Welcome to PatsFans.com

Top 3 SB Halftime Shows

Discussion in 'NFL Football Forum' started by Boomer B, Feb 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boomer B

Boomer B Rookie

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

1) U2 - the 9/11 names scrolling down as U2 play Where the Streets Have No Name was pretty emotional. Plus the Pats beat the Rams so it gets extra points.

2) Prince - cool versions of All Along the Watchtower and Best of You, then the he played Purple Rain as the actual rain poured down. Great performance.

3) Springsteen - Probably the most energetic performance I can remember. The Boss diving across the stage right into the camerman was pretty funny.

Worst performace - Black Eyed Peas or Madonna?
  2. Nikolai

Nikolai Football Atheist PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +507 / 1 / -1

#54 Jersey

I stopped watching SB halftime shows after the U2 show. Nothing could ever top it, and what little I've seen of shows in recent years tells me I did the right thing. I even missed the wardrobe malfunction.

U2 would have been the best regardless of who was playing. The country was still fragile and they hit all the perfect notes.
  3. Hammer of Thor

Hammer of Thor Rookie

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

How could you leave off Carol Channing, who performed twice???:eek:
  4. Boomer B

Boomer B Rookie

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

U2 were definately the best but you should youtube the Prince performance. I'm not a big Prince fan but he is a hell of a guitar player and he gave a great performance.
  5. jan08

jan08 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

As the biggest Prince fanboy it's possible to be, I'd have said Prince was the best no matter how he performed. The fact he put on such a great little show seals the deal
  6. resdubwhite

resdubwhite Rookie

Ratings:
    +70 / 0 / -0

No Jersey Selected

Don't take this the wrong way but Bono loves the opportunity to wring out a bit of an emotional highlight.

the man is a complete and utter dignityphobe. He'd arrive at any possible natural disaster to make himself look better.

Yes. I hate U2. I'm going for the wardrobe malfunction.
    the boss or Prince.
  7. Rob0729

Rob0729 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +720 / 5 / -3

I was in N'Orleans for the Super Bowl and the U2 halftime show was so much more amazing than it was on TV. The entire dome had the 9/11 victims names scrolling on it. Very powerful stuff.

I give Black Eyed Peas a pass because it was the sound system's fault that it sucked so badly. Even Madonna gets a bit of a free pass since she injured her leg a day or two before the show.
  8. BradfordPatsFan

BradfordPatsFan Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

1. U2
    2. Wardrobe Malfunction
    3. Whoever did SB 39

Other than that, I don't care.
  9. Steve:Section 102

Steve:Section 102 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Me too. Wasn't a dry eye in the house. It still gives me goosebumps watching it on DVD. I try to explain it to my kids, and i just can't capture it for 'em.

[​IMG]
  10. IllegalContact

IllegalContact On the Roster

Ratings:
    +322 / 4 / -9

there was only one worth watching.....U2/XXXVI

the rest of them provide a perfect opportunity to step out on the deck and spark up and pass the jager around
  11. Bravo777

Bravo777 Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

My favorite was Tom Petty, but...I try to block that Super Bowl from my memory. :(
  12. Boomer B

Boomer B Rookie

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

You can look at it the other way and say the time he gives to his charity (mainly Africa) could be spent performing concerts and recording. His time is pretty valuable and while he's doing charity work he could be earning more millions. He does more then almost any other celebrity.
  13. PATSYLICIOUS

PATSYLICIOUS Rookie

Ratings:
    +70 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

U2 obviously
    Michael Jackson
    Janet/Timberlake, but that wasn't really for the overall performance ;)

Worst- Black eyed peas. Maybe cuz I just hate them in an unhealthy manner altogether. But they were awful as predicted and seeing them butcher a classic GNR track still ticks me off. How was that allowed to happen? Slash you are dead to me
  14. PATRIOTSFANINPA

PATRIOTSFANINPA Rookie

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Paul McCartney was my favorite...the guy still has it
  15. sly24

sly24 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

What? Fergie was so off key that you would think she'd never sang live before. That is not the sound systems' fault. It's 100% on her. That was absolutely the worst half time show of all time (musically speaking). They just looked like a bunch of amateurs lol. I'm kind of sad with the choices the last few years (BEP, now Beyoncé). I want legendary bands (U2, McCartney, The Boss, Stones, The Who, etc.)
  16. Boomer B

Boomer B Rookie

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

McCartney was playing here a few months ago on a Sunday night and Springsteen was playing Monday night. Wife and I didn't want to have Grandma watch our daughter 2 nights in a row so we decided to go to the Springsteen show (which was amazing, best live performer I've seen and I've been to 100's of shows). My brothers went to the McCartney show and said he was great, playing better then most performers 40 years younger. I wish now I had gone to both shows.
  17. The Brandon Five

The Brandon Five Rookie

Ratings:
    +176 / 0 / -4

#75 Jersey

Yes on all three.

I don't about worst performance, but Tom Petty singing "Running Down a Dream" and "Free Falling" while the Giants were running down our dreams isn't a favorite memory.
  18. PatsDeb

PatsDeb PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -1

I would put Paul McCartney at No. 2 - he was awesome! and nominate the Kid Rock/Janet Jackson/Justin Timberlake debacle for worst ever. I was there and people in the audience couldn't even see what was going on there was so much smoke on the field. Black Eyed Peas second - they sounded horrible. I didn't think Madonnna was that bad.
  19. PatsDeb

PatsDeb PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -1

Agreed - I almost nominated Tom Petty, but then I thought I might be projecting my feelings about the game onto the performer!
  20. resdubwhite

resdubwhite Rookie

Ratings:
    +70 / 0 / -0

No Jersey Selected

N'ah. I'd rather being indignant about the tax dodging smug little prick. And his piss poor imitation of a rock band.

No offence. but not a fan
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.