PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tony Mazz: Rumors of Pats going after Steve Smith

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob0729

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I just heard Mazz say he has heard rumors of the Pats going after Steve Smith of the Panthers. Kinda said it in passing. Makes sense since the relationship between Smith and the Panthers is not great and they are in rebuild mode.

I just heard Mazz say he has heard rumors of the Pats going after Steve Smith of the Panthers. Kinda said it in passing. Makes sense since the relationship between Smith and the Panthers is not great and they are in rebuild mode.

I won't get my hopes up but I LOVE Steve Smith of the Panthers.

This makes more sense than going after jackson or branch. I wouldn't give them their 2nd rounder back though

Last edited:

He had a horrible ankle injury in the Saints game. I wonder how that's coming along.

I also wonder how many more of these rumors we'll hear before we actually either pick up Deion Branch or move on with what we have...

How old is he now..... 33? Not sure how much tread he has on tires now either...remember him in 2003 tho....guy was awesome....

Guy's completely bananas, but you sure don't have to worry about him not playing hard.

Last edited:
O man, o man. This guy is probably my favorite wide out in the league. He's a great deep threat, makes people miss in open space like almost no wide out in the league. He goes across the middle and catches screens and does it all. This would be all kinds of awesome.

He had a horrible ankle injury in the Saints game. I wonder how that's coming along.

I also wonder how many more of these rumors we'll hear before we actually either pick up Deion Branch or move on with what we have...

I think we'll see the Pats associated in rumors regarding quite a few WR before the trade deadline comes.

I won't get my hopes up but I LOVE Steve Smith of the Panthers.

And you thought Moss was a cancer?

Steve Smith has assaulted several of his teammates. (Anthony Bright, Ken Lucas).

He was charged with assualt for beating the hell out of Bright during a film session after Bright disagreed with him (and got a broken nose, jaw, etc), and punched Lucas and broke his nose, while Lucas was kneeling in a huddle.

There's also been several reports of other incidents that didn't involve players in the hospital.

The guy is human trash. He's the last sort of player BB would want.

I bet nothing will come out of this.I am sure the panthers will ask for alot.

Rumor: The NEP are considering and willing to trade for any WR in NFL if the price is right.

I think at this point journalist are just speculating about every and any WR in the NFL w/ or w/o any basis that NE is interested or the other team is willing to make the trade.

I also heard the Patriots are going after Reggie Wayne, Andre Johnson, Calvin Johnson, Miles Austin, Marcus Colston, and Roddy White.

Seriously, enough with these stupid rumors.

is he not a top notch slot guy?

I thought we were solid in the slot and up the middle:)

In any event..... I would welcome him.:)

the guy is 31

The Patriots are supposedly trying to rebuild the locker room. Bringing in Smith wouldn't seem to fit the bill, unless BB is looking for someone to serve as his legbreaker.

The Patriots are supposedly trying to rebuild the locker room. Bringing in Smith wouldn't seem to fit the bill, unless BB is looking for someone to serve as his legbreaker.

Nah.... You got it almost right. Smith is coming, but Bill is turning him into a safety.

boy i thought being a meteorologist took no skill.. I'm going to start lumping the local sports guys in the same category :)

Mazzarotti barely has sources within his own sport. His sources / credibility for football are about as good as anyones on this board.

I think we'll see the Pats associated in rumors regarding quite a few WR before the trade deadline comes.

Speaking of the trade deadline: when is it exactly? I should know this but too lazy to google it...................

Put me in the sign Smith camp too.........:cool:

I'll wait till a real NFL reporter/insider like Reiss or Schefter put a rumor out about a trade before I give it any credibility.

I wouldn't be shocked if they inquired about Reggie Wayne.

With a bye it makes sense to explore all possibilities and avenues. Complete due diligence never hurt anyone.

If they are really targeting Branch, more rumours and possible deals can only help in negotiations.

Smith would actually work better for where we are going. He does provide a deep threat and does run routes well and is a good YAC guy and has stated publically not minding being a "#2" type of guy.

Interesting that profootballtalk has just posted an article on Larry Fitzgerald and his situation in Arizona.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes