PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Top 20 players

Status
Not open for further replies.
BRIZ,

Originally Posted by PatsandTrojans55

Okay let's take that out of the equation, If they could have anybody, Chris Long is still not their Top choice in this draft. I know this for a fact. Will they draft him at #7 maybe but he's not their Top Prospect.

Who is then? You understand the impact Chris Long would have on our defense which needs upgrading compared to our O. He is a prototype 3-4 beast with great character (father is Howie Long) probably the safest pick in the draft. Who do you have above him and why?

To the Patriots if were talking about them. With all due respect for your adoration of DRC. The fact is the Patriots are not in love with this kid and he is currently not in thier Top 4-5 of corners in this draft. I know this to be true as of now. What you want to watch for in regards to DRC is if they bring him to foxboro before the draft to follow up on what they told him to improve on. If they call him up it might be a possible pick but right now they like some others and absolutely LOVE at least 3 guys right now that are coming to visit foxboro ahead of DRC. There is hope if your a DRC fan but they weren't that excited about Antonio and they're not enamored with DRC at this time.

How do you know he is not in their top 4-5 corners? How do you know who they LOVE? Please explain yourself.

To the Pats he's not the best player by far to them and he's not the Top RB to them either. They like him though but not that much.

Its possible they could covet a defensive player over an offensive player. Again how do you know that he is not the top RB to them either? You talk like you have inside info from Belichick and Pioli's mouth themselves but provide no proof of anything. All im taking into account is evaluating players in the draft, and McFadden is the best RB by a long shot imo.

It's actually the opposite in their minds and they think Trevor Laws and Ellis are similar in there stature and both would be very capable 3-4 NT's.

Well i dont think the Pats will even be drafting a dlineman in the first place thats why Dorsey and Ellis are so far down on the list, they wouldnt even upgrade any of the guys we got now. I dont see Ellis as a nose tackle, he is prototype 4-3 rush tackle.

Again Good job.
Iknow alot of fans have their heart set on certain players but the Pats don't think that way most of the time.[/B]

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Last edited:
BRIZ,

Okay let's take that out of the equation, If they could have anybody, Chris Long is still not their Top choice in this draft. I know this for a fact. Will they draft him at #7 maybe but he's not their Top Prospect.

Who is then? You understand the impact Chris Long would have on our defense which needs upgrading compared to our O. He is a prototype 3-4 beast with great character (father is Howie Long) probably the safest pick in the draft. Who do you have above him and why?

I cleary understand his "Potential" and he's a "Great kid I know that for sure and with great character, but he's not the safest pick in this draft. In fact, no conversion player is a safe pick because you don't know if he's guaranteed to succeed. The Best player and their Top pick when you consider value, talent and dollar is Jake Long and it's not close. Finally, it's not who I have above him it's the 7+ options the Pats feel are better than simply taking Chris. When it comes to Chris see what I said about Gholston and like I've been saying it will suprise alot of people where they value Chris Long.

To the Patriots if were talking about them. With all due respect for your adoration of DRC. The fact is the Patriots are not in love with this kid and he is currently not in thier Top 4-5 of corners in this draft. I know this to be true as of now. What you want to watch for in regards to DRC is if they bring him to foxboro before the draft to follow up on what they told him to improve on. If they call him up it might be a possible pick but right now they like some others and absolutely LOVE at least 3 guys right now that are coming to visit foxboro ahead of DRC. There is hope if your a DRC fan but they weren't that excited about Antonio and they're not enamored with DRC at this time.

How do you know he is not in their top 4-5 corners? How do you know who they LOVE? Please explain yourself.

I know some things to be true is all.

To the Pats he's not the best player by far to them and he's not the Top RB to them either. They like him though but not that much.

Its possible they could covet a defensive player over an offensive player. Again how do you know that he is not the top RB to them either? You talk like you have inside info from Belichick and Pioli's mouth themselves but provide no proof of anything. All im taking into account is evaluating players in the draft, and McFadden is the best RB by a long shot imo.

This I'll explain this way. They believe Laurence is by far more explosive and is one of the best playmakers at the position already and that McFadden just doesn't compare favorably to Laurence. That's why the RB they are looking at would be a replacement for Sammy Morris. Big, Powerful but nimble back where that totally eliminates McFadden.

It's actually the opposite in their minds and they think Trevor Laws and Ellis are similar in there stature and both would be very capable 3-4 NT's.

Well i dont think the Pats will even be drafting a dlineman in the first place thats why Dorsey and Ellis are so far down on the list, they wouldnt even upgrade any of the guys we got now. I dont see Ellis as a nose tackle, he is prototype 4-3 rush tackle.

Not to them and they will draft a D-Lineman in this draft. It's a matter of when/where not so much if.

