PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tony Massarotti

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulNEPats

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Tony Maz seems to be writing a good amount of Pats articles lately (and who can blame him with the Red Sox downward spiral). I've always enjoyed reading his articles on the Sox, and believe he's for the most part pretty objective. He has a pretty good article in the Herald today regarding the Pats, which you guys may want to check out.

I don't know how great it is. This is the same tired old rehash of Adam and Deion being let go. The only way these guys are going to quit with the whining over Deion is for the Pats to go on a tear. That's how the Milloy noise went away so quickly.

Maz says that BB has to answer for the absence of Jackson and Gabriel now more than ever. Since when Tony? What part of BB's non-information is a new thing and do you really think writing an article in the Herald is going to change that?

I want to Pats to rattle off a winning streak if for no other reason than to not have to hear the name Deion Branch again.

brady et al fan said:
I don't know how great it is. This is the same tired old rehash of Adam and Deion being let go. The only way these guys are going to quit with the whining over Deion is for the Pats to go on a tear. That's how the Milloy noise went away so quickly.

Maz says that BB has to answer for the absence of Jackson and Gabriel now more than ever. Since when Tony? What part of BB's non-information is a new thing and do you really think writing an article in the Herald is going to change that?

I want to Pats to rattle off a winning streak if for no other reason than to not have to hear the name Deion Branch again.

I agree, and am not sure what the OP saw in the article that impressed him. Perhaps he's a relation?

Massarotti is a baseball guy, and his grasp on the Patriots' circumstances are unoriginal here. There is no need to go into detail on the specific points, since they have been hashed and rehashed ad infinitum in these very pages.

That being said, it is interesting to compare the baseball-approach and the football-approach. The criticisms of Epstein directed by Massarotti and others late this summer regarding were long and considered, but I did not ever sense the sort of perverse pleasure at the team's failure that is palpable from the football writers whenever the team has a setback, loses a game, or a player, or receives some negative attention.

kolbitr said:
I agree, and am not sure what the OP saw in the article that impressed him. Perhaps he's a relation?

Massarotti is a baseball guy, and his grasp on the Patriots' circumstances are unoriginal here. There is no need to go into detail on the specific points, since they have been hashed and rehashed ad infinitum in these very pages.

That being said, it is interesting to compare the baseball-approach and the football-approach. The criticisms of Epstein directed by Massarotti and others late this summer regarding were long and considered, but I did not ever sense the sort of perverse pleasure at the team's failure that is palpable from the football writers whenever the team has a setback, loses a game, or a player, or receives some negative attention.

I'm just a fan of his writing in general. Here we go with the wild conspiracy theories :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back