PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Top 10 *Most Feared* Players

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anquan Boldin is a "... Hines Ward-type who plays with a palatable anger, Boldin is one of the league's best wideouts."

:bricks: No editors at SI, then?

I get all the players in their except Boldin.

Oh yeah, Brady started shaking when facing Porter; shaking with laughter about how he was going to kick his team's a $$.

PatsDeb said:
Oh yeah, Brady started shaking when facing Porter; shaking with laughter about how he was going to kick his team's a $$.
There we gooooo. :D

PatsDeb said:

LOL..No Doubt.Brady isnt scared of much on that field it seems..

. . . eagerly awaiting PATSNUTme's deconstruction of this article . . . ;)

I know two guys in Atlanta that were really afraid of Ray Lewis, but their dead now.

FreeTedWilliams said:
I know two guys in Atlanta that were really afraid of Ray Lewis, but their dead now.

hahahahahaha :D

"Porter speaks loudly and levies the big stick. The first time Tom Brady saw him across the line, the young quarterback nearly started shaking."

WHAT????

And BRANDON SHORT??? Are they serious???

Wow. That's just....... Comical.

Where is Dawkins on that list?
Brandon short over Dawkins? Boldin over Dawkins?

And I have a feeling there have been a few defenders afraid to go against Brady or Manning on gameday.

What a load of crap. SI must be desparate for content to be posting that schlock.

What? No Broncos Offensive Linemen? What about all those cut blocks?

smg93 said:
What? No Broncos Offensive Linemen? What about all those cut blocks?
I was surprised not to see (an old) Kevin Mawae thrown in there. But Kruetz was the better choice.

FreeTedWilliams said:

Yeah, they say Baltimore has a killer defense.

Considering that Ray Lewis has become mearly a good, not great, LB I doubt he strikes fear into many players hearts anymore. He was absolutely manhandled by the KC fullback two years ago, and has been complaining that he had to take too many guards head-on last year. There is no shame in being good, but writers need to move on.

Joey Porter as the most feared? I'm not so sure about this one, and I doubt very much the story about Brady.

Keith Brooking? Keith Brooking?!

(You know what, maybe I misinterpreted what SI meant by "most feared" with Ray Lewis. Maybe they mean that fans sit in fear for the next time Lewis will jump on a pile and then get up and dance as if he made the most remarkable play ever. And then we wait in terror for the announcers to prattle on for 15 minutes about how great a leader he is. That I can buy.)

Well, this might surprise some people but I have not problem with Rodney being rated 10th.

Rodney is the only one on the list that plays hard but plays clean. Sure he hits you like a train but he's always making sure an opponant is OK after he destroys him. Rodney is a really nice guy both on and off the field.

The rest of them are a bunch of dirty bastards who should be banned from the game.

PATSNUTme said:
Well, this might surprise some people but I have not problem with Rodney being rated 10th.

Rodney is the only one on the list that plays hard but plays clean. Sure he hits you like a train but he's always making sure an opponant is OK after he destroys him. Rodney is a really nice guy both on and off the field.

The rest of them are a bunch of dirty bastards who should be banned from the game.

:eek:

I must have read their caption very differently from you.
"As he struggles to return from reconstructive knee surgery, Harrison still strikes fear into the hearts of pass-catchers because of his penchant for vicious hits. If he can catch them, he'll do his best to take them out."

I'm the only one that instantly thought that was one of those crappy "cheap shot" comments and implying that Rodney intentionally tries to injure people? Really? I must be the paranoid homer around here.

T-ShirtDynasty said:
"As he struggles to return from reconstructive knee surgery, Harrison still strikes fear into the hearts of pass-catchers because of his penchant for vicious hits. If he can catch them, he'll do his best to take them out."

I'm the only one that instantly thought that was one of those crappy "cheap shot" comments and implying that Rodney intentionally tries to injure people? Really? I must be the paranoid homer around here.

I read it the same way you did, and thought it was a crappy cheap shot comment also. Rodney doesn't deserve that label. At least not while he's been a Patriot.

T-ShirtDynasty said:

I usually look at things said about the pats the same way. But i didn't look at Rodney's comments that way. I thought they meant knock the snot out of the guy. I just figured since there is 10 guys, and a lot of them hit hard, they are going to say that in many different ways.

But you could be right, you never know.......

The Brady comment was Pure B.S. tho.....
If he was ever to be scared, it wouldn't be to Jerry Porter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back