PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tony Mazz: Rumors of Pats going after Steve Smith

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't see it happen, but love him as a player!

Plays ALOT bigger than he is, and isn't scared to play hard!

He had a horrible ankle injury in the Saints game. I wonder how that's coming along.

I also wonder how many more of these rumors we'll hear before we actually either pick up Deion Branch or move on with what we have...

I was about to say, the last time I saw Smith he was being carted off the field in a lot of pain.

Edit: According to rotoworld he is aiming for a week 7 return.

Last edited:
He's the scrappiest player I've ever seen. All heart and tons of talent. I've always wanted him on the Patriots. I'd die if we could pull him in.

I do not think you will see a trade until at the earliest Tuesday. Teams have the game plans all set for the weekend.

Too many negatives with this dude:
1) he's a midget, we have enough of those
2) wrong side of 30 with way too many miles on those tires
3) total thug who likes assaulting his teammates
4) total mental case
No thank you.

I do not think you will see a trade until at the earliest Tuesday. Teams have the game plans all set for the weekend.

Smith isn't playing this weekend. He's still in a boot.

Not happening..better chance of Jackson coming here

Hard-nosed, balls-to-the-wall player. Just what this team needs.

are we going to hear this about ever damn reciever out there right now seriously

Smith is basically Allen Iverson, small, loads of talent, unafraid, and crazy!

I would take a pass on this one too

33 and on the decline...he is still good but too old to use a draft pick on

If we are going to give draft picks up I would hope for a vet WR in his mid to late 20s

This is true! We have 8 picks in the first four rounds. We are going to take our 5th, 6th, and 7th to acquire Steve Smith, Andre Johnson, and Larry Fitzgerald....I also heard that the Moss deal was just a trade and release deal. Moss is real coming back, the Vikings just wanted to give us their 3rd round pick! So we'll be all set by the end of the week :)

Can't WAIT to win the SB this year!!!!!!

I think you reversed your signs. That means less than not greater than.

Steve Smith makes Vincent Jackson look like choirboy. If you're worried about the downsides of Jackson, atleast hes only going to injure people on the streets, and not on the practice field.

I heard Glazer on Cowherd and when asked about WR trades, he said he could see the Pats going after a guy like Steve Smith. 100% speculation on Glazer's part.

But I wonder how much of Mazz's report stems from this floating around out there.

Steve Smith makes Vincent Jackson look like choirboy. If you're worried about the downsides of Jackson, atleast hes only going to injure people on the streets, and not on the practice field.

I'm worried about what players do on the football field and that they give 110% in everything they do football related. Smith fits both those categories.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back