PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Too many commercials in football games

Status
Not open for further replies.

BRADY2MOSSS

On the Roster
Reaction score
Am I the only one that's annoyed with all the commercial break they have during a football game.
when ever i'm watching a football game I have to have a secondary program to watch when they go to commercial cause it happens so often.
im gettin sick of it.

Last edited:
Commercials? What are those?

I DVR the games and start watching them 45 minutes to an hour late. 30 second skip button = no commercials.

And, you can skip forward during any parts of the game when Don Shula is a guest in the booth!

The money has to come from somewhere. If you want less commercials you'll get PPV.

couldn't agree more. I always think about timing the commercials during a football game cuz I think at this point it's about 60% football and 40% commercials which is so ridiculous.

The money has to come from somewhere. If you want less commercials you'll get PPV.

except in england where the premier league is king and they only have commercials at halftime and the end of the game.

The bride and I got in a tiff last night when I started screaming at the commercials....but like the man says, it costs the networks a bundle to give us the games...they are entitled to make a profit. Still pisses me off.

I don't mind the commercials as long as the game is free.

There should be a rule, NBC, FOX, CBS, ABC = commercials
NFLN, ESPN = no commercials (or at least a whole lot less)

I DVR the games and start watching them 45 minutes to an hour late. 30 second skip button = no commercials.

And, you can skip forward during any parts of the game when Don Shula is a guest in the booth!

Good idea, but your not watching the game live. Maybe its just me, but I prefer watching a live game.

HURRY, YOU ARE GONNA MISS PAYTON........
OH NEVER MIND THERE WILL BE ANOTHER ONE IN A MINUTE:robot:

I liked how the World Cup did it with the sponsorships by the score and surrounding the field. Like now, instead of seeing the things that just says Chargers over and over, slap a Budwieser and Subway sign up there. Then have commercials at the end of each quarter, and at the 2 minute warnings.

The only time I really get annoyed with commercials is when there is a commercial after a score, then the kickoff, then another commercial, especially after the Patriots have just given up a score. I want them to answer back ASAP.

Good idea, but your not watching the game live. Maybe its just me, but I prefer watching a live game.
Just got to get it out of your head. Even if you watch DirecTV live, you're still 3 or 4 seconds behind real time.

It did seem last week's Patriots game had longer commercial periods than the average game

I couldn't do that. Call me mentally challenged if you will, but I couldn't stand knowing that Pat's scored a touchdown and everybody is cheering but me 'cause I'm on delay.

I couldn't do that. Call me mentally challenged if you will, but I couldn't stand knowing that Pat's scored a touchdown and everybody is cheering but me 'cause I'm on delay.

My concern would be I is it would be close game 3 mins left on my game clock and someone tells me who won in overtime b/c I am 15 mins behind the game.

I, too agree there are way too many commercial breaks. It is ridiculous.

except in england where the premier league is king and they only have commercials at halftime and the end of the game.
Do you still need a TV License ? You (they) did when I left in 1979.

the other day I was riding down a country road and "Rock me Gently" came on the radio...seconds later, I squirrel jumped on my front seat and started to sing it with me...:rolleyes:

Am I the only one that's annoyed with all the commercial break they have during a football game.
when ever i'm watching a football game I have to have a secondary program to watch when they go to commercial cause it happens so often.
im gettin sick of it.

What the NFL Network did was disgusting. There wasn't a halftime show, only a 15 minute commercial break. The NFL will drive it's casual viewers away if they keep this up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes