Welcome to PatsFans.com

Top 10 Democrat Sex Scandals

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by QuiGon, Oct 4, 2006.

1. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I got this from a link from drudgereport... I don't know the original writer but did not want to take credit or make it seem like it was my work... My favorite is number 3, which proves that Democrats will defend homosexual pedophilia to their dying day... so without further ado...

10. Sen. Daniel Inouye. The 82-year-old Hawaii Democrat was accused in the 1990s by numerous women of sexual harassment. Democrats cast doubt on the allegations and the Senate Ethics Committee dropped its investigation.

9. Former Rep. Gus Savage. The Illinois Democrat was accused of fondling a Peace Corps volunteer in 1989 while on a trip to Africa. The House Ethics Committee decided against disciplinary action in 1990.

8. Rep. Barney Frank. The outspoken Massachusetts Democrat hired a male prostitute who ran a prostitution service from Frank’s residence in the 1980s. Only two Democrats in the House of Representatives voted to censure him in 1990.

7. Former Sen. Brock Adams. The late Washington Democrat was forced to stop campaigning after numerous accusations of drugging, assault and rape, the first surfacing in 1988.

6. Former Rep. Fred Richmond. This New York Democrat was arrested in 1978 for soliciting sex from a 16-year-old. He remained in Congress and won re-election—before eventually resigning in 1982 after pleading guilty to tax evasion and drug possession.

5. Former Rep. John Young. The late Texas Democrat increased the salary of a staffer after she gave in to his sexual advances. The congressman won re-election in 1976 but lost two years later.

4. Former Rep. Wayne Hays. The late Ohio Democrat hired an unqualified secretary reportedly for sexual acts. Although he resigned from Congress, the Democratic House leadership stalled in removing him from the Administration Committee in 1976.

3. Former Rep. Gerry Studds. He was censured for sexual relationship with underage male page in 1983. Massachusetts voters returned him to office for six more terms.

2. Former Rep. Mel Reynolds. The Illinois Democrat was convicted of 12 counts of sexual assault with a 16-year-old. President Bill Clinton pardoned him before leaving office.

1. Sen. Teddy Kennedy. The liberal Massachusetts senator testified in defense of nephew accused of rape, invoking his family history to win over the jury in 1991.

2. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,815 / 35 / -29

#87 Jersey

[​IMG]
    PATSFANS.COM POLITICAL FORUM STYLE.

3. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +717 / 20 / -30

I guess in Qui Con's mind because the Dems did some stuff it is ok for Foley to have done what he did... no one defends anything on your list, but one thing I am certain of is that if Studds did what he did in '06 as he did in '83 he would have faced the same furor as Foley.. Wasn't Foley portrayed as a protector of children?? Isn't his vaunted party the one of family values??

Your response is so typical of the right, lets change the subject and lets divert the blame... have not heard the permissiveness of William Clinton, but it is coming. Already Harry Boy has done his rant and rave about how the Dems knew, but did nothing until it was a month before elections ergo they are responsible. Heard how the Dems like NAMBLA...same old crap over and over again.. Herr Rove has taught his minions well, fortuantely or unfortunately many of us can see through the political rhetoric and understand why. What I worry about if we all spending a lot of time on Foley, what else is going on that we should be paying attention to????

4. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Only a complete moron would deduce that from the things I have said here. But that's OK - I know you're not stupid enough to believe the nonsense you spew.

WRONG Democrats defended those people on my list for a verrrrrrrrry long time

Again, this is the conclusion only a moron could reach - but I know you're just being deliberately obtuse and aren't so stupid as to believe what you're saying.

Like I said before... when a Republican does this sort of thing, Republicans are the first to want to hang him high. When Democrats do this sort of thing, their constituents will defend (and re-elect) them to their dying day.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2006
  5. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +494 / 20 / -17

I think it depends on the evidence. Foley, the fool, created a full document trail, making it very difficult for him to claim any sort of innocence. If the IMs didn't exist and the public only had the word of a page to go by, I very much doubt Foley and the Republican leadership would be in this much trouble. Also, the Republicans have won votes on issues of morality and accountability. In the best case for the Republicans, the Foley incident proves that the Repugs are just as bad as the Democrats, so if Christian morality is your issue, stay home.

6. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +995 / 2 / -9

Foley's lawyer is all over Cable News reporting that Foley wants the people to know that he is a "Homosexual" and not a "Pedophile".

How will the "kind and caring" liberal democrats handle the Homosexual side to this?

The democrats have a really good chance of taking over in November and believe it or not I am kind of looking forward to it, it will be fun to sit back and watch these Politically Correct Far Left "Dip Sh!ts" f-ck up the war on terror and everything else in the country.
    NAMBLA and Al Queda hope they win also.

7. Patters

Ratings:
    +494 / 20 / -17

Why would Al Qaeda want the Democrats to win? They've had all their major successes with the Republicans in power. Think about it: Under the Republicans, they killed 3000 American civilians, 3000 American soldiers, saw their enemy Saddam Hussein defeated, saw their membership ranks swell, saw America alienate a large part of the global community, and have a better chance than ever of having influence in Iraq.

8. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +370 / 10 / -14

So Patters why are the republican leadership in trouble?

I don't recall Tip O'Neill being 'in trouble over the Studds affair?

9. Pujo

Pujo Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

You're a loser, Qui Gon, someone said it best: you're the GOP NEM.

Republicans good, Democrats always bad. It's an easy drill to remember. It's easy enough to find huge faults with both, and with just a little selective vision anyone can be a party-line homer.

10. Patters

Ratings:
    +494 / 20 / -17

The Republicans and Democrats worked out a compromise whereby Studds and Crane were both censured for having sexual relations with pages. While censure is a significant punishment, I assume the punishment wasn't greater because they had committed their crimes many years earlier. There's no evidence that Tip O'Neill covered up for Studds as far as I know. As I've already said, the biggest issue in the Foley scandal is that there was apparently a coverup.

11. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +370 / 10 / -14

I don't recall you chasitizing anyone over the post that feature pubie only scandal lists. Selective outrage?

BTW there are plenty of scumbags on both sides of the isle.

12. Pujo

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

I've said the same thing to NEM and mikey more than anyone, they have absolutely no credebility because they're such pro Democrat suckups. Anyone that goes to bat for any of the *******s in Washington has no credebility, actually.

13. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

More crap from Pujo - and you know it. I am not a Republican so I most certainly do not defend Republicans when they commit crimes or deserve criticism. I am the first in line to say a guy like Foley should go to jail for a very, very long time. I don't care what happened to him as a child.

Meanwhile, dumbocrats will defend their pedophiles to the very end. Studds served 6 full terms after he was caught with more than just his hand in the cookie jar. Don't be bitter because I speak the truth.

Edit: I also support legislation to castrate scumbags such as Foley and Studds, but bleeding hearts like you won't let that go through. In fact, people like you voted Studds into office 6 times after his censure.

14. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Matt Drudge is your source. The Matt Drudge who has blamed the kids for this. Please, provide more Matt Drudge. It only strengthens the case that you support pedophiles.

15. Pujo

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

This has nothing to do with pedophiles, it's that you find the silver lining in anything the GOP does, and that silver lining always has to do with the Democrats. You're digging up decades of Democrat sex scandals and you want to say you're just calling it like it is and not pushing an agenda?

Red herring. Man, you debate like crap.

16. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +839 / 7 / -3

I have to say, that is seriously astounding. I only found out about Studds cuz of the Foley bit. It is a bit hypocritical for those bashing Republicans as a whole when their party re-elected a pedophile to 6 more terms. That aside, WTF is going on in our politics? Can anyone really not see how aweful our politicians have always been? We've got a rapist pedophile getting elected to 6 terms, a congressman living with a male prostitute who was running a brothel out of his apartment, another who in charge of protecting children and instead was having cyber sex with them, a probable future governor who was seaking to let a brutal rapist free, another governor from NJ banging men at under passes while his kids were in school and his wife was at home...sheesh...I miss anything?

17. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +839 / 7 / -3

Attorney David Roth, speaking on Foley's behalf at a Florida news conference Tuesday, said Foley was molested between ages 13 and 15 by a clergyman. He declined to identify the clergyman or the church, but Foley is Roman Catholic.

"Mark does not blame the trauma he sustained as a young adolescent for his totally inappropriate" e-mails and instant messages, Roth said. "He continues to offer no excuse whatsoever for his conduct."

Oh isn't this convenient. Now it seems he went to catholic school in Massachusetts. Or atleast at a school overseen by Bernard Law. Reminds me of Mel Gibson and his anti-semetic rant. When Passion came out he said he wasn't an anti-semite, and I took him at his word. Then he gets pulled over in Hawai I think, and he cusses out the cops and goes on an anti-sematic explosion. HA! Two days later, he checks into rehab and said it was his booze problem. Sure it was....

18. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

A male prostitute visited the WH on numerous occasions and had a fake press pass and a fake news agency.

His name is Jeff Gannon.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. Patters

Ratings:
    +494 / 20 / -17

You missed a lot. For instance, you missed Bob Livingstone, who Republicans wanted as Speaker of the House before Hastert. After Larry Flynt threatened to expose his political misdeeds, Livingstone's wife called Flynt and pleaded with him not to do so. He agreed not to provided that Livingstone resigned. We should have known then that Republicans are attracted to that kind of sleaze. At any rate, why do you allude to Studds, and not Crane, the Republican who was censured for having sex with a page at the same time Studds was? For every sleazy Democrat you can name, I'm sure I can name a sleazy Republican. What makes the Foley case so interesting is that the Republicans attempted to cover it up. If they had succeeded, then Foley would have gone on with his perverted behavior.

20. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Today at 11:52 EDT in post 8 of the Democrat Sex Blog thread

2:56 PM EDT today in post 13 of this very thread

So which is it Quigster? Are you a Repug or not? or did you go down to City Hall and re-register this afternoon? I'm open-minded. Explain if you could how these two posts don't show you to be a flip-flopper?

I can almost see this one coming, over on the main board: