PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Top 100 NFL Players- per Prisco

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jason Witten 19th best player? Way, way, way, way overrated! Good player. But, come on.

Garbage, just like it always is. I stopped once I saw Suh at 12.

It's interesting. Brady, McCourty, Wilfork and Mayo make the list, plus Wes and Mankins "just miss." But, Asante and Seymour also make the list. Cassel is another "just miss."

So, six of his top 100 play or played for the Patriots. When you add in the "just miss" players, nine of the top 116, play or played for the Patriots.

Oops. Looks like the Sanchize didn't even make the "just miss" list.

Last edited:
Manning has the numbers over Brady? Longevity only.

Brady has a higher rating, TD%, INT%. His TD:INT ratio is off-the-charts at over 2.5:1, while Manning's is at a normal Hall of Fame level of 2:1. I posted some splits last year, and basically it compared Brady and Manning when they play in the same conditions. Brady beat Manning in every category.

Sorry, but to say there is no separation? Manning just proved last year he is the the only piece needed for the Colts to be successful- as long as he has first round talent all around him. Brady's '10 season reminded me of '06 when he just proved in reality what people have used in theory for so many years about Manning- that he truly can carry a bunch of unheralded players on his shoulders.

Also, Mike Williams at number 99??? He had a career comeback season and played to his peak potential- racking up 750 yards and 2 TDs. Wes Welker is better by the length of five football fields. Branch, Gronkowski, Woodhead, Hernandez, and about fifty other receivers are better.

Definitely should be a mention for Gronk, since McCourty was on there despite just one year of action. Gronk is definitely in the class of the tight ends mentioned there, but the offense is more spread out. If Gronk were the focal point of the offense like those two guys, he would have already eclipsed their production.

Last edited:
Hate to say it but Revis is way way way too low. He takes D Ware's spot at number 3. Ngata is also way too low. Dwight Freeney's over ratedness continues to amaze me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye