Welcome to PatsFans.com

Top 10 April's Fools Jokes

Discussion in 'The PatsFans.com Pub' started by PatsWickedPissah, Apr 1, 2007.

1. PatsWickedPissah

PatsWickedPissah PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2,069 / 20 / -13

Disable Jersey

2. chris_in_sunnyvale

chris_in_sunnyvale In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

I actually experienced #30 on this list (Space Shuttle landing in San Diego). I was driving to work, listening to the radio host give the play-by-play of the shuttle coming in for a landing. Having flown out of Montgomery Field in a Cessna and knowing the runway is about 4000ft long at most, I knew right away the story was bogus...but I looked out the windshield towards the sky just in case.
    :bricks:

That several hundred people showed up for the landing caused me to LOL when I heard about it after work. I remember the news stories about the city trying to bill the radio station for the police sent to handle the crowd.

Regards,
    Chris

Last edited: Apr 2, 2007
  3. ironwasp

ironwasp Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

I was once fooled for months by an April fool on the front page of a UK newspaper about the break-up of Belgium. THe story said that the country would be split in two with the French-speaking bit joining France and the Flemish-speaking bit joining the Netherlands with Brussels becoming a City State and the capital of the EU.

I swallowed the whole thing hook line and sinker (it was actually quite plausible in my view) and it was only about two months later when I asked one of my political science professors when the whole Belgium break-up was going to happen did I realise what had happened.

There was a famous BBC one in 1957 about a Swiss spaghetti farm that has become a classic of the genre.