Top 20 of 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Top 20 of 2011
By: Mike Procopio

With the NFL Network making us wait another week to see the 10 of the remaining 20 players left in the Top 100 of 2011. I put together my Top 20 players of 2011 (based on who hasn’t been taken yet in the NFL’s Top 100). Call it hometown bias, but I’m going with the facts that Tom Brady tops this list of players. The first ever unanimous MVP winner gets the nod, followed by our Super Bowl MVP right behind him.

Hey with the owners meeting this week to try and sort this mess out, what else do we have to talk about? Big Ben letting us know the Steelers had some offensive workouts? Michael Vick signing autographs in NJ? Let’s have some fun with this…

Last edited by a moderator:
Vick,Hillis,Mendenhall too high

Revis is too low.

And you have two Ed Reed's on there...one ranked 14 the other 17. I'm guessing the true Ed Reed is 14 since he has to be better than Polamalu.

that should have read ngata on the second one. i was moving things around.. good catch

hard to say Vick and Mendenhall are two high.. Outside of Brady who was better than Vick last year.. Rodgers.. I am not a Vick fan by any means but he had a great year.

Mendenhall in the top 20?? Really? And Revis is definitely a top 5 player on this list.

You also dont have Ray Lewis in your top 20. Might as well go ahead and throw him in there somewhere. Probably in the top 10, matter of fact. Not that Id agree with that, necessarily.

1,500 total yards - 13 TDs.. he belongs there.

With Revis, he is a great player, prob the best corner in the league. But let's look at it this way, and I'm sure the "well they don't throw his way" arguement is coming out.

The guy had 32 total tackles.. 0 INT's .. 0 Sacks.. and 0 FF.

With Revis, he is a great player, prob the best corner in the league. But let's look at it this way, and I'm sure the "well they don't throw his way" arguement is coming out.

Its being voted on by the coaches and players, or is it just the players??...., if Im not mistaken. That particular line of stats wont mean a thing. He's as dominant at his position, perhaps more so, than any other in the league. He's a top 5 player without question.

I'll say it again. Rashard Mendenhall?? Really? He didnt even make the top 100.

Where's Julius Peppers, by the way? He wouldnt be in your top 20?

Peyton Hillis in the top 10 and over guys like Ngata and Revis? I don't think so.

Hillis isnt in the top 100, you have him in the top 10?? Turner was already picked at 42. Lewis and Peppers are on in place of these 2. You can argue Lewis, but with all the UM and players voting..he's there. Mendenhall is NOT the best player on his team....not 2nd best, or even 3rd so he certainly is NOT there. :bricks:

here is my top 20 of 2011

#1 Tom Brady, 3,900 yerds passing 36 TD's only 4 INT's set NFL record for most pass at with out a INT and first ever unanimous MVP.

#2 Michael Vick, 3,018 yerds passing 21 TD's 6 INT's 676 yerd rushing with 9 TD's and pretty much took the eagels from a 7 win team at best to a playoff team.

#3 Philip Rivers, he lead the NFL is passing yerds with 4,710 yerds he had 30 TD's and 13 INT's

#4 Arian Foster, lead the NFL with 1,616 yerds russhing he had 606 yerds Receiving and 18 total TD's

#5 DeMarcus Ware, lead the NFL in sacks with 15.5

#6 Ndamukong Suh, 10 sacks DROTY and was pretty much the best DT in all of football.

#7 Ed Reed, lead the NFL in INT's with 8

#8 Dwayne Bowe, 72 rec 1,162 yerds Receiving and lead the NFL with 15 Receiving TD's

#9 Peyton Manning, 4,700 yerds passing 33 TD's 17 INT's and got he's team in the playoffs again.

#10 Darrelle Revis, he did not put up any stats but he is the best CB in the NFL.

#11 Brandon Lloyd, lead the NFL with 1,448 Receiving yerds and had 11 TD's

#12 Roddy White, lead the NFL with 115 rec and had 1,389 yerds Receiving and 10 TD's

#13 Troy Polamalu, 63 tackles 7 INT's and takes that steelers defense from out of the top 10 to best in the NFL when he's in the game.

#14 Jerod Mayo, lead the NFL in tackles with 175 and also had 2 sacks

#15 Tamba Hali, 14.5 sacks and also had 2 sacks in the playoffs

#16 Logan Mankins, who can say with you want about him but he's one of the reasons why Brady had the season he had he's the best G in the NFL.

#17 Clay Matthews, 13.5 sacks and also had 3.5 sacks in the playoffs

#18 Jamaal Charles, 1,467 yerds rushing and an amazing 6.4 avg per att

#19 Aaron Rodgers, 3,922 passing yerds 28 TD's 11 INT's and SB MVP

#20 Nick Mangold, best C in the NFL hands down.

Did you really just use stats to evaluate a corner back? Especially one who missed a number of games in 2011?

Did you really just use stats to evaluate a corner back? Especially one who missed a number of games in 2011?

It's not as if putting Revis a bit low for your tastes was the worst part of the article. He's got Mendenhall as a top player, for goodness' sakes.

It's not as if putting Revis a bit low for your tastes was the worst part of the article. He's got Mendenhall as a top player, for goodness' sakes.

Have to agree there, Mendenhall was overrated even more than Revis was underrated...but still.

Stats for a cornerback? Come on...

Have to agree there, Mendenhall was overrated even more than Revis was underrated...but still.

Relax .... we may hate the jersey, but deep down - as much as we hate to admit - we all pretty much acknowledge how good a player he is.

Mendenahll, on the other hand, does not at this point in his career deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as Revis, Polamalu, Brady, Manning, Brees, Foster, Ngata, Ed Reed, Andre Johnson, Chris Johnson, AP, Ware, Fitzgerald, etcetera; would you agree?

I don't disagree with your premise, especially because teams actively avoid throwing against guys like Asomugha and Revis. I'm just saying that the article had much bigger problems.

Mendenhall's on the list.
5 of the top 6 players were QBs.
Chris Johnson's on the list above Larry Fitzgerald (did the author ever take a look at who was throwing the ball in Arizona?).
Half the list is QBs and RBs.

here is my top 20 of 2011

#1 Tom Brady, 3,900 yerds passing 36 TD's only 4 INT's set NFL record for most pass at with out a INT and first ever unanimous MVP.

#2 Michael Vick, 3,018 yerds passing 21 TD's 6 INT's 676 yerd rushing with 9 TD's and pretty much took the eagels from a 7 win team at best to a playoff team.

#3 Philip Rivers, he lead the NFL is passing yerds with 4,710 yerds he had 30 TD's and 13 INT's

#4 Arian Foster, lead the NFL with 1,616 yerds russhing he had 606 yerds Receiving and 18 total TD's

#5 DeMarcus Ware, lead the NFL in sacks with 15.5

#6 Ndamukong Suh, 10 sacks DROTY and was pretty much the best DT in all of football.

#7 Ed Reed, lead the NFL in INT's with 8

#8 Dwayne Bowe, 72 rec 1,162 yerds Receiving and lead the NFL with 15 Receiving TD's

#9 Peyton Manning, 4,700 yerds passing 33 TD's 17 INT's and got he's team in the playoffs again.

#10 Darrelle Revis, he did not put up any stats but he is the best CB in the NFL.

#11 Brandon Lloyd, lead the NFL with 1,448 Receiving yerds and had 11 TD's

#12 Roddy White, lead the NFL with 115 rec and had 1,389 yerds Receiving and 10 TD's

#13 Troy Polamalu, 63 tackles 7 INT's and takes that steelers defense from out of the top 10 to best in the NFL when he's in the game.

#14 Jerod Mayo, lead the NFL in tackles with 175 and also had 2 sacks

#15 Tamba Hali, 14.5 sacks and also had 2 sacks in the playoffs

#16 Logan Mankins, who can say with you want about him but he's one of the reasons why Brady had the season he had he's the best G in the NFL.

#17 Clay Matthews, 13.5 sacks and also had 3.5 sacks in the playoffs

#18 Jamaal Charles, 1,467 yerds rushing and an amazing 6.4 avg per att

#19 Aaron Rodgers, 3,922 passing yerds 28 TD's 11 INT's and SB MVP

#20 Nick Mangold, best C in the NFL hands down.

I like your list......not gonna make my head explode by quibbling about the order.....no logic here,just manlove.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back