BRIZ,

I cleary understand his "Potential" and he's a "Great kid I know that for sure and with great character, but he's not the safest pick in this draft. In fact, no conversion player is a safe pick because you don't know if he's guaranteed to succeed. The Best player and their Top pick when you consider value, talent and dollar is Jake Long and it's not close. Finally, it's not who I have above him it's the 7+ options the Pats feel are better than simply taking Chris. When it comes to Chris see what I said about Gholston and like I've been saying it will suprise alot of people where they value Chris Long.

This I'll explain this way. They believe Laurence is by far more explosive and is one of the best playmakers at the position already and that McFadden just doesn't compare favorably to Laurence. That's why the RB they are looking at would be a replacement for Sammy Morris. Big, Powerful but nimble back where that totally eliminates McFadden.

Not to them and they will draft a D-Lineman in this draft. It's a matter of when/where not so much if.

What do you believe then is the Patriots top 10 list of players? And who are the 3 players that they love?

Last edited:
BRIZ,

Chris Long doesnt have "Potential", he is -already- a great football player and his transition to whatever he plays will be easy. He is not a conversion project like Gholston. Jake Long is #2 on my list did you not see that? That is not very far away from Chris Long yet you are freaking out and talking like Chris Long is a scrub or something and should not even be close to being the Pats top prospect. lol Jake Long could very well be their top pick but you need to factor in that we already have a solid young Oline signed for a long time (with alot of money going to Light not to mention) and have an aging defense that needs upgrading especially at the linebacker spot. Theres no way the Pats pass on Chris Long for anyone in this draft imo.

And you are making no sense. Provide proof when you say the pats love this or that prospect else stop posting stupid crap. DRC is the best CB in this draft and you are delusional if you think the Pats have 4-5 CB rated ahead of him.

Thats not a fact, you dont know what they believe. We dont need a powerback everybody always is enamored with powerbacks well if the Pats wanted one they wouldnt have drafted Maroney! I never said McFadden would replace Maroney infact he would replace Morris initially and would split carries with Maroney.

They wont be drafting a dlineman they have Seymour, Wilfork, Warren all tied up long term with Jarvis Green and the just resigned Mike Wright. Theres no dlineman in the draft that would upgrade any of our starters and we have good depth on the dline.

What do yoy believe then is the Patriots top 10 list of players? And who are the 3 players that they love?

Mike,
What your asking for is a Top-10 lists 42 days from the draft. That's way more complicated then just jotting down Ten names. The Patriots look at players and possible options. The truth is they are not done gathering all their information yet so a Top- 10 I won't do based on what I know because it's not complete yet now, As of today.
The 3 players I talked about was at corner and there is more than 3 they prefer to DRC.
1. Cason
2. Talib
3. Jenkins

They have above DRC for sure at this point. But like I said there are more.

You keep saying "they" as if you think you know what the Patriots think. Do you have inside info, or are you just making guesses and trying to impress us by using the "they" pronoun as if you have a right to speak for what the Patriots organization wants?

BRIZ,

BRIZ,

Chris Long doesnt have "Potential", he is -already- a great football player and his transition to whatever he plays will be easy. He is not a conversion project like Gholston. Jake Long is #2 on my list did you not see that? That is not very far away from Chris Long yet you are freaking out and talking like Chris Long is a scrub or something and should not even be close to being the Pats top prospect. lol Jake Long could very well be their top pick but you need to factor in that we already have a solid young Oline signed for a long time (with alot of money going to Light not to mention) and have an aging defense that needs upgrading especially at the linebacker spot. Theres no way the Pats pass on Chris Long for anyone in this draft imo.

And you are making no sense. Provide proof when you say the pats love this or that prospect else stop posting stupid crap. DRC is the best CB in this draft and you are delusional if you think the Pats have 4-5 CB rated ahead of him.

Thats not a fact, you dont know what they believe. We dont need a powerback everybody always is enamored with powerbacks well if the Pats wanted one they wouldnt have drafted Maroney! I never said McFadden would replace Maroney infact he would replace Morris initially and would split carries with Maroney.

They wont be drafting a dlineman they have Seymour, Wilfork, Warren all tied up long term with Jarvis Green and the just resigned Mike Wright. Theres no dlineman in the draft that would upgrade any of our starters and we have good depth on the dline.

Okay Briz,

Your talking about this from an "Emotional Fan" stand point and giving "Your Opinion" on what you think the Patriots feel. By the way there's nothing wrong with that but your being irrational in your thinking and are not able to put your feelings aside and think like they think.

I'm not going to reveal my sources or who I am just to prove somebody wrong on a message board. That to me is a shallow minded person. I don't get my kicks off proving people wrong on message boards. I'm right more times than not when it matters. I'm just giving you some other ways to think and players to do more research on and if you don't believe me or choose to think I'm crazy or full of it then I certainly wont hold it against you or anybody else.

I'm not trying to change what you feel but your wrong about a number of players including Chris Long. He's not ready to be an OLB right now.

