Points Allowed 2008 pre-season
1. Detroit Lions
2. Miami Dolphins
3. Atlanta Falcons

Points Allowed 2007 regular season
32. Detroit Lions
23. Miami Dolphins
29. Atlanta Falcons

The preseason is clearly indicative of how the regular season will turn out. Packers, Cowboys and Pats fans should be very worried, as they rank 30, 29 and 27 respectively. Be afraid.

1. Detroit Lions
2. Miami Dolphins
3. Atlanta Falcons

32. Detroit Lions
23. Miami Dolphins
29. Atlanta Falcons

The preseason is clearly indicative of how the regular season will turn out. Packers, Cowboys and Pats fans should be very worried, as they rank 30, 29 and 27 respectively. Be afraid.

LOL - that's friggin classic. Nice thread :rocker:

This is classic, gives major credibility to the preseason...

1. Detroit Lions
2. Miami Dolphins
3. Atlanta Falcons

32. Detroit Lions
23. Miami Dolphins
29. Atlanta Falcons

excellent info....maybe more will wake up

1. Detroit Lions
2. Miami Dolphins
3. Atlanta Falcons

32. Detroit Lions
23. Miami Dolphins
29. Atlanta Falcons

I knew it! We're doomed!

So wait... you're saying that the preseason is NOT indicative of how a team will play in the regular season? I'm shocked. :eek:

1. Detroit Lions
2. Miami Dolphins
3. Atlanta Falcons

32. Detroit Lions
23. Miami Dolphins
29. Atlanta Falcons

I agree that preseason is NOT a good indicator, but your stats are bunk because you're talking about two different years. Try this:

2007 Preseason points allowed:

30 Tampa Bay
31 Detroit
32 Arizona

2007 Regular Season points allowed:

3 Tampa Bay
32 Detroit
27 Arizona

So, it's certainly possible to have a terrible preseason and turn it around (which is what I 100% expect from the Pats), but two out of three ended up more or less where you thought they would.

Edit: Looking at the comparisons one by one, it pretty much does seem completely random. Some preseason numbers were accurate, many were not. So, your point is valid, but you really shouldn't compare one year to another.

Last edited:
I agree that preseason is NOT a good indicator, but your stats are bunk because you're talking about two different years. Try this:

2007 Preseason points allowed:

30 Tampa Bay
31 Detroit
32 Arizona

2007 Regular Season points allowed:

3 Tampa Bay
32 Detroit
27 Arizona

So, it's certainly possible to have a terrible preseason and turn it around (which is what I 100% expect from the Pats), but two out of three ended up more or less where you thought they would.

Edit: Looking at the comparisons one by one, it pretty much does seem completely random. Some preseason numbers were accurate, many were not. So, your point is valid, but you really shouldn't compare one year to another.

I was about to post those numbers as well, but didn't feel like looking up again.

good thing Matt cassel didn't play a full game

we wouldn't have scored a td and we'd be ranked bottom 3 in offense

And again, in a thread about relating preseason defenses to regular season defenses, I'm failing to see the point.

And again, in a thread about relating preseason defenses to regular season defenses, I'm failing to see the point.

I read the thread quickly and thought it was defense correlating to offense. but really I wanted to illustrate Cassel's play.

Another thing that needs an answer: when was the last time the Pats finished the preseason above .500 in the Belichick era?

Another thing that needs an answer: when was the last time the Pats finished the preseason above .500 in the Belichick era?

4-0 during the 2003 Super Bowl season.

But we were 1-3 during the 2004 Super Bowl season, as were the '06 Colts and '07 Giants.

This might be my new favorite factoid! :D
1. Detroit Lions
2. Miami Dolphins
3. Atlanta Falcons

32. Detroit Lions
23. Miami Dolphins
29. Atlanta Falcons

1. Detroit Lions
2. Miami Dolphins
3. Atlanta Falcons

32. Detroit Lions
23. Miami Dolphins
29. Atlanta Falcons

We will never win the preseason superbowl at this rate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes