PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Top 10 Belichick Quotes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canuck

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
In honor of David Letterman's retirement, I thought I would do a top 10 list of Belichick quotes.

10: You can pick out anything you want. Every single area of the game, they did a better job at everything

9: What ever the medical department does, that's what they do, I'm not a doctor, I don't really know what the medical procedures are period. Like I said, we have a deal, they don't call plays, I don't play doctor

8: You should go talk to the geniuses that are online, I don't know MyFace, YourFace, InstantFace, go talk to whoever you want that does that stuff, I don't know

7: These players, a lot of people didn't believe them, but they believe in themselves and that's all that matters

6: I thought he did some good things, there are some things that could have been better

5: It was a coaching decision

4: We do the injury report on Wednesday

3: We are on to Cincinnati

2: It is what it is

1: Do your job

I generally say too much, in the past like Mr. Data in Star Trek: The Next Generation

I am both humored with his Jack Webb/Sgt Joe Friday terseness and admire his ability to withhold statements that could be used against him.

No way to make a top 10 BB quote list without these three:

"Thirty-seven points on the best defense in the league, s—- my d—-," the Patriots coach said in celebration.

Jackson extended his hand to Belichick. The coach looked at him and said “F... you.” It was left at that.

Mason made a first down catch and proceeded to chirp at Belichick on the sidelines and the coach took exception to the talk talk. Belichick fired back “Shut the f... up. Can you look at the scoreboard?

""Stats are for losers"

I think BB does care about stats very much....he promoted the PAT change because the point after statistically works 99% of the time.

Us IT guys call it Data Mining...you sift out what's meaningless to find the nuggets of information.

Played well/didn't play well in all three phases of the game

Finally found a coach that might have said less than BB - Noll

Does anybody have the quote in which BB said, in effect, all of:

• Did Tom say that?
  • If he said that, I assume it's true.
  • I have the utmost respect for Tom Brady.

It was after Brady said a little bit more about team attitude problems (IIRC the previous season) then one would normally expect to be said by a BB organization.

I remember the "Tom is a player" quote. I think it was in reference to Moss being traded or something like that. A reporter asked him if he had asked Brady about the decision and he answered that way. It was like he didn't understand the question. Players don't make personnel decisions, Tom is a player so WTF?

Sometimes BB is just classic in how simple he makes things.

This might be how BB really feels about stats

AAEAAQAAAAAAAANxAAAAJGQwNDM0OGRkLTFiYWItNGI5ZS05ODk0LWVlZTdjYzE3OWQ4ZQ.jpg

...like not all passing stats count, some things that win games can't be counted.

I think BB does care about stats very much....he promoted the PAT change because the point after statistically works 99% of the time.

Us IT guys call it Data Mining...you sift out what's meaningless to find the nuggets of information.
A birdie told me that the NEP use several petabytes of storage and have their own private cloud.

I like his line when people try to give him credit for wins, like he used on the stand after SB49.
It's a players game.

images

“There is an old saying about the strength of the wolf is the pack, and I think there is a lot of truth to that. On a football team, it's not the strength of the individual players, but it is the strength of the unit and how they all function together.”

I know what happened, I was there.
We try to score points every drive - I know it dosent always look it
I am not trying to solve the worlds problems
We will do whats best for the team
I dont care what the other teams do
All the players that are out there practicing are practicing and the ones that aren’t, aren’t.
There is ****in 80 people between me the guy and Eric
You saw the game. What did we have, 30 penalties called in that game?”
In a game of no defense, we played less
Going golfing today Tom?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back