Welcome to PatsFans.com

Top 10 SB halftime shows

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by SVN, Jan 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SVN

SVN Rookie

Ratings:
    +179 / 1 / -0

2. Rob0729

Rob0729 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,319 / 13 / -5

Seeing U2 live at the Super Bowl, I can attest to it being the best ever. Although watching it on TV probably didn't get the same affect because when the showed the names of the 911 victims, their names appeared all over the dome which was not caught on camera which was very powerful being there.

As for the other shows looking at them, I realize that some of the performances were just as bad as the games. I felt the Rolling Stones were awful in their appearance. Aerosmith + Justine Timberlake + Britney Spears = a musical abomination of epic proportions. Aerosmith deserved their own show. Prince was great. I think Tom Petty got snubbed since he gave a solid yet predictable performance. So did Paul McCarthy. I felt they both gave better performances than the Stones who were just off that night. Janet Jackson's performance is only memorable because of the wardrobe malfunction. Many of the others have been long forgotten in my mind because they barely registered at the time (Chubby Checker?!?).
  3. signbabybrady

signbabybrady On the Roster

Ratings:
    +175 / 1 / -1

#24 Jersey

I was at SB 36 but I wouldn't be able to comment on the half time show as my nerves had me pacing the hallway rather than watching the show.:D
  4. JMarr

JMarr Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 1 / -0

No Doubt rocked the "house" with a truly concert-like performance in.........was it our '04 Superbowl? Can't remember. :eek:
  5. blackglass3

blackglass3 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +56 / 0 / -1

No Jersey Selected

Maybe No Doubt was the Bucs/Radiers (I didn't watch that one)? Because U2 was 36, that cluster F with Janet Jackson was 38, and the nap worthy Paul McCartney was 39 (the first of the "safe" Super Bowl acts the NFL has been doing).
  6. PATSYLICIOUS

PATSYLICIOUS Rookie

Ratings:
    +89 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

That had to be a tough list to make considering I can only think of 2 halftime performances that were actually good. SB36 and Michael Jackson years ago. Tom Petty sounds like it could've been good but I'm really not sure about it since I was so damn nervous all throughout that game I couldn't sit there at halftime had to go lay down.
  7. signbabybrady

signbabybrady On the Roster

Ratings:
    +175 / 1 / -1

#24 Jersey

Oh good I am not the only whos nerves get the better of them in these games. I can't just sit there waiting for the game to come back I have to get out of my seat and move around or my guts would explode.
  8. Leave No Doubt

Leave No Doubt PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Those are cool, thanks! U2's still my favorite but some of those were awesome-Chubby Checker lol ;) This year's should be a good one too-Springsteen usually puts on a good show.

* I just read that PETA banned one of the commercials this year but I lost the link :cool:

EDIT: http://redstaterebels.org/2009/01/veggie-love-petas-banned-superbowl-ad/
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2009
  9. LuthierJr

LuthierJr Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Ok... I'm putting myself out there (not in a gay way...come on), but I thought Prince did really well.
  10. Sean Pa Patriot

Sean Pa Patriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Even though Im not into the game, I think the show this year with Springsteen will be the best..
  11. HEY BRO! WHAT UP?

HEY BRO! WHAT UP? Banned

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Prince in 2007 was my favorite. His cover of Foo Fighter's "Best of You" was awesome!
  12. godef

godef Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Hot damn! :blush: The way you stated it, I was going to say how does PETA get the authority to ban Super Bowl ads, but it was actually a PETA commercial that got banned. And I can see why.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.