have a 1-5 record against those fools; this being the only win. Also, it was a Monday Night game. Very cool.

I also loved the Miami game at home in the snow with Bru's pick 6 and the snow being tossed into the air.

Finally, beating the Bears last year with Brady's juke of Urlacher was a good barometer and made me realize even on a down year, the Pats were one of the best 3 teams in the league. I mean a immobile QB versus the game's best LB? Not even in one hand touch would Brady been down.

this leads me to ask..... what are the top 5 Brady games??

1) Snow Bowl(BEST PATS GAME EVER cept for SB 36)
2) AFCCG: Steelers 02(A shocking playoff upset following the Snow Bowl. Troy's punt return, blocked FG lateral to Antwain Harris)
3) AFCDG: Chargers(An amazing comeback...Brady was having a terrible game and Troy's FF on the INT return...another classic)
4) AFCCG: Steelers 05(It was so fun to watch the Steeler fans sit horrified at what they were witnessing. It was over very quickly)
5) AFCDG: Colts(How can they stop the Colts with an injured secondary? 20-3, another playoff beat down on Peyton)

Last edited:
this leads me to ask..... what are the top 5 Brady games??

Best Brady Games

1 Pitt- 02
2 Chicago 02
3 Pitt 05
4 Dallas 07
5 NYG -07

Too many others too mention, but those 5 stand out to me..

Other honorable mention games:

02 @ Chicago--a huge comeback on the road.

01 @ NYJ--I love seeing the NFL Films shot of the Jets fan sulking late in the game after bragging about beating the Pats. IMO this game got them thinking about how good they really could be.

03 vs Tennesee--A banged up Pats team beats a Tenn team at the top of their game. Started the streak.

04 @ St. Louis--A huge road win, the fake FG for a td.

Don't forget 03 reg. season game thriller at Indy. We nearly blew a big lead. But, Willie Mac saves the day. Quite possible they get home field if they win that game and we go there for AFCCG.

Favorite Playoff Games:

1) Snow Bowl, 2002 AFCD vs. Oakland - That game felt like the beginning of something we as Patriots fans had never seen before.

2) 2005 AFCD vs. Indy - In my mind, the defining game of the 2003-2004 Patriots teams. The linebackers imposed their will on Indy's recievers all game and the offense was at its most efficient.

3) 2005 AFCC at Pittsburgh - Total domination over a 15-1 team, at Heinz Field, the revenge game after Pittsburgh ended the streak.

4) 2002 AFCC at Pittsburgh - Bledsoe's swan song in a Patriots unifirm. Love that he made a real contribution to the first championship.

5) 2007 AFCD at San Diego - The Bolts were the chic favorite to win it all, and dominated the first 3 quarters. Brady led a comeback the like of which we hadn't seen since '03.

Favorite regular season games

1) 2002 at Chicago - 23 point 4th quarter comeback, the biggest of Brady's career.

2) 2003 vs. Denver - The intentional safety, in my mind the defining coaching moment of Belichick's career.

3) 2007 at NY Giants - The history maker and Super Bowl preview.

4) 2003 vs. Tennessee - A wild, sloppy shootout. Mike Cloud's one (and only) breakout game. Just fun to watch.

5) 2007 at Indy - Beating the champs to regain our rightful place atop the AFC.

Best Brady Games

1 Pitt- 02
2 Chicago 02
3 Pitt 05
4 Dallas 07
5 NYG -07

Too many others too mention, but those 5 stand out to me..

1. Season opener after SB?
2. Dave Patten in the endzone to win game when we thought all was lost?
3. Playoff game? 04 they lost ty law in that game?
4 and 5. everyone shoould remember these.

the brady to moss 5 tds in a half was pretty good. buffalo game?

I also loved the Miami game at home in the snow with Bru's pick 6 and the snow being tossed into the air.

Jbb9s, I was really taken by that play. That Tedy did it and then the crowd response afterwards - it was very special. I remember thinking. "They have to do this year." These great moments have to be part of something larger. Many times they aren't, but that year they were. That was special because it was a moment in itself and also part of a great New England Patriot year.

Random placed:
07 vs. Chargers (regular season). All hacks and mediots really had it in for us hadn't they? Then we just blew away any opponent.

06 @ Vikings. What a perfoemance by Brady on that MNF game.

07 @ Giants. History in the making.

04 @ Bengals. Brady throwing compltions to Pat Pass whilst sitting on the ground - and chinched a playoff berth.

Plus most of the other games mentioned above.

Pats/Ravens this year was an instant classic for me.

We all know that the super bowls are special, and they have there own special place in is history, But what is your top 5 games from the Belichick Brady era..

1 Snow Bowl- Oak/Pats- quite possibly the best ever Pats game ever

2 AFC Title 2004- Pats vs Steelers- Brady was great that day, and so was our D

3 Pats vs Giants - The game that made history, I know it just happened, but that night was a great night , and probably one of the best reg season games ever in Pats histroy..

4 Pats vs Miami 03 - Brady to Brown, might have started a trend that led to a winning streak.

5 Pats vs Colts Div playoff 20-3 , was a classic game when people were saying the Colts were unbeatable..

Runners up- Pats /Colts 07 Pats Ravens 07 Pats Eagles 03- Hate your coach game
id have to put the steelers game (right after the snow bowl) as #2... without that/and bledsoe, we dont start the run

You know I was about to make a list and it was actually hard to decide 3-5.

We've been truley blessed with so many amazing moments during this era.

My first post but...

Favorite Pats game for me outside of the super bowls has to be the snow bowl game since I was there. Environment was unbelievable and definetly the most exciting game I've ever been to.

Anyone have that game on tape DVD or VHS I'd pay whatever for a copy. Drop me a PM

some of my favorites:

san diego 07, week 2. felt good after spying controversy

miami 03. brady to brown in OT

indy 03, regular season. amazing shootout, great goal line stand

indy 03, AFCCG. peyton throws 4 picks.

buffalo 03. beat them 31-0 after losing 0-31 in week 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey