3. Ken Hamlin
4. Brandon Short LB
5. Shaun Williams S
6. Roderick Hood CB
7. Donte Stallworth
8. Drew Bennett WR
9. London Fletcher-Baker
10. Carlos Polk LB

Wow, Carlos Polk eh? I started a thread on him a while back. I don't know if he would be in the top 10 but I think he would be a good signing. He's played alot at OLB in San Diego's 3-4 this season and is a special teams demon. Worst case, he have a great player on special teams. Best case we have a LB hitting his prime that could contribute in our regular starting rotation.

I would expect to see some secondary help come in through FA. I think Rod Hood is near the top of that list because I think he would solidify the nickle. I'm also going to throw Travis Fisher into the mix. Now I know he has been hurt the past few years, but he really looked like he had some talent coming out of the same school as Asante. He was picked in the second round so he is alright physically. I think he is a guy we might bring in for short money and see what he can do if he stays healthy

i think its more of a list of FA that would be good for US not just in general...i know he wont be cheap but how bout Adalius Thomas

1. Michael Lewis S Philly
2. Danny Clark LB Oakland
3. Cato June LB indy
4. Reggie Torbor Lb Giants
5. Justin Gage WR Bears
6. Adalius Thomas LB Ravens
7. Matt McBriar P Cowboys
8. Corey Redding DL Lions
9. Vinny Ciurciu LB Panthers
10. Jeff Posey LB Redskins

fuggedabowdit!!

Most of these guys stink with the exception of Stallworth (who is always injured) and Drew Bennett.

I live in DC and they have castigated Holdman for a couple years. It's newsworthy when he makes a tackle or has a decent game. The rest of them are no better than the reserves we currently have.

3. Cato June LB indy
5. Justin Gage WR Bears

Reggie Torbor is horrible.

3. Cato June LB indy
5. Justin Gage WR Bears

Mat McBriar? We have Miller, Sauerbrun, Walter, Baugher, and Malone. I see no room for another punter.

Torbor got moved from defensive end in college to a 4-3 backer position. He is best fit in a 3-4 as an outside backer. He won't set the world on fire but could make plays and contribute on special teams. I know we have all those punters, that is the problem- how about one good one.

You mean we couldnt make Dwight Freeney work in our system as a DE/OLB?

Michael Lewis is garbage.

Anyone got any views on Adam Archuleta? Looks like he might be trying to get out of DC after a miserable season and apparently falling out with Gregg Williams.

I know he's a significant cap hit, but I can't believe he's really the bust he looked in Washington this season.

What might it take? (Aside from the Pats ripping up their recent guide to FA, I know, I know...)

Short, Stallworth and Baker should be top priorities

1. Warrick Holdman LB
2. Jeff Posey LB
3. Ken Hamlin
4. Brandon Short LB
5. Shaun Williams S
6. Roderick Hood CB
7. Donte Stallworth
8. Drew Bennett WR
9. London Fletcher-Baker
10. Carlos Polk LB
Aside from London Fletcher and possibly Carlos Polk, the rest of that list is garbage.

Anyone got any views on Adam Archuleta? Looks like he might be trying to get out of DC after a miserable season and apparently falling out with Gregg Williams.

I know he's a significant cap hit, but I can't believe he's really the bust he looked in Washington this season.

What might it take? (Aside from the Pats ripping up their recent guide to FA, I know, I know...)
He is terrible in pass coverage which is why he was benched in the first place. After watching the Patriots defense in the second half against the Indianapolis Colts, this clown is the last person you want playing in the Patriots defensive secondary.

Michael Lewis and Archuleta would be miserable fits for the Pats. Both got benched because they can't cover the pass, and are probably going to be asking for legitimate money.

To the guy who mentioned Fisher...I like the way you think. Since there is no Grade A defensive back (cornerback specifically) in this free agent pool, it is important to explore many options, especially if they are going to be cheap. I would like Hamlin, but the guy doesn't quite seem to have a Patriots attitude. Good hardnose player though.

I'd rather have Michael Lewis if anyone. Archuletta got benched because he's Sean Taylor with no skill - and unfortunately Sean Taylor is also on his team so he wasn't going to be playing over him. Genius move by Washington bringing in a guy who can't cover the pass to play FS next to a SS who also can't cover the pass.

One Washington guy to keep on the radar is Brandon Lloyd. He was a bust this year on the Skins but he showed flashes of absolute brilliance in San Fran - he may get cut or could come dirt cheap in a trade. He would fit in nicely as a #2/#3 WR and he's got about as good of hands as I've seen.

3. Cato June LB indy
5. Justin Gage WR Bears

Danny Clark doesn't play for Oakland anymore. He is with the Saints.
Cato June would be a bad choice, imho.
Posey was looked at last year and the Pats passed.
McBriar? Why? Miller is still under contract.

The only guy I agree with here is Thomas.

Am I the only one that thinks Donnie Edwards would be a great 2 or 3 year pickup?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes