PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Too damn big! Charles Spencer is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

holyredeemer

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Gil Brandt reported on nfl.com that Charles Spencer weighed in at the combine at 352lbs. Do you guys really want someone that big? Obviously he's gained some weight but, DAMN! 352lbs? Keeping his weight in check would prove to be a difficult situation for the pats. That I am sure of.

How much does Vince Wilfork weigh? Ted Washington? 400?

Feep_FLA said:
How much does Vince Wilfork weigh? Ted Washington? 400?

I think O line and NT are two different things. NT just have to take up space and occupy a couple of blockers, so you can afford to be 400 lbs, whereas O line needs to be big and more importantly, they need to get up field and block, pull, and be able to run a little bit, so 375-400lbs does not work. I am interested in seeing how fast The Beast runs

If he were 5'11 I'd really be concerned. But he's 6'5 so 352 may not be that heavy on him. One of the things that I did read aout him is that he was a hard worker.

Anyway, we do have 2 months to sort that stuff out before his number gets called. We haven't drafted him yet and may not.

I apologize. I thought he was a NT..... DER..................

PATSNUTme said:
If he were 5'11 I'd really be concerned. But he's 6'5 so 352 may not be that heavy on him. One of the things that I did read aout him is that he was a hard worker.

Anyway, we do have 2 months to sort that stuff out before his number gets called. We haven't drafted him yet and may not.
1st or second round pick and I would be ok with it.

KDPpatsfan said:
1st or second round pick and I would be ok with it.

He is projected as a mid 2nd rounder and some have him as an early 3rd rounder. Haven't seen anyone that has him raated as a 1st rounder. But, with 2 months to go he could rise or fall.

PATSNUTme said:
He is projected as a mid 2nd rounder and some have him as an early 3rd rounder. Haven't seen anyone that has him raated as a 1st rounder. But, with 2 months to go he could rise or fall.

If he can get his 40 time under 10 seconds who knows...:eek: :bricks:

Sorry Nut...I couldn't resist.

The NFL should have the "BUDDA-BEAN" or "HAYSTACKS CALHOUN" award for the biggest player every draft.

F.B.N. said:
If he can get his 40 time under 10 seconds who knows...:eek: :bricks:

Sorry Nut...I couldn't resist.

The NFL should have the "BUDDA-BEAN" or "HAYSTACKS CALHOUN" award for the biggest player every draft.

Just put a free buffet 40 yards in front of him and see him break 5.0.

Well

He would be great in short yardage situations! Just hike the ball and have him fall forward-- we could at least get a few yards with him that way :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots