PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tony Moeaki: Patriots Player

Status
Not open for further replies.
The better he runs, the more money he makes. There will be some good TE's running in the 4.7 range. He needs to run in the 4.5 and 4.6 range to jump up the draft boards.
I'll take 4.7 if there's some extra wiggle. :D

Last edited:
The better he runs, the more money he makes. There will be some good TE's running in the 4.7 range. He needs to run in the 4.5 and 4.6 range to jump up the draft boards.

I wouldn't mind if he waited around until the 3rd or 4th round... I'd say high 4.6's is where he will fall.

Don't we usually take smaller tight ends?

Another thing that I don't get about BB...we've taken two big TEs in the first round and then after that, when we take project types like David Thomas and Garrett Mills, they are small.

Another thing that I don't get about BB...we've taken two big TEs in the first round and then after that, when we take project types like David Thomas and Garrett Mills, they are small.

Daniel Graham wasn't small for sure... Kyle Brady (FA) and Chris Baker (FA) weren't draft picks, but were pretty big.

As a cyclone fan living in Iowa City, I have had to watch the guy for longer than I care to remember. He is a fantastic pass catcher and seems to be able to get open all the time(very frustrating when you are cheering for the other team). He is also an above average blocker that seems to get satisfaction out of doing so. His big problem is staying healthy. He plays hard and it has resulted in some injuries. I love him in the 4th because of the injury concerns.

Not sure where you get that the David Thomas is small at 6'3.125". Garrett Mills was shorter, but was expected to be an H-back, not a TE..

Also, I think you missed Andrew Stokes who was a project TE who was 6'4.

I want Moeaki or Peek 5th round! We need a real TE. Please dump Ben "Stone Hands" Watson!

As a cyclone fan living in Iowa City, I have had to watch the guy for longer than I care to remember. He is a fantastic pass catcher and seems to be able to get open all the time(very frustrating when you are cheering for the other team). He is also an above average blocker that seems to get satisfaction out of doing so. His big problem is staying healthy. He plays hard and it has resulted in some injuries. I love him in the 4th because of the injury concerns.

Wasn't Moaki injured most of his five years at Iowa? I wouldn't think you got to see too much of him.

I want Moeaki or Peek 5th round! We need a real TE. Please dump Ben "Stone Hands" Watson!

Don't sleep on the kid from Stanford. He can block in space and that can be a huge factor in helping a RB.

How these guys run, will be huge in determining where they are picked.

Wasn't Moaki injured most of his five years at Iowa? I wouldn't think you got to see too much of him.

Tony wasn't injured the whole time, but he did miss a couple of games a year. (at least) He's all healed up right now though.

Unfortunately, he usually didn't get hurt until after the cyclone/hawkeye game. Like I said, that is his big concern and why he will be available later than his talent would dictate.

Tony wasn't injured the whole time, but he did miss a couple of games a year. (at least) He's all healed up right now though.

Isn't this Watson's M.O. to be injured a lot and miss 1 or 2 games a year?

The kid from Pittsburgh might be in the low 4.4s.

The kid from Pittsburgh might be in the low 4.4s.

But can he block? BB once said "big guys that can run fast"

If Bynum also from Pittsburgh proves on tape that he can block, he might make an interesting prospect.

****erson is listed as a FB/H-Back/WR by NFLDraftSCout.com. Which I found interesting. They also projected him at the mid 4.5 for his fastest time. Not that it means anything..

The Combine is going to be an interesting and fun time.

I've learned that the Patriots have scheduled a private workout with Tony Moeaki on Monday, March 15th, and will attend his pro-day at Iowa.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes