PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Top 10 NFL Draft Busts of All-Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ron Mexico.......Number 1 pick.... Never became a QB. About as worthless as a broke-@#$%ed dog.

1. Lawrence Maroney
2. Lawrence Maroney
3. Lawrence Maroney

JK... I love LoMo!

I'll give you odds that Art Schlicter was the biggest bust...

and he'll take that bet.....

1. Ryan Leaf
2. Tony Mandarich
3. Akili Smith
4. Lawrence Phillips
5. Heath Shuler
6. Bruce Pickens
7. Robert Gallery
8. Andre Ware
9. Mike Williams
10. Jonathan Sullivan
It always cracks me up when someone makes a list that says "of all time" and then shows a list that is ridiculously skewed to the present day. The league has been drafting since the 30's, so I find it hard to believe that the top-10 busts "of all time" each happened since 1989. Y'all have obviously never heard of a fella named "Terry Baker". He makes Leaf look like Montana.

Ron Mexico.......Number 1 pick.... Never became a QB. About as worthless as a broke-@#$%ed dog.

3 pro bowls

70% winning percentage

that was right behind Brady few years ago

does it matter that he didnt light it up passing? not if hes winning. Plus he had WRs drop tons of balls previous few years

Last edited:
3 pro bowls

70% winning percentage

that was right behind Brady few years ago

does it matter that he didnt light it up passing? not if hes winning. Plus he had WRs drop tons of balls previous few years
Please don't come at me with the pro-bowl argument. I guess Tom Brady was not as good as Vick last year huh? Phillip Rivers better than Brady last year? The Pro-bowl is as legit as the gold-glove in baseball. He was massively overhyped he never won anything. He never even learned his position. All he ever did was kill dogs and spread herpes.

You forgot Chad Jackson.

Please don't come at me with the pro-bowl argument. I guess Tom Brady was not as good as Vick last year huh? Phillip Rivers better than Brady last year? The Pro-bowl is as legit as the gold-glove in baseball. He was massively overhyped he never won anything. He never even learned his position. All he ever did was kill dogs and spread herpes.
We're comparing to guys like Ryan Leaf. Vick at least won a few playoff games with a relatively untalented Falcons team, was the Falcons biggest draw ever and has gotten some praise along with the criticism.

He obviously didn't live up to expectations but Vick doesn't belong within 100 yards of an all-time biggest draft bust conversation.

Get ready to add Dorsey to the list in a few years ... won't be a bad bust ... just not 1st round talent ... perhaps not even 2nd.
Glenn Dorsey? I can't even begin to think of the reasons why he wouldn't be 1st or even 2nd (!!!) round talent.

If Dorsey doesn't at least become a good starter, I will eat my hat.

Glenn Dorsey? I can't even begin to think of the reasons why he wouldn't be 1st or even 2nd (!!!) round talent.

If Dorsey doesn't at least become a good starter, I will eat my hat.

It's funny people always say the same things.

Dorsey might end up being great.

But there have been tons of guys about whom the same was said: "can't miss", "sure thing". Yet many bust anyway. The sureness people have about a player's future success isn't well correlated with actual sucess.

Wasnt Keyshawn Johnson a #1 overall?? :confused:

Last edited:
What about Katzenmoyer? He was supposed to be the second coming and didn't do anything...

It's funny people always say the same things.

Dorsey might end up being great.

But there have been tons of guys about whom the same was said: "can't miss", "sure thing". Yet many bust anyway. The sureness people have about a player's future success isn't well correlated with actual sucess.
In some sense, you're right. It's not always guys who have big red flags hanging over them who bust. Still, Dorsey is as unlikely as anyone to just start sucking out of nowhere, and I'm more curious about what exactly would make anyone think that he doesn't have 1st or even 2nd round talent?

Wasnt Keyshawn Johnson a #1 overall?? :confused:
He was a pretty productive receiver for a good while and won a Superbowl. Again, doesn't belong anywhere near this discussion.

Hart Lee Dikes
Eugene Chung
Jeff George

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey