PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Too much Cam Jordan talk = No chance of Cam Jordan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's see. How about Wilfork, Warren and Mayo? Lots of folks had us picking McCourty at this time last year. I'm sure many had Meriweather.

I don't remember anyone having us pick McCourty. It was all Odrick or Graham.

EDIT: Also Weatherspoon.

Last edited:
I don't remember anyone having us pick McCourty. It was all Odrick or Graham.
Yeah i don't remember anyone having the pats taking Mccourty at all, it was a shock.

If we really want Cam Jordan, i think either the 6th or 10th round pick as people as expecting a bit too him for him, anything lower than that is very good position to take him. The only team that could take Cam at the top ten would be the Cowboys, but even if they do go DE, i think he is not rated that high with them.

BB revealed that he is willing and able to trade down and that evaluating the front 7 will be the key to this draft.

It all makes no sense. BB never telegraphs his intentions.

Shefter via twitter just blew the Patriots/Cowboys trade DEAD!!!

Twitter

I believe the team can sit 'pat' without trading up and get Jordan at #17 if they really want him...I don't see Jordan going before then

If they want Quinn then they will need to trade up into the single digits

I believe the team can sit 'pat' without trading up and get Jordan at #17 if they really want him...I don't see Jordan going before then

If they want Quinn then they will need to trade up into the single digits

I wouldn't be so sure of that. I don't have him going top 10, there are better players to be taken.

If we are going to draft Cam Jordan on this team it is not going to be for OLB. Anyone ever seen him drop into coverage while at Cal? If you can find any footage I'd like to see it. Talk about a conversion project.

Dude is a really good defensive end and I just don't project him as the elephant type.

Oh, I agree. If the Pats do end up taking Jordan they will have him bulk up to play DE, not slim down. He doesn't have the agility to play in space as an OLB.

If we are going to draft Cam Jordan on this team it is not going to be for OLB. Anyone ever seen him drop into coverage while at Cal? If you can find any footage I'd like to see it. Talk about a conversion project.

Dude is a really good defensive end and I just don't project him as the elephant type.

I am also don't think we need to move up very far for this guy to be had. He needs to add mass so he's not a plug and play guy.

Agreed. Looks way too small to be a 3-4 DE

I'm happy for New Orleans (and me, because I've been down on this kid as a bad fit after watching him in two games back to back do nothing against substandard competition).

Told ya so

BB must read this forum with the 18,957 people expecting Cam Jordan

Some people never learn

However I was surprised we didnt move up.....yet

Jordan never did fit the scheme. Too small, too much of a shooter, not a whole lot of room to add bulk. I went on a freaking tirade on another forum about why he didn't fit. That was January. I said he was going to go to a 4-3 team. It took a few months, but I got to serve crow tonight.

I think Belichick passing on the highest amount of DL ever taken in the first round (many of them TWICE) says a lot about his opinion at the supposed 'position of need' that so many people assumed. I have to admit that I did expect ONE of the 2 picks to have selected a DE. I also will admit that I did not see the HUGE glaring weakness at the position that most did, as I see some past high picks and guys developing, a decent free agent signing, and some returning injured players providing decent enough depth this year.

Hopefully the position will be addressed some time on day 2, with another player added later for camp fodder/depth/competition.

I am guessing the same exact thing goes for OLB. A day 2 pick (or 2), with another late rd player/UFDA added for fodder/depth/competition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes