PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Top 10 Touchdowns in Patriot History

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lifer

Banned
Reaction score
In no particular order. Feel free to add and discuss!!!

1. 1974 - TD pass to Bob Windsor to beat the Vikings
2. 1976 - Grogan to Stingley bomb to win in Pittsburgh
3. 1985 - Grogan bootleg to beat the Jets
4. 1985 - Mosi Taptupi ices AFC Championship!!
5. 1986 - Eason to Fryer Hail Mary at the Rams
6. 1986 - Grogan to Morgan in Mimai to win AFC East
7. 1996 - Otis Smith runback of fumble ices AFC Championship!!
8. 1998 - lumped together: Bledsoes TD passes in consecutive weeks at
end to beat Miami and Buffalo
9. 2001- Ty Law in SB 36
10. 2003 - Brady's bomb to Troy Brown in OT in Miami, just days after the Grady Little disaster, New Englanders hearts were revived!!!

Last edited:
While not as historically significant, Ray Crittendend's (please excuse spelling) catch in the corner of the end zone vs Miami was amazing.

--Larry

Where The F Is Brady's Scramble In The Snow Against Oakland?

How many of these are available on youtube? I'm guessing just the two most recent but if there are more I'd love to see it.

Others to consider
1994 vs Bears- Bledsoe bullet to Thompson clinches playoff berth
1993 vs Dolphins- Bledsoe to Timpson 36 yards knocks miami out of playoffs
2004 vs Eagles- Super bowl td by dillon
2001 vs Rams- Brady to Patten in Super Bowl
1985 at Raiders- Sweep by James for a td (famous Hannah block)
2001 vs chargers- Brady to Wiggins (first brady comeback)

One more...

Brady to Moss 60 yard game winning TD pass, 2007-08 Superbowl
(hasn't happened yet, but will)

How about

The Bledsoe pass to David Patten in the Afc Championship. Coming of the bench after so long

The brady to david Givins in Denver after the intentional saftey

Pardon the spelling

Last edited:
In no particular order. Feel free to add and discuss!!!

1. 1974 - TD pass to Bob Windsor to beat the Vikings
2. 1976 - Grogan to Stingley bomb to win in Pittsburgh
3. 1985 - Grogan bootleg to beat the Jets
4. 1985 - Mosi Taptupi ices AFC Championship!!
5. 1986 - Eason to Fryer Hail Mary at the Rams
6. 1986 - Grogan to Morgan in Mimai to win AFC East
7. 1996 - Otis Smith runback of fumble ices AFC Championship!!
8. 1998 - lumped together: Bledsoes TD passes in consecutive weeks at
end to beat Miami and Buffalo
9. 2001- Ty Law in SB 36
10. 2003 - Brady's bomb to Troy Brown in OT in Miami, just days after the Grady Little disaster, New Englanders hearts were revived!!!
I can't speak about TDs pre-1984, but I like your list...mostly. Numbers 3 and 4 are cool, but I'm not sure if they are top-10 material. I'd replace Tatupu's AFCCG TD with the fumble he caused and was recovered by Bowman for a TD that beat LA the week before.

I'd include:

- Branch's 60yd TD in AFCCG (Brady's flu game)
- Moss' TD in triple coverage vs. Jets (instant classic)

Since this happened in the preseason, it only deserves honorable mention, but is without a doubt the coolest TD the Pats have ever scored:

1987 at Vikings: Pats receive opening kickoff and start on their own 20. Grogan hands off to Tatupu who immediately is swallowed up by Chris Doleman (one of the NFL's best DEs at the time). The Vikings fans cheer loudly for the stuff, but a funny thing happened. The play was actually a flea flicker that Doleman made difficult, but not impossible. Doleman spun Mosi around so Doleman was actually between him and Grogan, but as Mosi was going to the ground he was able to flip the ball around Doleman to Grogan. Grogan took the returned toss and looked downfield to a wide open Stanley Morgan and hit him in stride for the 80yd TD. The Vikings fans went from cheers to silence in seconds.

Only in the preseason would a player attempt an insane flip back to his QB while being smothered by the D as Mosi was.

Regards,
Chris

P.S. I have a special place in my heart for #5 on your list. Big Ben Right was the call. What a great way to win a game.

Last edited:
My two favorites are both against the Stillers...

11) Brady to Branch in the AFC Championship, to help beat the 15-1 Steelers at home.
12) Blocked kick in 3 Rivers in the AFC Championship, on our way to NO and the first Superbowl championship.

Brady's TD to Branch against Pitt,that really set the tone for that game and it was a beautiful throw and catch.

One more...

Game winning...in the first quarter as the Pats romp 38-3.

Regards,
Chris

How about

The Bledsoe pass to David Patten in the Afc Championship. Coming of the bench after so long

The brady to david Givins in Denver after the intentional saftey

Pardon the spelling

good ones too

since you grouped two together, what about the 3 by patten? one running, one passing and one receiving, all in one game

How about Ellis Hobbs longest play in NFL history? Shoes going to the hall of fame?

How about Ellis Hobbs longest play in NFL history? Shoes going to the hall of fame?

Amen, brother. If you hadn't mentioned that one, I would have.

[FYI, it's actually a tie for longest play--Nathan Vasher and Devin Hester also had 108-yard returns of blocked FGs--but it's the longest KO return in NFL history, and may very well never be broken (until/unless the NFL makes fields longer :) ).]

One more...

In the 1st quarter. I mean, we will be playing the NFC in the Super Bowl, right?

I like the one in the 2001 AFCCG where we blocked a field goal and Troy Brown recovered and lateraled to Antwan Harris

I kind of liked a certain blocked FG runback, even if it was later determined to have involved a forward lateral.

I think there was also a punt return TD in that game that was pretty sweet.

since you grouped two together, what about the 3 by patten? one running, one passing and one receiving, all in one game
that also happened like 20 somthing years to the date last person to do that before him was Walter Payton they made a big deal about it here in chicago :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots