PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Top 10 Patriot Enemies list

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't forget Ben Dreith. The guy still spews venom everytime he mentions the Patriots. I personally think he was on the take from crazy Al. :D

Ben_Dreith.jpg

I'd think the Manning family should at least get dishonorable mention. Tubby Ratfink, too.

Decent list, but Joey Porter should have definitely been on it.

Zeke Mowatt and Lisa Olsen- Mowatt for not keeping it in his pants. Olson for blowing it out of proportion. Most embarrassing episode in Patriots history.

That wording made me spit out my Mr.T cereal...How about the guy that hit Stingley?

I love #9, that's such a good call. Walter Payton not getting the ball in that spot was an embarressment for all of Football.

Raiders...Holy Roller. Just saying, we all have our "miracle" plays.

Nothing could have been worse or more embarrassing to that bear team than the superbowl shuffle. Some people say AIDS started in Haiti...I say it was spontaneously generated with the filming of that video.

Thats a nice list but it could be legitimately 50 deep, Manjudas,Vinatieri,Parcells, Curtis Martin for leaving(and recruiting others)Marion Butts for not leaving, Terry Glenn, 1976 Raiders, Jerk Del Rio, The cryptkeeper(john clayton), Ron Borges, Sullivan, Victor Kiam (He loved us so much he bought the company, and nearly destroyed it) NEM, etc etc

Nothing could have been worse or more embarrassing to that bear team than the superbowl shuffle. Some people say AIDS started in Haiti...I say it was spontaneously generated with the filming of that video.

Thats a nice list but it could be legitimately 50 deep, Manjudas,Vinatieri,Parcells, Curtis Martin for leaving(and recruiting others)Marion Butts for not leaving, Terry Glenn, 1976 Raiders, Jerk Del Rio, The cryptkeeper(john clayton), Ron Borges, Sullivan, Victor Kiam (He loved us so much he bought the company, and nearly destroyed it) NEM, etc etc

What disease did this create?

YouTube - "New England, the Pat'riots and We" as seen on WVJV V66

shannon sharpes thing was funny lol, he cant really be considered an enemy for making a kinda funny joke

Zeke Mowatt and Lisa Olsen- Mowatt for not keeping it in his pants. Olson for blowing it out of proportion. Most embarrassing episode in Patriots history.

There's something Freudian about that.................:D:D:D

Something I find funny about the Raiders crying about the tuck rule is that they had their chance to win it all the next season and got absolutely demolished by the Buccaneers. It just seems stupid to me for them to still whine about it and how it cost them a chance to go farther in the playoffs when they sucked so bad in the big game the following year.

I agree, if the tuck rule ruined them, they didn't do bad getting to the superbowl the following season!

But I suppose something like the tuck rule makes everyone scout and draft badly ;)

The Tuna is no.1 imo, taking off like that and taking Curtis Martin with him.

Im all in favor of blaming the Tuna for somethings, but not for Martin. Bottom line, we shouldve matched that offer. Id blame Greer. For that matter, why isnt Bobby Greer on this list? :D

shannon sharpes thing was funny lol, he cant really be considered an enemy for making a kinda funny joke

Yeah, I agree. It may not have been the most sportsmanlike thing to do, but the Broncos were killing the Patriots, so I don't consider it that big of a deal. I never really had any bad feelings toward Shannon Sharpe for that, or the multiple times his team beat on the Patriots during the 90's.

It was tough keeping the list at ten. Parcells and Mangini do deserve to be on the list. But I would have put Chuck Fairbanks on before those two. Announcing that he was leaving to go to Colorado the next season was one thing, but to do it with one game left in the season and before the playoffs was unforgivable. But Fairbanks and Parcells both brought credibilty to the Patriots and did some good things while they were here, so I decided not to put former Patriot coaches on the list.

Chuck Sullivan deserved the blame in the Fairbank's mess. After the
disappointing end to the 1976 season, Fairbanks negotiated new contracts
for John Hannah and Leon Gray only to be over-ruled by Chuck Sullivan.

Both players held out to start the 1977 season and the Patriots lost two of their first three games. They missed the playoffs by one game.

While it is true that Fairbanks should have waited until the 1978 season
ended to resign, it was the Sullivan family that replaced Fairbanks with
Ron Erhardt before the playoff game.

Maybe Chuck Sullivan should be added to the enemies list.

Zeke Mowatt and Lisa Olsen- Mowatt for not keeping it in his pants. Olson for blowing it out of proportion

You know the way you wrote this,you could take this the wrong way if you didn't know the actual story - read the 2 sentences carefully :rofl:

The Tuna is no.1 imo, taking off like that and taking Curtis Martin with him.

He also gave us Tedy Bruschi, Willie Mac, Ty Law, Lawyer Milloy, Drew Bledsoe, Ted Johnson, Troy Brown, Terry Glenn and a return to relevance. And sort of Bill Belichick.

Yeah, we all hate what he did. But no way in hell is he the Pats number one enemy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down