You keep saying "they" as if you think you know what the Patriots think. Do you have inside info, or are you just making guesses and trying to impress us by using the "they" pronoun as if you have a right to speak for what the Patriots organization wants?

I don't deal in guesses because its like assumptions and rumours and will get you in trouble. I'm also not trying to impress anybody on here either. I simply don't have anything to come here and prove. (No offense to anybody) I just don't know who most of you are, nor have met most of you. Finally, I'm not the Pats press secretary or involved with their public relations department so no I don't speak for them. I know what I know for what it is. I do know what they're kicking the tires on.

BRIZ,

Okay Briz,

Your talking about this from an "Emotional Fan" stand point and giving "Your Opinion" on what you think the Patriots feel. By the way there's nothing wrong with that but your being irrational in your thinking and are not able to put your feelings aside and think like they think.

I'm not going to reveal my sources or who I am just to prove somebody wrong on a message board. That to me is a shallow minded person. I don't get my kicks off proving people wrong on message boards. I'm right more times than not when it matters. I'm just giving you some other ways to think and players to do more research on and if you don't believe me or choose to think I'm crazy or full of it then I certainly wont hold it against you or anybody else.

I'm not trying to change what you feel but your wrong about a number of players including Chris Long. He's not ready to be an OLB right now.

Not really im not coming out and saying "this is what the Pats want, or this is how the Pats feel, or this is who they are currently interested in", like you are. You provide no proof other than i have sources and such, thats not gunna fly.

Im just evaluating the players in the draft like everyone else and saying who i think is good and taking into consideration the Pats needs and offseason moves who I think they should draft. Just so you know i found Meriweather last year back in January before anyone knew who he was, and consistently defended him all the way up to draft day from other pats fans that called him a thug and said the pats would never draft him. I knew they were going to draft him why? First hes a good football player, and has qualities in a safety not many safeties posses. Second I saw back two or three years ago that Eugene Wilson was a horrible safety and needed to be replaced, not many people agreed but i searched for a FS and found one in Meriweather. The draft before that i said to take Antonio Cromartie in round one and use one of our two thirds to trade up for Devin Hester. I know who the good players are.

Im sorry but not to sound like a jerk but everything you said was pretty much wrong. And if the pats are really interested in what you said they are then we are pretty much screwed this draft.

Not really im not coming out and saying "this is what the Pats want, or this is how the Pats feel, or this is who they are currently interested in", like you are. You provide no proof other than i have sources and such, thats not gunna fly.

Im just evaluating the players in the draft like everyone else and saying who i think is good and taking into consideration the Pats needs and offseason moves who I think they should draft. Just so you know i found Meriweather last year back in January before anyone knew who he was, and consistently defended him all the way up to draft day from other pats fans that called him a thug and said the pats would never draft him. I knew they were going to draft him why? First hes a good football player, and has qualities in a safety not many safeties posses. Second I saw back two or three years ago that Eugene Wilson was a horrible safety and needed to be replaced, not many people agreed but i searched for a FS and found one in Meriweather. The draft before that i said to take Antonio Cromartie in round one and use one of our two thirds to trade up for Devin Hester. I know who the good players are.

Im sorry but not to sound like a jerk but everything you said was pretty much wrong. And if the pats are really interested in what you said they are then we are pretty much screwed this draft.

Congratulations on your proven track record. The only thing I know about you is that you know more than anyone, you have poor reading comprehension and you have a tendency to insult everyone who differs from your opinion.

PatsandTrojans55 seems to have people he talks with that have an idea on who the Pats like. I appreciate the view but then again, so what?

1. Whoa, whoa....draftnicks had been watching Brandon Merriweather since the 2005 season. I included him on my "players to watch" list in Summer of '06, and many posters agreed, knowing exactly who he was. You certainly did not "find" him in January 1997.

2. Your last sentence concerns me. So if PT55 actually has legitimate insights into the Patriots organization, and everything he says is right on the money, you're claiming that you know better than Belichick? Sounds a bit egotistical, not to mention delusional. Ron Borges wrote something like that once.

1. Whoa, whoa....draftnicks had been watching Brandon Merriweather since the 2005 season. I included him on my "players to watch" list in Summer of '06, and many posters agreed, knowing exactly who he was. You certainly did not "find" him in January 1997.

2. Your last sentence concerns me. So if PT55 actually has legitimate insights into the Patriots organization, and everything he says is right on the money, you're claiming that you know better than Belichick? Sounds a bit egotistical, not to mention delusional. Ron Borges wrote something like that once.

heh dryheat i was talking about over on the ESPN message boards, i didnt join over here until recently (since the Pats board over on ESPN got nuked by trolls after the SB lol) so if you guys had Meriweather pegged props. But over on ESPN i was almost raped by every reg over there and had to battle with them to just say his name on the board, and when they ended up drafting him it was kinda funny.

Im not claiming i know more then BB but im really concerned if he does have inside info for the stuff he said because its not even close to be correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back