PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Top 10 WR prospects plus sleepers

Status
Not open for further replies.

It looks to be a good year for WRs, I am in the minority but I expect the Pats to take a Day 1 WR, maybe even round 1 (Ginn, Meachem, Bowe maybe Rice).

Also if Troy Brown retires a guy I have my eye on is Ryne Robinson. He is listed as a round 6 guy but based on the impact of players like Hester I think if he is there at the end of round 4 the Patriots should consider him. He has averaged over 5 catched per game and 14.3 YPC. While he will primarily be a returner he could be an excellent 4th or 5th WR.

Although a little unconventional imagine the speed we would have with the following group... who knows if they can learn the play book or stay on the field but as a 4 X 100 team it would be pretty fast.

Gaffney (4.56), Caldwell (4.53), Ginn (4.35), Jackson (4.32), Robinson (4.45)

Ryne Robinson, WR, Miami (OHIO)
Height: 5-09 Weight: 178

From NFL Draft Scout
"In football, Robinson started 29 of 50 games. He caught 258 passes for 3,697 yards (14.3 avg) and 22 touchdowns. He rushed 25 times for 122 yards (4.9 avg) and completed 4 of 7 passes (57.1 percent) for 120 yards and a score. Robinson gained 1,677 yards on 121 punt returns (13.9 avg) and seven touchdowns, all school and conference records. He also had eight kickoff returns for 135 yards (16.9 avg) and recorded one solo tackle. The speedy athlete finished his career with 5,656 all-purpose yards, an average of 113.12 yards per game."

Last edited:
I like Ryne Robinson, saw him in an allstar game, and he definately caught my eye, would be a good all around WR/Returner type.

NFL Network had some of the Senior Bowl practices on again today and in watching again I was very impressed with

Chansi Stuckey WR 5-10, 185 Clemson

He seriously reminded me of Branch in size and quickness. He was very shifty and Mayotte talked about how Clemson likes to use him in space and let him use his skills for YAC. He's probably a 3rd or 4th rounder unless he blows and insane 40 at the combine. I have him listed at 4.42 in the forty but I'll be looking forward to his cone drill time. I'd be shocked if it's not really quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes