PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tony Mazz: Rumors of Pats going after Steve Smith

Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard Glazer on Cowherd and when asked about WR trades, he said he could see the Pats going after a guy like Steve Smith. 100% speculation on Glazer's part.

But I wonder how much of Mazz's report stems from this floating around out there.

They all stem from speculation on guys like Glazer's part.

There's absolutely no way that BB would go out of his way to purge the lockerroom of disruptions over the offseason, and then go out and get Steve Smith, a guy who has been suspended multiple times for assaulting teammates.

There's absolutely no way that BB would go out of his way to purge the lockerroom of disruptions over the offseason, and then go out and get Steve Smith, a guy who has been suspended multiple times for assaulting teammates.

Smith is talented, edgy and competitive, and only goes postal on the lower ranks of the roster. As long as he doesn't pull a Harrison on teammates by capping members of the secondary after practice, he deserves serious consideration.:)

And no, I don't see Smith coming to the Pats either.

I wouldn't be shocked if they inquired about Reggie Wayne.

There is about a .000001% chance of that happening. Due diligence is one thing, but Bill should know that the Colts would never in a million years trade Wayne... especially to us. I think the Colts would rather trade Wayne within their own division before trading him to us.

Smith is talented, edgy and competitive, and only goes postal on the lower ranks of the roster. As long as he doesn't pull a Harrison on teammates by capping members of the secondary after practice, he deserves serious consideration.:)

And no, I don't see Smith coming to the Pats either.

IIRC, Lucas was a starter.

And I don't care if hes assualting the Ball boys. That can't be good for the lockerroom.

Whos Tony Mazz?

Whoever in this thread mentioned that he is human trash hit it on the head. Not thank you.

Geez. It's becoming ridiculous..Branch..Jackson..Smith..

Who's next, Plaxico?

To think that this girly-man,patriots-hater,would come up with a scoop that was not related to baseball or the gay men's chorus,is beyond ludicrous:bricks:

Who's the one player no one in the media has mentioned that will both fit the scheme and be one hell of a leader? Lee Evans. C'mon, how often does someone other than Jay Glazer nail a trade rumor? I think that if they are going to get a replacement, it is going to be Evans. The natural objection is why would the Bills trade within the division. I know that any trade can be done if there is sufficient motivation. Hell, if the asking price for Evans is a 2nd, and they wouldn't send the player to NE, I would call BB Jr in Denver and offer my 2nd and a 4th for the service fee. I'm not saying that it will happen, I'm just saying that it should.

Last edited:
You guys have a strong dislike towards these WRs, I can't think of one solid wideout that hasn't had trouble, its just part of young talented athletes getting money and spotlight, gotta find another 'head case' before Brady retires surely.

Wow! The Pats are seriously panicking! They're going after every Tom, **** and Harry, just hoping to obtain that elusive deep thread who's going to put this team back on the map! I'm surprised I haven't seen any TO threads yet.

I also heard the Patriots are going after Reggie Wayne, Andre Johnson, Calvin Johnson, Miles Austin, Marcus Colston, and Roddy White.

Seriously, enough with these stupid rumors.
Lance Alworth is in Foxboro right now. Golden Richards is due in tomorrow.

Wow! The Pats are seriously panicking! They're going after every Tom, **** and Harry, just hoping to obtain that elusive deep thread who's going to put this team back on the map! I'm surprised I haven't seen any TO threads yet.

I don't think the Patriots are panicking, just us fans...how about M. Harrison??:bricks:

You guys have a strong dislike towards these WRs, I can't think of one solid wideout that hasn't had trouble, its just part of young talented athletes getting money and spotlight, gotta find another 'head case' before Brady retires surely.

Calvin Johnson
Larry Fitzgerald
Marques Colston
Roddy White
Andre Johnson, other than contract whining

I don't recall anything about the above receivers, and the only thing I can think of with Reggie Wayne is letting the little head do the thinking instead of the big head.

I like Smith but no way this happens... famous last words...

Steve Smith
Salaries " 5/8/2007: Signed a six-year, $43.85 million contract. The deal included a $9.3 million signing bonus, a $6 million roster bonus in the second year, and a $2 million roster bonus in the third. 2010: $5.75 million, 2011: $7 million, 2012: $7.75 million, 2013: Free Agent "

There is about a .000001% chance of that happening. Due diligence is one thing, but Bill should know that the Colts would never in a million years trade Wayne... especially to us. I think the Colts would rather trade Wayne within their own division before trading him to us.

Kon

My point is that don't be suprised to hear anyone's name. It's not a shock that the Pats would inquire about a WR from the 0-4 Panthers.

We control the 2011 draft so absolutely no name should shock. It doesn't mean anything would happen but it shouldn't be suprising to hear some suprising names.

I just heard Mazz say he has heard rumors of the Pats going after Steve Smith of the Panthers. Kinda said it in passing. Makes sense since the relationship between Smith and the Panthers is not great and they are in rebuild mode.

Steve Smith?
He of the Broken arms, Black Eyed/Broken Jaw Teammates, with a current High Ankle Sprain Steve Smith?

Please tell me you jest! :bricks:

Last edited:
Dream replacement @ WR; Larry Fitzgerald, likelihood: .0000002%
Best player for the open WR spot that could realistically happen; Lee Evans, Likelihood .05%

The guy we'll end up with if anyone @ WR; Deion Branch, Likelihood 30%
It's not gonna be Smith, or Jackson, or pretty much any other name you can think of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back