PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Top 10 Super Bowls of all time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately, a 3rd Patriot SB is #1.:(

That's why I can never bring myself to watch NFL Network's "Top 10 Super Bowls" program. I know that one is going to be on the list.

I don't see how the game that shall not be named is #1 over SB38.

And I'm surprised 32 (Green Bay-Denver) wasn't on there at all. But with 45 games I suppose it's getting narrower.

It's only because of it stopped the perfect season, it's not because the game was actually that good. I agree super bowl 38 was the best super ever. If they put records aside and all and it went right down to what was the best game 42 wouldn't be that high.

There was one turnover, and the game was pretty much a snoozefest until like the last 7 minutes.

Eh if we look at it from a non pats fan perspective I can see why that game garnered so much interest a 18-0 team on the verge of perfection and the Spygate scandal before it making us the ultimate villain vs a team that had to win all their playoff games on the road facing the ultimate team. Perfect story for the media

If the Pats are 14-2 that season it's one of the worst Superbowls of the decade. I understand the perfect season aspect of it, and maybe that warrants making the list, but number 1? Hardly. It's only because of the 18-0 and a New York team being involved.

Last edited:
It's only because of it stopped the perfect season, it's not because the game was actually that good. I agree super bowl 38 was the best super ever. If they put records aside and all and it went right down to what was the best game 42 wouldn't be that high.
I think similarly many considered (or still consider) SB3 to be the best/greatest ever. It may have been the biggest from a historical perspective as it showed people for the first time that the AFL was just as good as the NFL; that game was rather boring and not really that well played. On a side note many incorrectly credit that game with forcing the merger; in reality the merger had already been agreed upon thanks to Al Davis.

Without much thought, here's my top ten:

SB23 (1988 season): 49ers 20, Bengals 16
SB36 (2001 season): Pats 20, Rams 17
SB25 (1990 season): Giants 20, Bills 19
SB13 (1978 season): Steelers 35, Cowboys 31
SB38 (2003 season): Pats 32, Panthers 29
SB32 (1997 season): Broncos 31, Packers 24
SB34 (1999 season): Rams 23, Titans 16
SB10 (1975 season): Steelers 21, Cowboys 17
SB43 (2008 season): Steelers 27, Cardinals 23
SB30 (1995 season): Cowboys 27, Steelers 17

That's because you're a Pats fan. if I weren't a fan, I'd absolutely agree with that.

I think the Steelers Cards from '08 was the best I have ever seen.

Second would be Rams/Titans 99/2000??

ETA: Saints/Colts was great a couple of years back... That onside kick to open the half was EPIC.

Last edited:
I think similarly many considered (or still consider) SB3 to be the best/greatest ever. It may have been the biggest from a historical perspective as it showed people for the first time that the AFL was just as good as the NFL; that game was rather boring and not really that well played. On a side note many incorrectly credit that game with forcing the merger; in reality the merger had already been agreed upon thanks to Al Davis.

Without much thought, here's my top ten:

SB23 (1988 season): 49ers 20, Bengals 16
SB36 (2001 season): Pats 20, Rams 17
SB25 (1990 season): Giants 20, Bills 19
SB13 (1978 season): Steelers 35, Cowboys 31
SB38 (2003 season): Pats 32, Panthers 29
SB32 (1997 season): Broncos 31, Packers 24
SB34 (1999 season): Rams 23, Titans 16
SB10 (1975 season): Steelers 21, Cowboys 17
SB43 (2008 season): Steelers 27, Cardinals 23
SB30 (1995 season): Cowboys 27, Steelers 17

as much as i hate denver , i thought that denver GB sb was the best one, but the steelers cards one was great too, pats eagles was pretty fun too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes